Moonspear Places and things I've loved
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
All Welcome 
"Hmmm..." Wraen said, while examining an interesting block of ice that had been brought down by a little avalanche few hours earlier. She had been there to hear it, to wait, until it finished and then the first to go out and see, what that dragon, that had been stirring in it's sleep within the mountain, had caused to fall from the highest parts of the Moonspear to the very bottom. 

Few rocks here and there - nothing special, unless you were a geology fanatic, snow - of course - and blocks of ice that had broken into several pieces upon the impact of the ground. Wraen would have left the place, had she not noticed one particular piece, which stood out. There caught in an icy grip was, what appeared to be a bird. A crow maybe or something similar - it was hard to tell, because the ice encasing it, forbade her a closer inspection.
69 Posts
Ooc —
Although he'd travelled across various terrain, life on Moonspear reminded him often that he was a wolf of the coast. His heart longed for the fine sands of the shore, the fresh scent of sea salt, the chill of the breeze that travelled across open water. He loved the mountain for the opportunity it gave him to start over, but a part of the young Roux-Abhen would always belong to the land that gave way to vast water.

He'd yet to follow through with his latest instruction from Hydra: to introduce himself to their Alpha pair. His decision to maintin his distance was not one made from fear, but respect; through the grapevine in the days following his acceptance, Talion had learned of the tremendous loss they'd suffered. The peppered Roux-Abhren didn't know the finer details, the how and the why, nor had he met the youngster who'd lost her life, but he felt the sorrow all the same.

Talion no longer felt he weight of his exhaustion, and his condition had begun to return swiftly. He'd been able to take far better care of himself now that he'd settled on Moonspear, and actively sought to fill the caches from which he'd fed and willingly took his part in patrolling. Talion had been following the tracks of a small rodent across the snow at the foot of the mountain when a distant rumble caught his attention and, having never heard such a sound before, abandoned his hunt for the mouse to investigate.

It took him a few hours to make his way to the opposite side of the mountain and, when he arrived at the scene, he focussed not on the heaps of snow, rock and ice that appeared to have fallen from higher ground, but the ashen she-wolf who eyeballed something among the debris. Swallowing his hesitation, Talion strode forward and made to announce his presence with a soft woof to accompany the friendly swish of his tail. "Hey," he offered gingerly, lavender-blue gaze eager to get a glimpse of what she'd found, "what've you got there?"
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen had been about to do something stupid that would render her tongue-less (nibble at the block of ice, get her tongue stuck and injured), but the fate intervened in a form of a young wolf and a newbie as well. She had not seen him before, but smiled at him and offered some friendly wags of her tail, when he had come close and inquired about the block of ice. 

"Well, I am not sure, but I might have just got he evidence that ice-spitting snow dragons actually exist," she told him with a straight face and a very serious expression to see, whether he would pick up the joke and play along. Or whether he was of the rational kind and simply did not understand sentances and word-plays with double meanings.
69 Posts
Ooc —
The young wolfess broke her concentration and turned to him, the smile on her face and the brightness of her vivid eyes causing his heart to skip an uncomfortable beat. She was a pretty thing, though Talion had recently begun to find almost all females attractive in some way or another. He beamed right back at her, though he tilted his raven ears back in acknowledgement of his lower rank and averted his gaze away from hers to fix his stare to the sudden, stern expression on her pallid muzzle.

Gulp.

She spoke to him then, and Talion instinctively held his breath as he focussed on the sound of her voice. Half expecting her to give him an earful for gawking at her the way he did, he allowed himself to breathe again - relieved - when the ashen yearling spoke of ice-spitting dragons and certain evidence she'd found. Talion blinked, unsure, and eyed her sheepishly before braving a step forward to peek at what she'd been looking at. 

"Oh, uh..." it seemed to be a dead bird with obsidian feathers, a raven or crow perhaps, and he continued to look upon it. "Okay?" Talion twitched his nose. He wondered if she was messing with him, or if she was genuinely sure that this frozen creature hinted at the possibility of dragons on Moonspear. Either way, he didn't want to insult her, and so awkwardly agreed.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen sensed the young male's uneasiness in her presence, therefore she shot him an inquisitve look, to understand, what the reason was. Unlike some wolves in the leader tier, she did not show her dominance to other subordinates. As long as they were polite and respected her personal space, as well as property, she had nothing against them.

"Don't worry, I don't bite," she told him and continued with a good-natured smile that was meant to encourage the fellow to ease up a little, "nor do I eat handsome yearlings and newcomers." Adding "unless they misbehave" would probably be too much and scare him again. 

"So, what do you think happened here?" Wraen returned to the earlier problem she had been trying to solve.
69 Posts
Ooc —
She encouraged him gently, and Talion was certain he could feel her eyes soften as she smiled at him with a warmth that still felt unfamiliar to him. Gingerly, he lifted his raven-topped crown to test her honesty by raising his periwinkle gaze. Hesitantly, the boy looked upon his ashen pack-mate's pallid muzzle then, fleetingly, dared to exchange a glance with her. Surprisingly, she did not clack her teeth at him in warning.

Even more surprisingly, she dubbed him "handsome".

Well, not directly, but he assumed she directed the comment at him, and he stared at the female with wide eyes. Bashful and unsure how he was meant to respond to this, Talion jerked his muzzle to the side and stared in a different direction. He was thankful for the alabaster fur of his cheeks then, for it masks the heat rushing to his features.

"Uh," the young Roux-Abrhen stammered, taking a clumsy stride backward as his tail began to lash anxiously at his pale hocks. "I don't know, I..." he inhaled a deep breath, before releasing it carefully through his mouth. Fucking breathe, Talion! "Sorry."
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
The young man seemed to become more confused and uneasy with every sentance Wraen said, therefore she gave him another long and inquisitve look to understand, what his or her problem was. After all, he did not look too daft and the question she had presented was neither quantum physics nor advanced mathematics. 

"Are you feeling well?" she asked, thinking that maybe birds frozen in a block of ice that had fallen from the sky was not everyone's cup of tea and that - perhaps - this newbie was too shy to be excused and seek a private place, where to relieve himself from the contents of his stomach or gut. Whichever end the remnants of the food were the closest.

"'Cause if you need to go - you don't have to ask my permission. We can examine this guy another day - he is not flying anywhere anyway."

They spent the next 45 minutes discussing and examining the frozen bird and fled, when another small avalanche burried the finding.