Stone Circle Wheres my sparing buddy?
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away

Before Joining Easthollow Howl only knew a few of its members. He had meet Keoni who had brought him to the pack, had a quick chat with Mawk, and had meet Valette while she was in her heat. The same say he had meet Valette was the same day he meet Ezekiel, and he was someone that Howl meet more then once. The two weren't friends necassarily, but they meet on more then once occassion and spared with one another. Blowing off some steam and helping one another keep their skills up to date.

But unknow to Howl Ezekiel was no longer in the pack. When he spoke with Mawk it was mentioned that he was away, but he hadn't thought at that moment that he would be gone entirely when he arrived. So even though he didn't smell Ezekiels scent he was still under the impression that he had to be somewhere nearby. 

As he set out to find his former sparing buddy he expected nothing less then to partake in a little sparing. He found himself in Blume Meadow which was now covered in a think layer of snow fall.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Thanks for starting! :D

So much had been on Nanook's mind as of late. The threat of Blackfeather, to top the list, and the heavy realization that if an attack were to come, she was far from ready to fight. Though the wise old mentor she'd found in the North had taught her much about the stars and the earth, her defensive prowess had been non-existent, and Nanook knew little more than what she had gleaned from her occasional tussles on the road. Her forte lay in running, but that was not an option now.

What she needed was someone to train her, and with that goal, she began to look. Her first stop, Blume Meadow, for no reason other than it was the closest thing to her when she was relieved of her shift around the borders. Nanook loped through the snow laden field toward her first poor victim, a man she had never met - but ambition was ambition, and she wouldn't let his novelty deter her. He bore the scent of Easthollow, after all, and that made him fair game. "Hey!" she called, "You much of a fighter?" Might as well get to the point; small talk was senseless if she found he couldn't help her in the end.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Instead of finding his former sparing partner he was called out by a female with a silver shaded coat. She was rather blunt. She had greeted him somewhat, but it seemed like more of a get your attention 'Hey' then a hello. She also seemed to have something on her mind as she wasted no time asking Howl a rather out of the blue question. 

Even though this female may be been a bit ill mannored, Howl didn't take it personally, in fact it made him smile a bit at just how quick and blunt she was. "I'd like to think so yes." he said with a smile and slight laugh. Wanting to know what this unique individual was Howl introduced himself first saying, "My names Howl. I'm rather new." be for asking. "And you would be?" he asked in a polite voice.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
She perked her ears immediately and opened her mouth, but of course, the man proceeded to niceties before she could get another word in edgewise. Very well. Nanook nodded and obliged, if only because she'd seen these things were important to pack life. "Nanook," she simply gave. So he was new. The woman brushed off the observation that the man appeared both tall and dark before she could even consider handsome, but she did wonder if Desna's opinion hadn't been completely unbiased in her approval of him.

Well, enough of that. Leaving that thought - at least, trying to - Nanook focused on her own reason for being here. "I would like to learn," she paused, and added, "to fight," if her readied stance or her question hadn't made that clear enough.
I'll do better
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Sorry for the wait. It's been a busy few weeks.

She gave her name and Howl nodded his head to her saying a quick, "Nice to meet you." before hearing her speak about her desire to learn to fight. He had indented to find Ezekiel or at least find out where he had gone, but a spar was a spar and if she was up for it, where was the harm in teaching her alittle bit.

"I'd be glad to spar with you if you would like. Or I could just show you some strategies. Whichever you prefer." she suggested, offering multiple teaching styles, knowing that others learned in different ways. "I have some time now if you would like." he added, ready to get started whenever she was. 
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
I feel you <3

With niceties over, they finally got down to business - the meat of things, and she nodded as his suggestions turned. "Now is good." She wouldn't have approached him if she hadn't had the time to learn. "We will spar. Root out my weaknesses, replace them with your strengths." Nanook could sit and listen about matters of the universe with patience and poise - the stars and the earth - but when she came to the learning of practical trades, she preferred to get in the quick of things, to run her paws along the ground and try.

She readied herself before him, and waited for his move.
I'll do better
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She seemed ready for business. Ready to practice her skills in a spar against Howl. Howl thought she might have been talking about the future, but found nothing wrong with a spar right off the bat. 

She readied herself for Howl's first move. He wasn't sure how this spar would go. He considered himself to be a good fighter and soldier, but he suspected that she had some fighting experience of her own. He didn't expect this too be easy, and suspected that she might be a good sparing partner.

He readied himself as well before lunging towards her neck and shoulder area.