Raven's Watch broken bones
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet

It had been all about survival. Whatever needed to be done to make sure that she stayed alive, Blondine took care of it. When she awoke at the bottom of this mountain with no recollection of what had happened but enough evidence that it'd been something, she'd immediately jumped into action. 

The first thing she did was move to make sure that there were no hidden injuries that might prove to be more serious down the line. From what she could tell, all she'd been given was a sprained ankle, a couple bruised and broken ribs, and one hell of a concussion. The throbbing in her head was like nothing she'd ever felt before, but if she wanted to get back to Grantville anytime soon, she'd have to work through it.
Swathed in the finest wool
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There was an undeniable pull that urged her towards the mountains, towards the first home that she’d ever known. These urges were not given in to, however, knowing that nothing good would come from it; there was a chance that the cavern had other inhabitants at this point, and, if not for that, it would surely bring up old memories that she need not experience. It was hard enough already to keep from turning and heading back to the lands that her mother called home, she didn’t want to add onto that; joyous memories would make her seek the comfort that her mother could provide her with, which would make her departure and time spent away thus far meaningless. It was time for her to experience the world for herself, make new memories and friends, and find her place out there. These things, she knew, would never be hers if she returned to the Draconid Tribe.

Within the area overlooked by the watch was as close as she allowed herself to get to the mountains, often peering up at the various ridges and wondering how it would feel to climb them—which she refrained from actually doing, for no stop would be found should she ever start. However dull it was, the pull lingered, still, interrupted by nothing—until she spotted another of her kind.

Something about the wolf attracted her, luring her in simply by existing. There was something off about her, though Kaori couldn’t place what it was, having not been there to witness the steps leading up to her being at the foot of the mountain. “Are you alright?” she called out from a distance, now standing still. Her brows furrowed whilst she stared onward, an even mix of confused and concerned.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Blondine winced as she drew in a deep breath — there was certainly some internal injury, otherwise breathing wouldn't have been such a hassle — and tried to get a grasp of her surroundings. She had barely even turned her head fully when another voice rang out not far off. She was injured and as such, a bit less friendly than she might have been otherwise (not to say that either state was particularly pleasant). Instinct raised her hackles and stilled her tail as she watched the darker femme where she stood.

Mind telling me where I am? Blondine asked, figuring that the distance between them made the exchange a fair bit safer.
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Struck by a feeling of being unwelcome, she took a step back, though her eyes never left the female. Thankfully, the stranger did not rise but chose to stay where she resided instead; this, despite the raised hackles, allowed the yearling to relax ever so slightly. She was alert, still, her senses honed in on the other as she took in her appearance fully, as well as the pain she seemed to be in. It became easy to presume that she’d fallen, which Kaori decided must be the reason for her rather unfriendly demeanour; in the same position, the lamb may not have been exactly the same but, without a doubt, she would have been wary.

At the question, she answered with: “You are by the coast.” She used her muzzle to point out the direction of the sea before returning her gaze to the female. “Did you fall down the mountain?” she asked, voiced laced with concern. “Do you need help?” Kaori was a helpful soul, rarely one to cause trouble. When encountering someone in need, she couldn’t refrain from offering her assistance, no matter the issue.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Dead do not know why this took so long, my apologies!

Blondine shook her head fervently, which didn't do much but strengthen a migraine she'd developed. She sighed and tried to look up at the black splotch again, though the strain on her eyes wouldn't let her. Sure wish I could tell ya, she whispered with a light chuckle, but it seems I've lost myself. I'm Blondine Abernathy, come from Abernathy Hill. She wanted to add a, Not far from here, or, Just over that there mountain, but Blondine had always been told it was bad to tell lies, even on accident.
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
I am so late with this—sorry!

It seemed as if the girl was just as in the dark as Kaori—which she found unusual, given that whatever had happened had, obviously, happened to her. No matter, the lamb asked no further questions regarding the subject, focusing instead on the introduction and her need to inspect. “I am Kaori Draconid, from—” she had to stop herself there. Originally or recently, she knew not how to answer. “…from around.” It wasn’t a lie, not really, though it sure did feel like one.

With a shake of her head, the girl stole a few steps closer. “Does anything hurt?” she asked, deciding she could justify her slight-lie with a good deed. If she was injured, then perhaps Kaori would be able to help her out. Although she wasn’t nearly as skilled in the field as her mother, she did know a thing or two about medicine—enough to get by, anyways.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Blondine grunted and shook her head with a pained smile, I'm alright, just a bit sore. She gave herself a once-over to check for any injuries that had gone uncharted but, at least, externally, Blondine was fine. There could have very well been some internal missteps but she would know eventually. All that could be said in the moment was a silent prayer that she didn't croak from poisoning herself a few weeks down the line. 

I appreciate the help, Kaori. I've gotta get out of these mountains, though.