Mount Apikuni The Fire Burns Bright
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Nevouku had seen this mountain before. It was at the back of his mind, till he got close to it. Then it came to the front of his mind, and he recalled what had happened here, when he first got here. It made him smile a bit, memories he could be fond of. He tried looking for the place he had been found, but he couldn't seem to find that.

Then it began to pour down, and with the winter winds it grew cold. He sought cover, curling up under rocks along the bottom of the mountain. But he did not go to sleep, keeping his eyes ever watchful.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana had decided to explore the surrounding territories to see what kind of prey was in the area. She hoped Grayday wouldn't mind her short excursion, especially since it was for the better of the pack. She would do her best not to be gone too long. Hopefully, no one would even notice her absence. 

She headed up over the mountain range, not finding much of anything. Some sheep here and there, but they could find those within Morningside. No need to come this far for them. So, Aviana kept on a little longer. The rain began to come down, weighing down her coat. Thankfully, her fur was thick, and most of the water rolled right off her pelt. Still, it was cold, and being wet wasn't what she wanted. Her eyes searched for a spot to lay low, not realizing there was a wolf nearby. 

[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku didn't hear them, but he did see them. When they got real close, only a silhouette of the wolf. He tried to back up by pushing his legs out, only to find he was as far back as he could go. He wanted to shout at them to get back, but was afraid of revealing himself. Nevouku could not help but let out a small whine upon seeing them out in the rain, not seeing who they really were.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana's eyes glanced around, trying to find a spot she might seek shelter in from the rain. Finally, she spotted what looked to be like a small cave. She took a few steps forward when her sharp ears caught the whine. She froze in place, waiting for her eyes to adjust. She squinted as she tried to see who was in there.

He was dark, but she could see his pale-yellow eyes. Her head lowered as she retreated a few steps. Normally, she would simply move one and let him be, but the whine concerned her. Are you okay? she asked. She didn't want to intrude on an injured wolf, and have him strike out at her in fear. She was far enough away that she had to raise her voice- something never done in the presence of a male- so that he could hear her.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku tried to sit upright to get further away, bumping his head and uttering a pained whine. Something about her voice he recognized, however, and Nevouku was one to have a good memory. From where, he didn't know. But the sense of familiarity was something that somewhat coaxed him, for he knew it was definitely a wolf from Teekon, and not after. That he was sure of remembering. There was something about her eyes as well, that was strikingly similar to someone he once knew.

Cautiously, he looked to her, knowing she was female after hearing her voice then gestured with his head for her to get under cover. She was no doubt rather wet from the rain. But still, he remained in his little corner, his eyes remaining on her.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She flinched as he hit his head, empathizing with his pain. He seemed as wary as she was, and Aviana could understand that. When he didn't speak, she thought about just leaving and finding another spot to take shelter. But, she caught his motion for her to come forward.

She hesitated, cautious of him. But, she took a few steps forward anyways, slowly so as not to startle him. Feeling as he did, Aviana understood what to do to not make it worse. She came into the shelter just enough to keep the rain off of her head and shoulders, but maintained as much distance as she could from him. It took a few moments for her eyes to adjust to the darkness, and she got a good look at him when they did. 

He seemed familiar to her, which was odd for Aviana to come across a male she knew. But, she didn't know from where. Do I know you? she asked. If she knew him from around here, she figured the only time they would have met was in Seb's pack. She took in his features, and decided that must be it. She simply would not have met him anywhere else. Were you from Broken Antler Fen? she asked.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku kept her eyes on the female, and now that he got a good look, he felt more so that she was familiar, and that he had definitely seen her from somewhere around her. Somewhere in Teekon...he was sure of it. And perhaps he was right, when she sent a question his way. 

"I...m-may have been" he answered hesitantly. He still couldn't quite place it, but he had to be absolutely sure that he knew her before answering such questions. "D-Do I know y-you?" he asked nervously, but also shaking from the cold outside.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The male seemed hesitant to answer affirmatively, but Aviana was sure she already knew the answer. When he asked if he knew her, Aviana replied, I think so. I'm Aviana, Sebastian's sister. She hoped that maybe by giving her brother's name, he might come to remember her. Then again, she was prone to running from males at that time, so it was likely that, while they may have seen each other at a distance, they had never interacted.

She could tell he was shivering, and Aviana wrestled with how to help him. This little cave was damp and cold, and would provide just enough shelter to not get soaked from the rain. But, it would not offer any warmth. If we... if we were closer, we could keep each other warm, she offered, her voice cracking a little. Never before had she put herself in such an intimate situation with a male, but it was obvious he was in need. And she supposed that if he was out to hurt her, he would have tried to already.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku's tail started wagging when he heard that name. He almost jumped up, if not for the low ceiling above that he bumped his head again. "A-Aviana! I'm-" he stopped for a moment. He had dropped that name some time ago. "I...used to be known as Aduin...Sebastian's s-step brother." He wondered, if she were still here, would Broken Antler still be around.

"I, uh...well...I guess it would help" he said, looking away with a slightly flushed face at the thought. He shuffled a bit, but stopped as he couldn't move himself anymore. "Broken Antler, is it still around?" he asked.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She smiled softly, glad that he remembered her. Then her eyes grew wide as he mentioned his name. Aduin! Seb told me about you when I first joined the pack. It's nice to finally put a face to the name, she replied. It was such good luck that they had run into each, especially so far from their former pack lands.

A bit reluctantly, he seemed to accept her offer. Slowly, she moved forward, giving him the opportunity to back out of his answer, if he so wished. She turned in the spot next to him so that they were facing the same way, and then laid down beside him. It felt good to finally get completely out of the rain. She tried not to think about how close she was to him, but she did reminder herself that this was someone Seb trusted. That was enough for her to stay put.

She frowned and shook her head when he asked about the pack. No, they've disbanded. Seb went back to Redhawk Caldera, she informed him. I'm supposed to go visit soon, she added. There's a war brewing between that pack and another, so Seb didn't want me to stay. But, I promised I would let him know where I was. Would Adiun go back to Seb, she wondered?

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku was glad to hear Seb's name, he missed him dearly. Even though it had been his choice to leave with his mate, after everything that had happened he wondered how it all would have gone down if he had not left to go on an adventure. 

She mpved toward him, and now that they both seemed more comfortable with each other, he put, his head down, moving just a little more to keep himself and her warm. 

But he felt his own heart skip a beat when he heard that. "Broken Antler...it's gone?" That was the only place he knew he would feel safe. He couldn't quite clearly recall Redhawk, partly because that name went over his head. Broken Antler was his last chance, he thought. He just sat there, frozen and staring out. "It's....gone."
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She heard the despair in his voice and wished she could take it away. But, she couldn't make a pack form when the members were MIA. Yes, I'm sorry, she said softly. Seb said most of the members disappeared, including his mate. So, he rejoined Redhawk, she explained. He does plan, at the moment at least, to start another pack. But, because of the war, he doesn't want to leave them. I'm not sure what his feelings will be once it is over, or even when that will be.

Aviana had never experienced a pack war before, and since she wasn't in the middle of it, had no idea if there were negotiations taking place, or how long it would be before anything was settled. And if it escalated to all out fighting, she worried her brother would not be alive by the end of. This, however, she didn't voice, fearing it would upset Aduin even further.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku didn't want to believe it. He still wanted to at least make it there, just to see it all one last time. It was the last place he felt safe. News of this war, however caused him to panic. What had he come back to? Was Teekon still as safe as it once was. 

His breath quickened, and he tried to slow it down with deep and slow breaths inbetween. "What...what do you mean? What war?"
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aduin seemed surprised by the war, but Aviana expected that. She had been caught off-guard, too. There is a war between the Caldera and another pack. That's why Sebastian didn't want to leave right now. He feels loyalty to them, she explained. He didn't know why it was started, or what would happen, though, she admitted. 

She was scared for her brother, but she tried to focus more on her hope than on her worries. Sebastian could take care of himself, and she had to believe that he would come out okay on the other side of this war. I hope they can end it before it really starts, she murmured.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku was afraid of hearing this. He feared for his step-brother's life. He still considered him a brother, despite how his sister and Seb had never really been mates for long. He hoped to find him before, just in case it would be his last chance. "Redhawk..." he put that name into his mind, and it also sounded like something he had heard before. 

He turned his head outside, watching the downpour. "I-I'm going to sl-sl-sleep" he stuttered, setting his head down. All of this information was too much to handle for the nervously unstable wolf. But before he did, he had another question. "Wh-where are you headed after h-here?"
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He repeated the name, and Aviana nodded in confirmation. He turned his head towards the entrance of their tiny cave, and said he was going to go to sleep. Aviana should probably try, too. Alright, she responded softly. She thought that would be the last of their conversation, and so she she laid her head down on her front legs. 

His question had her bringing it up to look at him once more. Back to Morningside, she said. They're the pack I'm with right now. She didn't know for how long, but for now, she was loyal to them. Where will you go? she asked, curious of his own plans.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku didn't know for sure, not at all. Perhaps to Broken Antler. He set his head down, unsure of how to answer and just stared sadly out into the rain. Before he knew it, his eyes were closed before he could make an answer. He had been running for so long, he rarely got sleep. 

[ooc] wanna fade here?[ooc]
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Sure

He didn't answer her, but Aviana didn't take it personally. She could tell he was lost in his thoughts, possibly trying to figure out just where he was going to go next. She didn't ask him again, and instead laid her head back down to rest. The rain would hopefully pass soon enough, and once it did, Aviana would be heading back to Morningside.