Blacktail Deer Plateau Ok in more then one way
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
@Dawn ~ Morning time

It had been a few days since Dawn had her run in with that determined stick. Pema had done her best considering everything and she was hoping that it was healing rather well. If the scab was holding nicely she thought there would most likely be no scar left behind. But knowing Dawn and her tendence to refuse rest she wanted to check and see how she was doing.

She also wanted to check and see if there was anything elso going on with her. Something just seemed to be off and Pema couldn't pin point exactly what it was. When she had that encounter with the stick and even alittle bit during their last pack hunt, Pema felt as though there was something causing tension between the two that she couldn't determine. 

Checking up on her now with an excuse seemed to be the best way to figure it out. 
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
She blinked her gaze open at the approach of another, gaze falling on Pema as she drew near. She stretched out her forelimbs but did not move from her spot beside a bush, relatively sheltered from the wind but still beneath the warmth of the sun. She yawned, Pema still a way's off, and poked at her wound. The scab was holding fairly well, but cracked whenever she moved, and the whole area was warm and tender, signs of a mild infection. She'd done her best to keep it clean, but a wound the size of hers was hard to keep completely uninfected.

She smiled tiredly at Pema as she approached, still not entirely awake, tail shifting behind her in amiable greeting, pawing once at her face to clear the sleep from her eyes.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She found Dawn relaxing next to a bush, a pleasant surprise to the medics eyes. From first glance the scab seemed to be holding well a few cracks and some faint puss, but nothing immediate. Pema wagged her tail in greeting along with a nod before laying down infront of her, resting on her forlimbs. "How are you feeling? Are we healing up nicely?" she asked as though the scab were a being. 

She wondered if Dawn would bring up the infection or if she would choose to simply let it take its course. Hopfully it wouldn't get that much worse and Pema was confident that even if Dawn didn't bring it up now, if it got worse she could come for some help sooner rather then later.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
She snorted good-naturedly when Pema spoke, asking with a raised brow, "we?" Still, she poked the wound thoughtfully, glancing back to the healer. "it's alright. it's a pain in the ass, but it's healing." She realized as she said it that it was true both literally and metaphorically, and immediately winced at her accidental pun. Still, like a child who simply needs to know if we're there yet every five minutes, she couldn't help but ask after a brief pause, "how long do you think it'll take?" 
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She shrugged and gave a little chuckly to Dawn's unintentional pun. She didn't mention the puss, but again she didn't worry too much. Then Pema saw Dawn's usual eagerness to move around again. She had never treated a stab wound before Dawn's but she suspected, "I would guess at least two weeks with how deep it was and how it was never truely closed." she said, using the word guess for it's literal sense.

Now on to the real question she wanted to ask. "What about other things. Are things going well?" she said hinting at the issue, but not asking directly quite yet.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
She huffed, frowning at the stupid thing. Two weeks was an awfully long time, but thankfully it wouldn't take as long to heal as her cliff diving injuries had. Pema asked next how she was going besides the injury, what Dawn assumed to be idle small talk. She shrugged, but her expression was light. "Sunny's back - I saw him the other day. Has he asked you about his ankle yet?" He seemed to be able to work with it, but she still wondered if Pema could do anything to fix it. She hoped Sunny had taken her up on her request to see Pema about it, even though Dawn wasn't sure if there was anything the healer could do for him Still, she was hopeful.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Dawn brought something up that wasn't her injury bit it wasn't the thing Pema was hoping to heat. Or maybe it was good Dawn didn't say anything about it. It could mean that there was nothing wrong and that Pema was just misreading the past situations. 

When she asked about Sunny she had to shake her head. "No he hasn't. Why is it broken or something?" she asked not yet having run into Sunny or heard about his ankle until now. After hearing Dawn's respone Pema would be sure to keep and eye out for him and make a mental note for the furute.

But to be sure there wasn't anything else going on Pema would have to be more direct. "You sure there isn't anything else on your mind... I only ask because it seemed like their was some tention during the pack hunt and last week. Either between us or something?" she asked unsure of how to explain something she didn't yet know the answer to.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
She dipped her head, answering, "He fell on the rocks and twisted it. It seems to have healed, and he says he can work with it, but I was hoping he'd check with you about it anyways." Well, this was new. Her brother had always been protective of her, and she'd despised it with a passion. She'd never thought she'd do the same, but here she was, worried over him. She huffed, the sound almost amused, but Pema seemed to switch tracks abruptly. 

For a moment, confusion glinted in her gaze. She remembered the doubts that had been a constant itch the past week, fading already as she'd assured herself she was being merely stupid, and Pema's appointment did, in fact, make sense. The fact that the woman had picked up on her quiet doubts, especially during the hunt, when she hadn't even spoken to the healer directly, had her flabergastered. Pema had to be eerily observant, especially to notice the doubts she'd buried at the back of her mind in the heat of the hunt. "it's nothing, Pema. don't worry about it." 
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She listened to Dawn describe the incident that Sunny had been in and winced when she heard that he had fallen onto a rock. It was good that things had healed and that he was able to use it, but Pema could understand Dawn's sistery concern. "I'll asking him about it when I see him next. Or maybe see if I can get him to tell me instead." she said. Not wanting to make Dawn look like an over protective sister in Sunny's eyes unnessisarily.

Dawn shrugged off what Dawn was saying and for a bit she remained quiet about it "Ok.", thinking that it wasn't really any of her business. But Pema cared about Dawn and even though it might not be her business, the welling being of the members of this pack was her business as one of the leaders. Plus her and Dawn had spend alot of time together and she was considered family. "No" she said in an at first hesistant voice but then became more confident as she spoke. "You gave me this odd look and we havne't spoken all that much recently other then for pack and healing reasons." she said, explaining why she felt something might be off. "It's part of our job to make sure everyone is doing all right within the pack and that includes you. Plus I care." she stated. "If there's something going on, you can tell me." Pema said, hoping that Dawn would open up and confide within her.

It helped that now Pema was a leader. Otherwise she would have thought to just leave it be. That she had no place digging into the personal lives of the other members. But it was different now.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Pema promised to look into it, which gladdened her, and she dipped her muzzle appreciatively. She didn't see just how it could be fixed relatively quickly and painlessly and suspected that it would take pain and time if Pema were able to return it to normal. She blinked, pulling herself onto her haunches to better survey the girl as she seemed to accept her promise that it was nothing, glad to bury the doubts behind her, where surely they wouldn't resurface. 

But no, she was not done. Her initial, firm, 'no' had Dawn blink, but it was her continuing words that had a tendril of anger uncurl in her gut, slow and lazy. She went on to explain that she'd noticed an 'odd look', to which confusion crinkled her brow a moment. After Pema had finished her spiel, which existed somewhere on the border between touching and intrusive, Dawn was silent a moment. "I've been busy, Pema. It's the middle of winter, and we have pups." The statement was half-true; for she had been working to fill the caches; so often was she away from the place she shared with Aditya, it seemed almost as if she were neglecting him. If Pema's main concern was that they did not speak enough, her brief worry that Pema's eery observance had been enough to extract her doubts, vanished.

Half of her wanted to lash out, tell the healer that her promotion did not mean she could dig at her personal life. Still, the healer seemed sincere in her worry, and the girl knew a decision made in anger, more often than not, ended in shame (it was about time she figured that out) "there is nothing." She assured, and this time her voice was firmer than it had been the first time, though there was no anger in the words.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Dawn's words were firm and definate, but not necessarily angry. She spoke about being busy and others reason as so why she might have been acting weird. Pema had been busy too, but others handled stress and busyness differently she supposed. She now thought that all of Dawn's seemingly odd behavior was a result of stress and feeling overwhelmed. Pema wasn't going to ask anymore questions, and knowing that her injury was healing as well as it would be, she saw no reason to further inquire about her health.

But she did offer to help, in a very minor way. Afer Dawn's last statement and a few moments of silence Pema added. "Ok. If you ever need help lightening your load just let me know, and I'm sure others would be willing to help to." she said kindly before nodding towards her and heading off for the day. She wanted to offer her help in making this winter less stressful to Dawn if she would take it. "See ya." she said before exiting.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Pema's behaviour had the woman wary, her probing making Dawn unsettled. It was her last comment that burrowed beneath her skin like a sliver, had the girl blink as she evaluated the statement. Anger curled low in her stomach, at the thought that the woman thought her weak, unable to handle the winter. This time it was not quite so easy to hide, and the girl stared after Pema with a glare as she spun away and turned to leave, bitter taste left in the girl's mouth.