Stone Circle drift
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
Joining 

When the land did open up from the forest, he found it wet and hardly inviting. It was natural then that the wolf veer to the west and find his bearings over again; yet this too brought surprises his way. The fog had not vanished entirely but it had thinned during his hours of toil, and as Larus followed the undulation of the hillside her came across something more valuable than any meal he could've discovered: the scent of pack was near, and he was elated.
It could be said that Larus Sveijarn was a failure when it came to being a pack wolf - surely his fate had led him in the opposite direction from such a lifestyle, try as he might. But winter was in full swing and even he, being bulky and laden with extra fat, had thinned considerably. Had he known his father well, he might've found his own rugged features matched those of a young Njal.
He was willing to take the chance. So, while his entire being told him to leave, he fought against that natural inclination to take flight and began to loiter along the western edge of (what he perceived to be) the territory limit.

Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Sorry for rather crap phone post!

The return of one son, his mate, and the news that his other was okay had lifted his spirits greatly. Though still, no sign of his only daughter, fiesty Rowana. He would not stop searching, though, and he was certain Illecebra would not either.

The wolfdog was once more prowling the borders, remarking, burying any caches that had been dug up, and keeping an eye out for any strangers. He was curious when the scent of a stranger reached his nostrils, and the man wasted no time making his way there.

"Hello," He greeted from afar, closing the distance between he and the other. "What brings you to our borders?"
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger

It was not long before he was caught; the stranger who came across him had a curious golden pelt, but aside from finding their appearance striking, Larus had little opinion about the wolf-dog as they greeted him. The wandering man had encountered nothing like a dog in his short lifetime and held no prejudices.
While he is alert, Larus keeps his tail low and his ears flipped back. He acknowledges the stranger's greeting with a boof, but when Mawk approaches he does not initially make eye contact; these are all subtle, quick references to his submission. Best not to get off on the wrong foot. 
To his question, he turns his pale eyes upon the guard and mentions, The winter, which seemed obvious to him but, his voice was level and calm rather than pointedly obnoxious. Do you have room for one more?

391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
hope I can pop in. I kinda want Cebra to be more involved in the pack xD

Illecebra hadn't had much to do at the moment when the call went up and she decided that she would go for it. As she approached she scented Mawk and realized he had already answered but this didnt deter her. She moved forward until she came to a stop beside her mate, offering a greeting to him by a low chuff and touching her muzzle to his ear.

She had caught the end of the strangers words and felt uncertain what she should do here so for a moment she simply studied him with a calm but hawish look. Her baby was home now and while she trusted almost everyone in Easthollow she was not sure about a stranger being anywhere near her baby. Knowing this wasn't her place to decide she simply turned to Mawk "Shall we call for Valette?" She asked her voice quiet. 

Realizing she had probably come across as harsh or rude she turned back to the stranger and offered the slightest smile and a dip of her head "My apologies, How do you do?" She said in ways of verbally acknowledging him.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Of course, Cebra is always welcome lol <3

Submission was accurately displayed, and the golden man responded with a slight nod - this was a good start. With fiery amber eyes and a smile gracing his face, he took in the appearance of this wolf at their borders - ashen grey fur with a golden mask upon his face. The other male seemed healthy enough, and although he was curious as to if the wolf only wanted to stay for the rest of winter, or had come in hopes of finding a place to live, he nodded slowly. "We do indeed have space."

Before he could speak any more, his mate came up to his side, and he grinned at her. Lovingly he placed a lick at her cheek, thinking over her words. "Yes, I'll do that in a moment." Mawk agreed quietly to her, knowing that the alphess would make the last call.

"What skills can you offer Easthollow?" The wolfdog himself thought this man to be capable enough and was sure that if he pulled his weight, he could probably help along with anything. But still, he was inclined to ask.
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger

Despite anticipating the question, Larus was for a moment, silent. He wasn't sure what to say and was a little off-put by the approach of another wolf; it was merely his own nerves eating at him now, so accustomed to being alone.

After some thought he said, I know this land—I was born on the glacier north of here. That might've been a selling point were it not so awkward to state. But I've survived by my own wits more than anything. I'm large, strong, in good health, and have spent most of my life roaming. He meant that he was a ranger but didn't have the lexicon to name himself as such. I'm still alive so that must mean I can hunt at the very least. I'll feed your family and keep them as safe as I can.

To be truthful, it felt like he was grasping at straws. Either they had room for someone young, strong, and healthy, or they did not. Stating more seemed superfluous.

391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She was greeted with affection from Mawk and she felt herself smiling, pressing her sides against his as she listened to him handle the man standing at their borders. She payed close attention incase she ever found a joiner standing by the borders and was proud that her husband handled himself like a true alpha.

She had a question of her own for the man and looking at him suddenly she spoke up "Can you fight?" She asked. It was a simple question but it was one that would help make her feel safer about the brute. He was indeed young and healthy, quite able to hunt and provide food for everyone and that was a major help, but Cebra still felt ill at ease.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The stranger mentioned various things that were definitely good, and Mawk nodded along slowly, eyes sparkling with slight curiousity. Yes, yes, he seemed like he could make a good addition to Easthollow. Indeed he was strong and healthy, able to fight if need be, and it seemed he was a scout of sorts. The Theta himself was also a scout, so it was no surprise that this little piece of the wolf's words captured his attention.

Illecebra proposed a question of her own, and Mawk's fiery gaze fell back upon the stranger. "Also, what is your name? I'm Mawk, pleasure to meet you. I think you might fit in well, though I will have to call our alphess before a final decision can be made." With another nod of his head, the large wolfdog tipped his head to the sky and called for @Valette.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was watching over the herds to see what they were doing, and how they were behaving when a howl came for her. She perked up her ears. It sounded like Mawk. Valette curiously made her way to the borders. Perhaps it was a new wolf that wanted to join. They had a few lately. They could always use more help, that was for certain.

The howl didn't sound like an emergency. Valette quirked up her lips when she saw that there was indeed a stranger. Mawk was together with Cebra. Valette trotted towards them. Her tail was raised but for the most part, the alpha female looked more curious rather than dominant. "Hello, I'm Valette. The leader of this pack," she introduced. "I assume you want to join?," she added.

Valette then glanced to the side of Mawk. "Have you asked him anything already?," she asked. If Mawk had a good opinion of this male then Valette would trust his judgement.
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger

The pair seemed nice enough, if a bit skeptical of him. That seemed like a naturally reaction to any lone wolf in winter - you could never be too careful. The woman asked him if he could fight and he gave a small shrug and murmured, If I must. Larus might've come from warrior-stock but he was much more passive, succumbing to his baser instincts only when something threatened his survival.

Mawk cut in then, introducing himself. Before Larus could respond, Mawk was raising a call for whoever was in charge. He bowed his head slightly at the sound, letting his ears slick back to protect them, but it wasn't long before there was silence. Larus answered when he could, My name is - but he couldn't finish, because a dark figure approached.

He assumed (rightly so) that this was the leader they were waiting for. She seemed young - maybe even from the same generation as Larus, but there was no way to be certain - and she was questioning of his presence. Although it might've been more polite to let Mawk respond for himself, Larus cut in; he finished what he was saying with a curt, My name is Larus Sveijarn.

The name still felt strange upon his tongue, as if it were a pseudonym or a secret identity he had assumed. In time he hoped to adapt to it, become whatever he was meant to be.

Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Skipping and assuming Cebra left with permission from Chey!

He felt a little bad for not giving the male time to finish his introduction, but they did not have to wait a long amount of time before the alphess herself made a swift appearance onto the scene. The wolfdog glanced back at the male at the borders, nodding when he managed finally to give his name, and Mawk made an attempt to commit it to memory. Usually he was pretty good at doing that. 

Illecebra uttered a few words to him and then slipped away into the territory, most likely to check again on Cyron. The man turned to the two other wolves, ears perking forward to listen to what Valette had to say, before speaking up himself. "I asked him what skills he could offer - he is a scout of sorts, is able to hunt and is healthy enough to fight." His explanation was directed to the aphess, but Larus would have no trouble listening if he was paying attention.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked at the stranger. That name sounded familiar but it was a very long time ago she heard that name. She couldn't really place where she heard it. "Welcome Larus," she spoke with a nod. Mawk explained what the male could, sort of scouting? But also hunting and healthy enough to fight. Valette wasn't really that convinced but Mawk seemed to be okay with him. She did trust her pack members. Plus that name sounded familiar.

Valette quirked up her lips and smiled. "Alright, well. Then you are accepted. Make sure you introduce yourself to the other members," Valette spoke. She would keep an eye on him if he was fitting in well with their pack standards. The alpha female decided that she could show him around the territory. "I will show you the in's and out's," she spoke with a dip of her head and then nodding to Mawk that he could leave.

@Larus Feel free to assume Valette showed him the territory BTS or make their next thread a continuation of this one! :D Feel free to archive it after your post! :3
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger

He was a bit surprised when the verdict came: he was accepted, this was his new home. They took everything he said at face value. Valette's apprehension remained unknown to Larus, but with time he would ease it away. The man smiled and nodded his head, eager to get a move on - and without further prompting, went along with his new leader as she gave him his first tour.