Blacktail Deer Plateau Chicken Dinner
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
@Sorrel Marie

Engel wandered about the territory, for he had things on mind. Such as, what was he going to do, after winter? Originally, he had just planned on up and leaving. But now? He was doubting that plan, more and more. He was so deep in thought, that he didn't see the tree till he felt his head bump into it. "Son of a-" He held the next word in, scowling at the tree.
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
"Once you've met someone you never really forget them.
131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel wasn't really sure what had possessed her to wander so far from Kieran and Pema — the former was the only one she seemed to be spending real time with, while the latter was responsible for having kept her alive — but she regretted it almost immediately. Her paws had barely rounded the base of a rotten tree stump when she heard the scolding of another wolf not far off. They were still in the territory (a fact that provided some comfort), so she figured that he was a packmate who she'd simply had yet to meet (read: a stranger). 

With one step backward, Sorrel planned to make a slow escape, though her plans were foiled by the soft cracking of a dead leaf. She was sure that he had heard, thus her posture changed immediately. Not only had she startled herself with the noise, but she might have also angered whoever else was nearby.
"I'm dreaming! I'm dreaming!"
Chihiro, "Spirited Away" (2001)
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel scowled at the branch, then his attention snapped to the crackling of a leaf. Thinking it was someone like Aditya trying to sneak up on him, he grew a smirk across his face and stalked over to them, trying to be quiet. Once he was close enough, he jumped out and went, "Found ya!" Only to see a rather young wolf. The amount of regret on his face was indescribable.
131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel's body tensed up and fell, contorting into some unrecognizable shape as she struggled to regain her footing. Her ears were flat against her head and her hackles raised, despite the clear fear in her eyes. Her weak body protested as she struggled back up from the ground, but she worked against the pain. It is worth mentioning that any sort of friendly interaction these two might have had was now gone with the wind, just like Sorrel's temporary feeling of security without brother Kieran.

A low growl bubbled in her throat as she slowly backed away, this time with a bit more haste. No, she called out, voice shaking. It sounded like a command, though there wasn't necessarily a task behind it. Just, no. No.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel may have believed he was good with kids sometimes. But, other times, he wasn't. Especially when said pup was scared of him, it put stress on him. "No no, shhh" he quickly said. "Didn't mean to scare you, didn't mean to. I'm friendly, okay?" It did not come to mind that this wolf was not necessarily a pup.
131 Posts
Ooc —
No! Sorrel cried out, now fearing that this would be the last thing she might ever say. He was getting closer, so much closer!; he could have killed her, had he wished, and she wouldn't have even had had anyone to help. It now seemed idiotic to have left Kieran's side, knowing that she was new and this place was new and nothing but him meant home. This was nothing like home. 

And if it had been meant to be, her dying right then and there so far from home, then why did it have to be such a hassle?
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel's ears pinned to his head, and he glanced around in case someone else heard the girl's cries. He backed up, shaking his head. "Kid, I am not going to hurt you, okay?" he tried to sound calm, but he was under stress by how this girl was acting. Where was Heartha when he needed her, or someone like her? 

That then brought an idea. "Um...uh...wanna hear a song? Yeah, a song? I can sing one for you, will that calm you down?"
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday tore onto the scene, bristling in righteous indignation. The girl's voice had attracted him, the fear in it causing him to think that an intruder had come into the territory. But when he arrived, it was to find that only Engel was present.

"Get away from her!" the male snarled, several niggling worries about the older male suddenly coming to a head. He'd tolerated the old letch for far too long. And, unable to see the contrite, pacifying look upon the other man's face, Grayday could only assume the worst. Bristling dangerously, he stalked toward Engel, his body language very clear: Get out.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel was just about to accept the end of her short life when, as if he had been sent by the gods themselves, Grayday burst into the scene with a sort of stance that she'd only seen maybe once before. It was when she was little, maybe younger than the youngest of the pack when she'd first met Maman. The two clicked instantly, and from then on out, Maman made sure that nothing ever brought harm to the fragile Sorrel.

So when a feral male tried stealing her away — stealing her innocence before her life — Maman came at him with a low stalk similar to this that had been forgotten before Grayday awoke the memories.

For a moment, she watched in terror, afraid that one might hurt the other. She didn't like the other, unnamed male who now stood against Grayday, but she could see that he shared that same fear. Had she been able to, Sorrel might have spoken up, but all she could do was think: No.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel was about to start trying to sing a lullaby of some kind when Day came out of nowhere, and Engel had never freaked out harder in his life. He may have liked Day before, but now he could do nothing but fear him. "D-Day, hold on a moment" he started, starting to back away with his form low to the ground. 

"I came across her, thought she was someone else. I-I accidentally scared. Day, come on. I'd never hurt a kid." He was certainly afraid of Grayday, this was a very new side to him. "Right, kid?" He looked pleadingly to them, then back to Day. He had never felt such fear...only once did he feel greater fear.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The leader's anger crackled and rolled - his body couldn't contain it. "She's a child," he thundered, ruthlessly pursuing the ruddy male, two steps for every one of his. Engel's voice was guiding his steps, but he hardly heard what the other male said. His vision was always murky, but now, he could see nothing but red -

and green.

Do you think of me as your uncle, Addie?

everything for you

killed him so you could have me

Adeline. Addie. Addie.

"Leave her alone," said Grayday, snapping back into the present. His chest was heaving. "Get out of here! Don't let me catch you sniffing around her again!" Savagely, he pressed forward, aiming a punishing bite for the other male, if he hadn't already turned tail and run.
What's Mine is Ours
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Gonna sneak this guy in here....

The commotion was enough to attract anyone curious, he supposed, but it was the distinct cry in a voice belonging to his sister that caused his rapid pawsteps on the frozen ground. On he ran, brows furrowing in clear confusion, and the deep worry for Sorrel drove him on.

When he came upon the scene, Grayday confronting Engel, and Sorrel cowering back in terror - he was most curious about what was happening. Concerned, too. But asking did not seem to be a good idea, so he slunk around the back of the two males and came up to his sister's small frame.

But he was not blind to the fear on Engel's face, either, and he sent a short glance in between that male and Grayday. He wanted to do something to calm the Leader, and also settle the arugement that seemed to be brewing up like a storm - Engel certainly seemed frightened. However, it seemed to be too late for Kieran to do anything, and he was not sure he'd have the courage to - the snarling, the anger in Day's expression, it reminded him of that one fearful day and he could not bring himself to question the male's actions. So he simply pressed his side against Sorrel's, comforting her with small licks to her cheek like he often did.
English * French
131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel's heart was racing but her brother's presence didn't do much to soothe her this time around. There was too much happening, too much, too much, too much... When it was too much, Maman would sing to her to calm her, try and bring her back to earth. But Maman wasn't here and Sorrel was stuck in too much. 

She pushed away from Kieran, trying to get him to stop touching her because that was too much, and she wanted to scream for Day to stop because that was too much, and she wanted the other one, the stranger, to leave because if he hadn't been there then there wouldn't have been too much.

But he was. And there was. And that was the end of it.

Sorrel watched in slow motion as Grayday lunged at her assailant and she began to wonder if that was really what he was. If anything, Grayday was scaring her far more than the other male had, but he was protecting her, right? And if he was protecting her then he didn't count. Nothing that he did counted, right? If she was being protected then why didn't she feel safe?

If she didn't speak up then, there would never be another chance to. And yet, she stayed silent.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel had never felt so scared in his life, he felt like he was going to piss himself at any moment. The girl said nothing to help him, and he did not notice Kieran arrive, because all eyes were on the angered Day. 

Engel turned right away as Day's voice raised in volume, and felt a nip at his behind as he fled. One thing was for sure. He was more afraid than attracted to Grayday from this point on, and was staying far away from kids in his presence.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The other male ran, and Grayday's teeth slid harmlessly through the fur of his hindquarters. He did not pursue - the male could be dealt with later on, when he was thinking more clearly. When his blood stopped boiling with the kind of fury he hadn't felt in months. It was one thing for a loner to try and make a meal out of his daughter - that was life. It was one thing for Engel to get his rocks off in a simple game. It hadn't left Grayday with the best impression, but it had, ultimately, been harmless.

But this was different. Engel was pack, and no one should have to worry about being under threat from their pack mates. (Later on, he'd think about those that might now fear him, and regret would burn just as hotly as his anger. But not now.)

"Adeline - " He turned toward the pair, reality shifting once more. He shivered and turned his face away. "Kieran," he said in a more gentle voice. "Find out what happened. See me when you can."

With that, the leader stalked away, intent on mastering himself before thinking any more on the subject.
What's Mine is Ours
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
He was well aware of Sorrel's nerves and the way she slid from beside him, moving away as though she was uncomfortable with his presence. The frown on his maw deepened, and the boy found himself unsure what to do. He allowed his sister her space, sending her a soft, silent glance as though reassuring her that if he was needed - he'd be there.

But his gaze was stolen away then by the swipe of Day's teeth across Engels hindquarters, and the other male swiftly fled the scene.

It was then that the attention was turned to Kieran himself - the leader turning his head to bark out an order. Except, the name he used first was one that sparked curiosity in his eyes - Adeline. He knew that name from somewhere... he knew that Day had had some sort of connection with her but the young hunter had never spoken to her. He could not draw an image of the wolfess in his mind, either. 

When Grayday corrected himself, his words were spoken softer and the yearling perked his ears forward attentively. "Okay, got it." He nodded, glad that he might be able to help the situation somehow. He'd go to Engel first, Kieran decided, and then Sorrel when she was calm enough to speak of it. Though perhaps she might not want to. He sent his gaze her way after Grayday had left the scene, and slowly he crept a little closer. "Sorrel.. do you want to go back to the den?" He inquired with a calm, steady but quiet voice.
English * French
131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel first met her brother's gaze, then looked away with a mixture of shame and shock. Everything had happened so quickly, and there had been so much to occur. She needed time to process (she wasn't too good at thinking in the moment), so instead of answering Kieran, she left on her own agenda. If he were to come by the den later, he might see her, but she didn't want to see him. Not then, at least.