Whitefish River What did you have left to lose?
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Thanks for joining :)

"That time wasn't his ta give, little dovette. That Knew of yours was a rat, thievin' the only time I shoulda had with you, if ya hadn'ta run off like some whipped dog. I loved ya, biscuit; still do. Always have, and I'll be damned if I ever stopped. But that rat ya snuggled up to all them night's wasn't for you. He used you, Gwen. I never woulda did that to my baby girl."

The voice echoed in her head, the lies etched into her brain. They'd been there so long... she wasn't sure now whether they could even be true, and Knew had been using her all that time. But it was so difficult to believe - she had found love again, she was certain. But her beliefs had been crushed the moment Storm reappeared in her life. By that point Knew had gone... where, she'd never know - so she supposed there was a chance the monster had been telling the truth. But how was she to know?

Her ex-mate had brought a skull to her doorstop, claiming it to be Knew's, and her heart's cracks had filled with loss, a heavy weight crushing every ounce of compassion she once held within. Was Knew dead, or had he simpy abandoned her and the man she wanted to leave behind had simply fabricated more lies to take her off guard and steal her away? She wouldn't doubt it. But maybe her poor lover had died, in his state at the time it was unfortunately likely. Oh, how love stings.

The gusts of wind did little to break her trance, small form lingering in that one spot, unmoving. Lost, in both her thoughts, and reality. Again, again, the words, the hurt, the loss, the heartbreak, the self-doubt, it killed her. She was dying. Her mind was dying, her heart was dying. And she wasn't sure she even cared anymore.

The scent - a scent, one unfamiliar and strange, it finally removed her focus from the darkness inside, and her body tensed. White ears flicked backward to press against her skull, her head pivoted around, dark, ocean gaze landing on the wolfess. No words, just silence as she stared - perhaps it was unnerving, but she lacked the energy to try any different.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
Messages In This Thread
What did you have left to lose? - by Gwen - January 03, 2018, 01:43 PM
can i put anything here? - by Anatha - January 03, 2018, 02:08 PM
RE: What did you have left to lose? - by Gwen - January 03, 2018, 02:28 PM
RE: What did you have left to lose? - by Anatha - January 03, 2018, 04:10 PM
RE: What did you have left to lose? - by Gwen - January 31, 2018, 12:44 PM