Moonspear the day's divinity
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
All Welcome 
It was no lie to say she had been distracted. Pulled asunder, by grief and wrath, and pushed back together by instinct and nature, she had been left feeling drained and weary soon enough. The loss of a promising daughter wouldn't be a sorrow that would fade fast. Even beneath the heavy weight of it, though, she knew the healing needed her to keep going--better, somehow, and always onward.

So she was piecing back together, and here on the first day of the year, she was granted a lucky find on her way: a sizable doe, a little lame, and milling around their forest's edge alone. She wasted no time trailing her, and whenever cover was blown, harassing her deeper into the fray of their territory. More and more, she was encouraged, and just hungry enough to keep bothering her to wear her down as consistently, Amekaze followed the doe on and on. Panic had already begun to take hold, the mountain was freshly snow-covered, and the alpha had every intention to use this to her advantage here as she pursued--sometimes close, and sometimes from a distance.

Dusk was starting to set in and she'd corralled the deer to a sloping swatch of mountain, and in her attempts to flee, she had surged through a snowdrift and was struggling to cross. Amekaze was content to swing wide, but from the top of the hill she paused to watch until she tipped back her nose and howled for any of her packmates nearby to come join her. They could ring in the long cold night of the new year with full bellies.
happy new year msp! come hunt?
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
A howl rose in the early hours of the evening, crisp and close. It pulled him from his thoughts, scattering them in the icy wind to some far off place. He recognized the tone of the she-wolf's call, ears pushing forward as he rose to his feet and huffed idly; a shake of his coat later and he was off to suss her out and see what had been found.

Long strides carried him through countless snowdrifts, the latter of which soon became pockmarked by doe and wolf trails. His nose trailed through them as he fell in line with the already forged path, his steps quick and precise. He moved like an oiled machine, primed and ready the moment he spied out a dark silhouette against the slow fade of twilight's last hues. He chuffed a quiet greeting, decisively sliding up alongside of the Moonspear matriarch with a gentle wave of his tail from hock height.

He had only encountered her once and recently—no doubt the sting of loss remained—and it became doubly so he would not pass up this opportunity. Past a cursory glance to her features, he took study of the lame deer and it's tiring struggle against the incline. His tongue snaked out to wet his lips, agreeing with the good fortune that had been thrust their way. For every inclination he had to go ahead, he knew better and waited, as the ire she had displayed days ago was not forgotten.

yasss gimme trade threads >_>
69 Posts
Ooc —
Just as he'd been preparing to settle for the evening, a summons from close by made his pause in his tracks. He held his breath, canting a raven lobe in the direction that the howl had sounded from, and rumbled approvingly to himself as he recognised her request. It was a call for support, a rallying of nearby wolves to accompany her in a hunt. Excitement bubbled within the boy's belly as he tore across the snow with renewed energy and without hesitation. In the months since being booted from Astarte Strand, he'd mostly lived off of leftovers and rodents and in the weeks before joining Moonspear, nothing at all. It was an opportunity to not only make himself useful, but to learn.

Movement up ahead caused the sterling yearling to slow his pace, and he found himself trailing several yards behind a tawny male. Talion followed his pack-mate's prints as he loped along an already worn trail through the drifts, tongue lolling over his lower jaw in eager anticipation as he jogged to keep up.

His frosty gaze lingered on the swarthy frame of the wolfess who'd initiated the hunt as he arrived on the scene, and Talion dipped his head and pressed his ears back at once. He breathed a whine, soft and barely inaudible, acknowledging his low position in the hierarchy as he stepped gingerly alongside the duo with a low, wagging tail and settled quietly to await instruction.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra came across the group shortly after the howl sounded. She was mute as she plod over the snow-laden ground, even in her gait. Her own body moved close to Dirge so she could intentionally move against him as she sidled alongside her mother, positioning herself just behind her shoulder. She saw what her mother did—their struggling prey—and her tail waved behind her. It was depleting its own surplus of energy, which was an added bonus. 

But she waited for her mothers' command. Hydra often was the best at giving chase, but she was equally known for bringing things down with growing finesse. Her ears cupped backward, before one rotated forward again; she could hear the breaths of anticipation, smell it even. Fear, too, was a scent the wind carried; her heart thrummed in her chest, eager to begin.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Her call tapered off and for a little while, she was left alone with the doe who was still doing all she could to put more distance between her and the wolf. Amekaze trailed an edge to help keep her in sight, but that was all the further she went for now. Already, from hassling the deer for so long already, she felt the beginnings of fatigue wanting to creep into her muscles.

She'd be particularly pleased if all of her prior work would pay off and they could keep this quick.

It didn't take long for others to answer, and she swayed a lifted tail when Dirge arrived to her side trailed secondly by a very new arrival to them, Talion. She nodded towards them each a silent greeting. While both were untested before her eyes, she was already hopeful with these prospects so far, and inwardly pleased that they had come. The addition of a dark daughter was only more in their favor and with that, it grew more difficult to be patient as she cast a long glance at the doe's direction, her mouth watering and paws itching.

With three fresh wolves now poised to join in on the chase, and her ready to push it forward to the next step, she turned to them with a growing smirk. "I followed her a while, bothering her. It should not need very much.." she spoke lowly, hushed, to help bring them up to speed with where she stood. Watching the deer, it would be obvious, and she had been lame before Ame had started in on her. "We can pair off, come at her twice to start, I think.." she suggested with a long pause, letting them disagree or add to her proposal with specifics. She did want to get moving, so she wasn't looking to over-achieve on the planning.. so long as it worked.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Brief silence descended between them before the footfalls of another reached his ears. Dirge turned his head only slightly to catch the glimpse of a dark face and sterling body; his focus remained solely on the feeble doe. This was only disrupted when another arrived—Hydra's brush against him did distract him. The interaction was brief as he puffed a hot breath against her passing ear, a gentle sidestepping to follow and give her room. Of them all, she deserved to stand there.

Following the rounding of their numbers, Amekaze made short work of her plan. He could not avoid mirroring her smirk; he would have done the same. Wearing down prey was half the fun, especially the larger it was. Her voice trailed into the hushed surroundings and he chimed in with a confident rejoinder: "Even a lame doe can give a swift kick if she has nothing to lose. In pairs we could overwhelm her from differing directions. Confuse her, take our pound of flesh and then some when she's not looking. She'll come down easily." A one-two punch over and over and down the mountain she'd go, right into their waiting bellies.

He could almost taste the tender flesh through the anticipation.
69 Posts
Ooc —
The dark Alphess greeted each of the males in turn with a silent dip of her muzzle, and Talion pricked a raven ear as he heard the shuffling of their intended prey somewhere beneath them. Curious, he tip-toed closer to the edge to peer over and catch a glimpse of the doe as she struggled through the drifts, most of her energy already spent. Drawing back, the peppered yearling felt somewhat sorry for the creature. She'd likely been abandoned by her herd following her injury to avoid her slowing them down and, as such, was a prime target for hungry wolves.

Still, the guilt was not enough to put him off, and the young Roux-Abrhen turned his bright periwinkle eyes to his pack-mates again, just as the familiar form of Hydra slunk onto the scene. He observed with curiosity as she brushed alongside the tawny brute in a manner that seemed almost possessive to him, but he was quick to cast his gaze aside to keep himself from staring. The raven beauty who'd welcomed him into the ranks was wildly attractive (like most of the opposite sex, he'd come to realise during his time in the Teekon), and he swallowed the surprising, budding envy that roused within him.

Focus, he reminded himself, and returned his attention to their leader. She devised a quick plan, a clever one, and Talion nodded in silent agreement. He would do as he was told, he'd already decided, without question, and so listened with intent to the other male's caution. His tail continued to twitch between his alabaster hocks, a channel for his eager anticipation of the chase to prevent him from fidgeting in place.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her mother was wise. Dirge, too, who agreed wholeheartedly with her plan. She peered at the mute Talion, smirking to him when he too seemed game, before she looked back to their quarry. Her muscles twitched beneath her hide; Hydra gamely waited the command. Though she and her mother worked well together, she knew she could work just as well with either of the men there. Though there was a distinct desire to work with Dirge, she felt equally compelled to see what the soot-hued male had to offer. They were both hunters, this she was acutely aware of—she did not doubt any of their capabilities and was eager to see it all at play. Her tail lashed predatorily between her hocks, her eyes seemingly solely for their quarry while an ear remained upon her mother. Her peripheral attention remained upon the alpha female—she needed only one thing from her to begin.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
As the big game hunt was never her primary forte, she was more than ready to shed some of the lead here to two others who were more than capable. One already wore the officiated title, the other well on his way--she realized keenly. When her baseline of a plan met no resistance, and Dirge contributed his piece to flesh it out, she nodded sternly with no objections. His addition was sound and she was eager to see this pan out.

She weighed her options without another sound and kept it quick to decide how to divvy them. Either way, and she had something to gain, and something to see--then hopefully with a meal afterward too. There was no doubt how Hydra could handle herself, not only with mountain underfoot but towards the hunt. Plus she liked the looks of Talion so far, fresh-faced and mindful, so together they could take one angle. Hopefully her experience with the landscape would help his relative lack of. She nodded to them both, lingering a longer glance to her daughter, then began to turn her body towards the slope where the deer had trudged through. "Dirge. Pick your direction," she quipped with an eager tail-wave, and made it clear she would take his heading on this next step. Hydra and Talion were left to settle into their own approach, and Amekaze was ready to move.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Amekaze's voice reached his ears and he was off almost in a leisure trot through the snow. He sank towards the lower incline of the path the doe had taken, intent on steering her further up along the incline. The deeper snow pack would only aid them more and it was his idea to make things go smoothly as possible. Knowing that Amekaze was not far out of reach and the others having soon dispersed, his eyes scanned through his peripheral for the opportunity he sought.

When it opened up and their collective distance narrowed to the doe, he launched his first volley for the flank of the doe. With the snow a minor damper, he rose along the incline to nip at her flank to drive her upward with a distressed bleat as she twisted to get away from gnashing fangs. If that didn't spur her to try a little harder then nothing would.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
I PP AND I WRAP, ENJOY THANK YOU <333
The motions were underway and she slid into her role, taking stride and settling in where necessary. Dirge had his lead, and she was eager to see how he could run with it. She was an eager follower for the moment and a hungry hunter too. This would hopefully help sway them towards success.

Others well into place, they descended. Teeth snapped and the air thickened with the prey's fear. Soon, sickeningly soon in the grand scheme, they could have what they came for. They rallied, and together, worked and wore their quarry into the waiting defeat.