Blacktail Deer Plateau How bad is it?
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Set a day or two after this thread @Sorrel Marie

Pema had given Sorrel some time to reunite with her family. After such a long time apart Pema doubted it was enough, but she didn't want to wait too long. She had an injured ankle and some other injuries that Pema hadn't gotten a chance to really look at. She didn't want them to worsen and cause Sorrel to be in even more pain then she was already in. 

She suspected that she would be with one of the members of her family, but she would have to find them as well for that fact to be helpful. Walking along she crossed over catfish pond with little sence of ergency. Giving Sorrel even more time as she searched for her.
"Once you've met someone you never really forget them.
131 Posts
Ooc —
After spending a short chunk of time with Kieran and her father, the trio had split for each to be left to their own devices. Initially, Sorrel had followed Addy around the rendezvous site to get a feel for the territory's center where she felt she would have been spending the majority of her time. Now that they had separated, she was wandering slowly with no real aim and no idea of who she might see. Luckily, the first wolf wasn't a stranger, but the Pema who had greeted her at the border. 

Sorrel didn't immediately try to get the other woman's attention for fear of seeming too demanding or intrusive. Rather, she stood where she was on shaky legs and an empty stomach and watched Pema move.
"I'm dreaming! I'm dreaming!"
Chihiro, "Spirited Away" (2001)
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
When Sorrel came into view Pema trotted up to her with a smile. "How was the reunion?" she asked wanting to have a bit of small talk before getting into it.

As she spoke Pema could tell that she was shaking a bit or that she was sway a tad. No doubt from her injured ankle effecting her stance. "So, I see you have an injured ankle there. How long ago did that happen?" she asked wanting to know how long it had been this way to gage how willing her body would be heal. She hoped she would also explain what had happened to cause such an injury.
131 Posts
Ooc —
Pema approached and Sorrel stepped back once as she examined the woman's face. Rather than speaking, she gave a slow, weak nod in response to her inquiry of the reunion of the Streiter family, then settled back onto her hindquarters to give her legs a rest. The one was sprained, but they were all weak and sore; at one point or another, they had each taken their turn breaking or twisting. The winter hadn't done much to help, either. Rather, the cold weather and scarcity of food seemed to make her condition worse.

I don't know, Sorrel whispered. She really couldn't have put a date to the incident if she tried, since it seemed to be a continuous state rather than an isolated incident. She hesitated but eventually stretched her leg for Pema to see the raw, swollen skin around it. It looked as if blood was trapped just under the surface which made walking incredibly strenuous.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Other then seeing that her two legs were twisted in a rather weird way, Pema wouldn't have been able to tell that they were sprained or broken just by looking at them. She might have been able guess seeing how limited her movement was with them. But it was always good to asked rather then assume. Especially since she still was no expert. 

Sorrel didn't really give her the answer she was looking for. She didn't need an exact date, but a general ball part. A month, a week, a year, time frames with such a big difference as though meant something when it came to healing time. She tried to ask again, trying to get some sort of useful information out of her. "Nothing specific. I just need to know if it was recent of quite awhile ago. A week, a month. It just gives me a better feel of how easy it will be to fix whatever is wrong." she told her. Hopeing it would give her more insentive to answer if she knew why Pema was asking. 

Sorrel stretched out her leg, allowing Pema to see a dark coloration on her skin. It was swollen and looked sore and fragile. The dark coloration and apparent depth made Pema think that it much be a large blood blister of sorts. "Ooooh" she said after seeing it. Think that it must be painful and annoying to have to walk with that pressure under the skin. She was tempted to just tell her to pop it, but that wouldn't be a good idea. "It's best to just leave that part alone. It's alot of built up pressure that your body should release once new skin has formed under it." she explained as she looked it over. 

That would take some time, and there was no need to Sorrel to be in pain over the next few days because she couldn't simply rest. "If you wanted you could rest in my den for the next few days. It will get you off your feet and I or another member of the pack could bring you meals in the meantime." she offered, trying to think of what would make her the most comfortable. Ready to walk her over to her den if she accepted. 

Seeing the blood blister and the state of the other ankle, it appeared as though not one but both of her ankles had been injured somehow. Did it happen at the same time? Or did the injury of one lead to the other. "How did all this happen?" she asked. "Did anything else happen when this all happened?" she asked, wondering if there were any other injuries that she had maybe missed. As Sorrel spoke Pema began to poke and prod at her injures to see if they were infact breaks, sprains or anything else.
131 Posts
Ooc —
Pema didn't understand; Sorrel didn't know the relative time of the injury because there hadn't been one. She shook her head and sucked in her teeth, Is always hurt. She lifted her forepaw and gave a pfft! sort of noise to indicate that that one had been hurt in the same way, if not more catastrophically. It had healed with time, though not with the same pain as her hindleg. When Pema offered up her den as a temporary refuge, Sorrel shook her head no and gave a remorseful smile. I sleep with Kieran.

There was no obvious cause to why Sorrel was as fragile as she proved to be time and time again. From the outside looking in, one might note that the trauma of her childhood caused stunted development throughout her body, from her bones to her immune system, but she would have no way of knowing that on her own. Sorrel sighed and shook her head once more, indicating that there wasn't much she could say.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Once agian Sorrel didn't have much to say. Maybe she just wasn't a talker in general, but whatever the case Pema would have to settle with having limited information. Another challenging thing about learning the medic trade. 

She didn't want to stay in Pema's den either. She had offered it for it's comfortabiliy and easy access to herbs, but she wasn't going to puch Sorrel. "Ok. Why don't you head over to where you and Kieran will be sleeping and rest there while I grab what I'll need. Does that sound alright?" she ask, hoping there would be no objections to that.
131 Posts
Ooc —
There was a moment of apprehensive thought after Pema's request. Was this a denial of treatment? If the two separated now, who was to say they would ever meet again? Maybe Pema just needed an excuse to escape Sorrel's sickly presence and tend to her own needs, which there wouldn't have been any blame for. After all, Sorrel's case was a hefty one. Still, she nodded her head and made her way back to the den to wait for Pema.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She seemed hesitant, but in the ended nodded and headed towards the place where she would rest while she waited from Pema. Pema felt bad for the girl. She was so shy and soft spoken, when she did choose to speak. But Pema ready did have all the intentions to help treat her. She would just have to do with what she was told.

Not knowing much other then that she was in pain she decided to bring her a combination of things. Things that wouldn't hurt her and that wouldn't contradict one another. They would all be frost bitten, but she hoped they would still hold their medicinal value.

She came back minutes later with a mouthful of daisy leaves, burdock roots, nettle leaves, and goldenrod. The combination of tastes in her mouth was not pleasant, especially because some of them alone tasted rather horrible. She found Sorrel resting and dropped the pile before her.

"I hope this helps. It's a combination of things that should help you out one way or another." she said with a smile. "Oh, and I'm sorry, not all of them taste that great."
131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel watched Pema approach, then sniffed at the herbs which she had dropped with her characteristic curiosity. She huffed, looked back up at her guardian with hesitation, then began to nip at the pile. It was a different taste, without a doubt, but not one that Sorrel necessarily minded. Within a few moments, she had made a decent dent in the platter before deciding that she was too full to continue. Thank you, she belched, giggling and excusing herself immediately after.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She watched at Sorrel spared no time in chowing down on the combination of herbs that were presented to her. Pema let out a little sign, relaxed that this was the easiest part of treatment, the treatment itself. Something that in most cases was the worst part, but getting to this point was alot more difficult than Pema expected it to be. But she put it behind her, just happy that they were at this point now. 

"Your welcome." she said with a smile. There wasn't much she could do now and even though she had gotten those herbs, they weren't going to make her feel back to normal in a matter of seconds. "I'll leave you to rest. Those should kick in after awhile." she said with a smile, ready to depart from Sorrel.