Redhawk Caldera ...and then everything goes screaming off the rails and it's our asses.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Although Colt merely nipped at her, the slight impact of his muzzle was somehow enough to buckle her leg. Towhee fell into an awkward bow, then allowed gravity to drag her fully to the ground. Instead of springing right back to her feet as she knew she should, she simply lay there a moment, catching her breath and trying not to feel the weight of the world bearing down on her. She closed her eyes as she breathed, only to reopen them when all she saw were images of Phox's face burnt on the backside of her eyelids.

Eventually, she rolled and pushed herself into a seated position. "I'm tapping out," she announced, not even looking at either of her uncles. Her orange eyes swept over the girls—who stopped jabbering and peered at her, perhaps in confusion—and then finally sought Elwood's gaze in particular. There was a look of strained apology on her face. "Sorry. Thanks for..." Helping? Trying to help? She shrugged listlessly and looked down as she trudged away from the scene and slumped wearily to the ground, X eventually alighting on her still shoulder blade.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Colt didn't hit Towhee hard, at least he did not believe he had, but she still went down and seemed done after that.  Sensing the mood, he backed off, shooting a look at Elwood once she was gone.  What was that about?

"Why don't you two show us some of the moves you saw there," he asked the pups, hoping to diffuse.  If Elwood wanted to go after Towhee then, he could.  But if not, they could maybe spend a bit of time helping his kids up their skills before moving on to other pursuits.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Seemed like a good place to fade!

He didn't have a chance to rejoin the spar; after Colt managed to take down Towhee -- however accidentally -- she called it off abruptly. "Are you okay?" Elwood asked as Towhee righted herself and apologized. He didn't expect an answer (and didn't get one), but watched as she removed herself from the proximity of the other wolves, a small frown settling itself on his face.

Colt suggested that Fiadh and Clover demonstrate some of the maneuvers they had picked up from watching, and the girls eagerly obliged. He watched with a smirk and a critical gaze as his girls ducked, feinted, and nipped at each other for a few solid minutes -- until their interest wore off and their short attention spans got the best of them. When they scampered off, Elwood bid a fond farewell to Colt and then departed in his daughters' wake.