Blacktail Deer Plateau Safe with me
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
All Welcome 
@Pema maybe? Anyone is welcome though.

Gone was the moping boy who Aliac had met by the stream. Sunny was now fully back to his old self. He had gone to the very edge of the borders and patrolled a bit when he spotted a rabbit. It was the first one he'd seen in quite some time and without thinking he began to stalk it. He placed each footstep carefully into the snow and as he grew closer the wind shifted. Cursing as the rabbit scented him and took off, he followed racing through the thin layer of snow on the ground. 

He caught up as the rabbit slid and jumped on it, his left foreleg slipping and causing him to fall on the rabbit. The critter rolled over and kicked him in the face, it's hind claws raking down the side of his face in long bloody scratches. Despite this he held on and quickly bit down on the rabbits face,crunching through the skull with a pained snarl. Blood dripped from his face and he carried the rabbit back, calling for pema in the hopes she could tend to the wound.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
When she heard the howl she tilted her head to the side. The call was definatly for her, but she couldn't recognize who it was from. Sounding not too urgent she trotted over to where the call had came from where she way Sunny with a rabbit in his jaws. She had a little aha moment after realizing it was him. She had seen him before, like during the packs last spar tournament, but never had a chance to speak to him one on one. He was back in the territory and it seemed like this time he was here to stay. She wasn't sure what caused him to leave for that period of time, maybe it would be something she asked later.

But for now, "Hey Sunny. What's up?" she asked wondering why he was calling her. At first glance the blood around his muzzle and cheeks looked to be from the rabbit within his jaws, rather then his own.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Much to his relief he hadn't had to wait long or go in search of her or anyone else who knew how to use herbs and stuff. When she approached he gave a quick wag of his tail in greeting and dropped the rabbit,licking the blood and gore from his jaws.

he tilted his wounded cheek toward her,exposing the long three scratches down his cheek "This one had some fight in her, plus I...I'm kinda clumsy" he said sheepishly. "She nailed me with her hind claws" he explained.

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
When he got the chance to clean his muzzle the tilt his cheek towards her, it became apparent that not all of the blood was from his prey. Some scratches on his cheek was to blame, from the hind legs of that there rabbit. They didn't look too deep or that bad, but they were bleeding and Pema could understand wanting it looked at just to make sure. "Oh. Let me look." she said taking a few steps towards him and giving it another closer look to make sure her diagnostic was accurate. 

"It doesn't look like they got too deep, but I can still stop that bleeding for you if you would like." she offered. "Do you want to come along with me while I grab what I need? We can drop off the rabbit at the cache too if that's it's final destination." she asked. She didn't want him to have to wait on her to come back with herbs. Sometimes it was necassary with more injured patients but he was very capable of walking with her.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny smiled at Pema after she checked his scratches and nodded his head. "I was more worried about infection, rabbits have dirty claws. I'll come along with you but I think...I'll offer Sorrel Marie the catch first." He said thoughtfully. He was curious about Sorrel's Condition and he didn't mean to be nosy but he asked anyway "is she gonna be alright? She doesn't....look too good." He asked.

"Is there anything I can do for her to help her get better?" He asked hopefully, wanting to help. He didn't quite understand why he was so concerned about Sorrel, he brushed it off as general concern for a pack mate but he remembered the almost timid way she had about her and felt protective again.

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She nodded along, now seeing that Sunny was thinking about the long term effects of possible infection rather then the scrapes themselves. "Oh I see." she responding, rethinking what herbs she would need to get with the new goal of preventing infection.

But instead of the cache, Sunny wanted to give it to Sorrel, one of the newer member of the pack and Kieran's long lost sister. Pema had only really spent time with her when she first joined the pack, and even then the realization of Keiran and Sorrel relation took over most of the conversation. But as far as Pema knew she was still doing alright. "Do you mean with her ankle and frostbite. I think she will be alright." she tried to assure him. If Sorrel had any other injuries she was un aware of them and it would be news to her. 

There wasn't much else to do for her in that aspect. Rest was going to be to be the best medicine for her now, after Pema treated prior - assuming Sorrel let her know about her injuries. "I think it's all up to her now to rest and recover." 

P.S. Anyone reading this at a later date. The thread where Pema learns of Sorrel's injuries is and this thread were being written similtaniously. Sorry for vaugeness. I'm not sure what Pema should know at this moment.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny had to trust Pema, after all he knew nothing about medicine and she did so if she thought Sorrel Marie was gonna be okay then that was good news to him. As they walked he fell silent for a bit his tail swaying behind him a bit before he thought to ask a second question "hey um...would you know how to straighten this out?" He asked lifting his twisted right forepaw off the ground. He didn't look too hopeful but it didn't hurt to ask. He was doing alright with it how it was anyway so it wasn't really important.

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Pema was leading Sunny to catfish pond, the one water like habit in the territory. I was where they could find burdock root. A rather horrible tasting root and when turned into paste could be applied to treat and prevent infection. She had used this prior when Day had a rather nasty infection on his muzzle. 

But on there way there she stopped to take a look at Sunny's forepaw that appears twisted now that Pema looked at it. She would have never noticed it unless she was looking for it, or if he hadn't mentioned it like he had. "Well... How long ago did it happen?" she asked. It might be able to be fixed, but if it had happened a long time ago chances were that the body had healed that way and to fix it, it would need to be broke again. Would it be worth it? "Does it hurt at all or cause you trouble?" she could understand wanting it to appear straight, but that might not be worth the risk. But if it was causing trouble it might be worth it.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Now that they were both paused sunny took a moment to sit down. Pema looked surprised by his paw and he couldn't blame her, nobody really noticed unless he showed them or mentioned it. "A few months ago about." He replied trying to figure out the time frame in the most accurate way.

At her next question he shrugged "Not too badly. I think it's healing. Occasionally it'll get sore, or if I step on it the wrong way it'll hurt and give out. But I've been able to hunt and do that sparring stuff" he said honestly.

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
That wasn't a good thing to hear. Broken bones and fractures usually healed within 6 to 8 weeks. If it had been a few months, Pema assumed 2 to 3, it was likely healed. He spoke about it healing, but most likely it was healed, just healed wrong. "Well it's not healing anymore. It had stopped healing." she explained as she continued to look at it and consider their options. 

If he was having occasional pain from the injury the bone was either out of place or alignment. And the only way to fix that would be to... break it again. Which would be alot more painful and possibly uncessasary if he could function normally. "I could fix it." she said hesitantly. "But to do that we would need to... break it again." she explained, sorry that it was the only option. 

"Your leg has already healed and the reason why its causing you ocassional pain it most likley because it is out of place. But, its not so out of place that you can't function. To break it again would be alot of pain and another couple on months of healing." she said explaining all the steps that would need to take place and the time and effort that would go into it. 

But this was the part she wanted to emphasize. "It's ultimatly up to you, because whatever you choose I will follow thread on. But know that its something that doesn't need to be done and it may not be worth all the added pain." she looked at him wondering what his thoughts were on it.  "You don't need to make the decision today either, its kind of a big one."
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny listened closely to what Pema was saying and frowned at the knowledge that it had healed, but wrong. He knew the paw had been badly injured when it happened, he probably should have tried to find someone to help fix it but all he had focused on was getting home.

When Pema suggested breaking it again he immediately decided against it, knowing it would put him out of commission for months of time. Besides, he haf already hunted a deer and taken doen this rabbit, plus in the spar competition he hadn't done too terribly either. He was useful and it wasn't so painful as to cause him enough grief to want to go through hell to fix it.

Vain wolves would have cringed at the sight of their paw so twisted, but sunny thought it looked kinda cool in a way. So when Pema said he didn't have to make a decision he simply smiled slightly and shook his head "It won't be necessary, thank you though. At first I thought that I would be useless and it looked ugly but honestly, I've hunted twice and I almost kicked dad's ass in the spar competition. I think I'll be fine working with it how it is." He said in a positive way. 

"Oh um...about sorrel's ankle. I'm trying to figure out a way to help her swelling. I tried to bring her down to the stream to dip it in the water, but she's..scared of it or something" he said thoughtfully his tail wagging slowly. "If I figure something out and it works, I'll let you know for future use" he said with a smile.

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She was happy to hear that she wouldn't need to break sunny ankle. It was something she had never done before and she wasn't sure how good she would be at it. Just thinking about how bad it would be to mess that up made her cringe. 

She giggled a bit when he spoke about 'kicking Day's ass'. It was all out of love, but it was still funny to hear. But over all it seemed as though his feet would be all right. Maybe alittle pain here and there, but he was able to function pretty well.

She began walking again towards where she could find something for his infected muzzle. As they walked he brought up Sorrel again. His idea to soak her wound was a good idea, but didn't seem to boad well with Sorrel for some reason. "Well that was a good idea. But if she doesn't want to do that... She can take some neetle leaves or poppy seeds." she said, thinking of a few things off the top of her head.

But for Sunny, what could she grab that would still be around in winter. Beneath the snow and ground burdock and maybe chervile roots would work well, she thought. 
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny flicked his ears and smiled a bit, happy that she thought his idea was good. He waited around while she tried to find something to put on his face but in the meantime he thought about various things. Like what he wanted to focus on to be good at as an adult. He had many interests like hunting,fighting,helping people with their troubles though he wasn't much good at that, and he even liked the idea of healing despite not knowing much except using coldness to help swelling and pain and cobwebs for stopping blood which Krypton had taught him.

Maybe Pema could give him lessons on basics, but as he thought about it he knew that his main interests lay in the more physical side of helping the pack. "Hey Pema...do you know anything about fighting? I was pretty good in the spar I think...at least for someone who never fought at all besides a single play spar when I was smaller..." He asked curiously. He wanted to ask some of the adults to help him learn better so that he could be a good fighter someday and give Morningside an actual trained protector.

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She ended up finding what she was looking for, as she spotted some green shrivled leaves dreading the cold. But underneath them, would be a well warmed and protected bundle of roots. She began digging and pulled up a few of these roots, and proceeded to walk over to Sunny and set them down between them. 

She had used these before with Grayday and remembered their unpleasant taste. Luckily they wouldn't need to eat it, but they would need to taste it, so they could chew it down into a paste. "Here." she said giving half to Sunny and what was left remaining to herself. "If we chew these up, they would become a consistence where we can apply it to those scratched. But I warn you they don't taste the best." she said, giving a friendly warning.

Before she could start on her pile he began to ask her about her fighting experience. "I'm afraid I don't have much. Other then a few failed sparing practices I'm in the dark." she informed him. "I think you did an alright job." she said complimenting him. "We could use more fighter, that's for sure." she said before grinding the roots with her back teeth and spitting them out in a on the snow near by.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He watched her dig up the roots and carry them over, eyeing them curiously. She gave him the instructions to chew them up, explaining that they'd be spread on his scratches. Nodding he licked them up and chewed them with his back teeth, spitting the paste out as pema had done before him. Finally she answered his question about fighting. Disappointed with the answer he gave a slow nod but smiled again when she said he'd done alright. Alright was better than crappy. "I'm going to be a fighter as well as a hunter. That way I can be like my dad and also keep everyone safe" he said proudly.

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Luckily Sunny didn't seem too bothered by the taste. They ended up with a rather unpleasant looking pile of paste. She smiled when he mentioned being a fighter. It would really help them out in the long run. "I think that is a great idea." she said complimenting him. 

"If you take a bit of this and put it on those scratches it shouldn't get infected and it will help it heal." she explained. 
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He couldn't help the surge of satisfaction that rose up when she said his plan to become a warrior was a good one. Unfortunately every fight he'd had so far hadn't ended in his favor, but he'd work harder until he learned to fight better. 

At Pema's instructions he lay down and coated the soft tips of his toes in the paste, carefully turning his face and dabbing the paste across the wound. He winced slightly but repeated the process until he figured the scratches were coated sufficiently. "Let it dry and then wash it off?" He asked wanting to make sure he didn't mess up somehow.

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She wasn't sure if it really mattered how long it stayed on, and thought that the longer it did the better it would work. "Or how ever long you feel. The longer it's on there the better." she said. Keeping it on there would elongate the amount of time it would protect against any possible infection, but she could understand why you wouldn't want that on your face for too long. Especially with the smell and possibility that it might trail down towards ones mouth.

"Is there anything else I can help you with?" she asked, knowing that he wanted to go help Sorrel and deliver her his catch.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
It stopped stinging after a few moments but it did stink. Not in a nasty skunk or rotting carcass type of way but in a herbal, plant, weird way. He supposed he'd get used to it after a while so he made no complaints. "Alright. I'll leave it for a few days I guess. It can't be too bad." He said pushing himself off the ground again.

As Pema asked if there was anything he needed he shook his head "No thank you, I appreciate you doing this for me" he said with a smile. "I'll go take the rabbit to Sorrel now" he said and dipped his head good-bye before leaving for the den area.