Barrow Fields 911 - call me sometime
261 Posts
Ooc — Hannah

Everything was going awful - even after her encounter with the enlightening shaman-wolf. She was still alone, still suicidal, and still had no friends. Her closest idea to one was the blunt male with gripping, sapphire eyes by the name Nathaniel. Her mind lingered to his bright gaze often, wondering if she would ever regard such a sight again. 

She’d never been to the coast, and it seemed fitting since she did plan to kill herself. Might as well fill in the sights she never cared to see in the past. The bitter sea breeze was harsh, but also carried the pleasant smell of the ocean. Her nose tinged with salt, and despite her current state she was elated to finally experience the gifts of the sea. Even though she wasn’t even on the beach shore, but instead the limited grassy lands beside it. 

She sat down in the stumpy grasses, admiring what would be her only chance to enjoy such terrain. Her dimming amber eyes took in all she could, a single tear forming in her eye. Don’t let the downs falter the ups. Chaska had reminded her, but how was that possible with no ups?

28 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
The boy's paws hit the ground, sending dirt flying everywhere as he cleared the thick log afore him. Casimir could feel the wind thrashing his coat as he streaked through the valley. The boy panted heavily, his long body stretching over the ground as he sprinted. 
     Cas had been traveling for so damn long. Now that he was in Teekon, Casimir decided he would try to free himself for a little while. Part of living up to that was running. Running was what he was made for, and, though he was tired, it was all he wanted to do. Another part of that was flirting unabashedly, but that would have to wait for now.
     As he ran, Casimir floated from ecstasy into thought, deep thought...thought that he probably shouldn't have been thinking about while running. His mind drifted to Xahi, their fight, his departure. His thoughts drifted to his mother, her death, her sacrifice. And then he tripped.
     The usually-elegant boy was thrown to the ground, drawing a sharp grunt from his throat. He was sprawled out, legs splayed as he laid their on the ground. Casimir was stunned, to say in the least, and without breath in his lungs. Fuck.
~ C A S I M I R ~
261 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Mara hadn’t taken notice to the galloping boy as he made his way through the field. Only until she heard a thump and a stranger dropped to the ground only a few feet away. This forced her into suprise, lifting herself off her haunches and turning around to see a svelte, pale figure. Her ears perked with interest, the tear forming in her eye streamed down her cheek creating an indent. 

He seemed to be in distress, she padded over quickly, praying he was okay - but truly, how much damage could’ve happened? Once close enough, she began to examine the unfamiliar male for any open or obvious injuries. Sniffing the air for blood, until spotting his breathtaking jade eyes. The girl stopped in her tracks, stunned herself. How many wolves had eyes like this? First Nat, now him?

”Are- Are you alright?” A soft, quiet voice filled with concern, and shock. Still in awe of the bright gems showcased so well.

28 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
The pale boy laid there for a moment, his lungs heaving heavily to circulate oxygen. It was then that Casimir heard it. Pawsteps. A girl appeared in front of him, she stood quite near him, seeming surprised. 
     Oh. Well. This was embarrassing. Casimir laid his ears back with annoyance, he didn’t have time to speak with a random stranger right now. “Fine. Thanks,” he said with an exasperated look. 
     However independent he was, Cas was in pain. He glanced over his body to find several light scratches upon his side. Ha, nothing. Upon attempting to stand up, Casimir yelped loudly, dropping back to the ground. He gave a disgruntled snort and examined his left front paw, where a sharp rock lodged in his pad. 
     Perhaps he could use that bit of help after all. Casimir quickly witched his approach. The boy flashed that devilishly charming smile of his at her, blinking those sharp dazzling green eyes. “Actually a bit of help may be necessary.”
~ C A S I M I R ~
261 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
His words would’ve stung Mara in the past, wondering what would evoke such snappiness after she was only being kind. Perhaps he was just embarrassed - though it was soon revealed her help was was actually needed. His smile, one that would’ve likely held affect, did nothing to persuade her; she was going to aid anyway though. His eyes were hypnotizing though and she was forced into a daze when staring at them. Jerking her head to refocuse, she looked at the problem at hand paw. 

It was easy for a medic to notice the bigger problem, his front foot. ”Would you mind letting me see?” She questioned, gesturing to his hurt paw.

28 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
Although the sprightly charmer was at first hesitant, he extended his elegant limb and exposed his injured pad. To put it simply, cas was MORTIFIED. His coquettish smile had not worked any magic on her, which was honestly, quite confusing. At least his eyes were capturing something. Though not at all interested in her, flirting often helped break the barriers between him and another. Now he had no icebreaker, and was watching a stranger tend to his wounds.
     "You from around here?" Casimir's slick persona had drizzled away in a flash, and now he was just an awkward young boy with a lanky figure. "D-don't answer that. Who are you?" He sputtered a new question, uncomfortable with the former small-talk.
~ C A S I M I R ~
261 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
His sudden slickness had washed off, and the boy seemed clumsy with his words. If Mara weren’t so suicidal, she would’ve blushed at his coy smile and maybe even stumble on her own words. But for now, she was too monotone to be awkward. His rough attempt at conversation confused her, but she did as told and didn’t answer his first question - it was a complicated answer anyway. She lifted her gaze on to him when introducing herself, pausing a moment on his injury. ”I’m Mara, and you?” The agouti girl questioned, waiting for his response before returning to his paw.

28 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
Cas felt bad. This was weird. Why was he so weird?! Headspace, headspace, headspace Cas. Damn it.  Mara, that was a pretty name. It was weird, simple, unlike his but...pretty? They were just of different origin, that's all. Differnet culture and such. The boy cleared his throat as the question was asked of him. Although he was about to speak, Casimir quickly became self-concious. Is my name weird? 
Wait, that-that wasn't a thought that was- 
"Is my name weird?" 
Crap. Panic mode.
    "I-I didn't mean to say that- I mean- yeah I did, unless that's weird then I didn't. But then that would make me seem like I don't have control over my words, so yes. I did mean to say that. I mean-"
Cas rambled swiftly, words spilling out of his mouth like a flash flood, until suddenly, it stopped. Casimir was completely silent for about two seconds. 
"My name is Casimir."
~ C A S I M I R ~
261 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Mara hadn’t expected the sudden tumbling of words that fell from the boys mouth like rocky boulders. She wondered why he was so anxious, and hoped to calm him down. Not responding to his poor comments, and instead the answer to his question. Smiling kindly, ”Pleasure to meet you Casimir,” She then returned to observing his wound, remembering hints of Marigold splattered about the shrubbery of the coast. Realizing then he likely wanted a response to his first question, she whispered, ”A very handsome name.” Before stepping away, and nodding. ”I’ll be right back - don’t run off,” Her voice wasn’t stern, but slightly demanding; similar to the voice of a mother. It wouldn’t have surprised her if he thought about just bolting to escape such an embarrassing conversation, so she made sure to have him stay. Shifting off to find the herb, knowing her sense of smell was of no use it took her a tiny bit longer than most. She soon returned with the Marigold plant nestled in her jaws, trotting back with another soft grin. ”I’m glad you stayed,” Mara admitted.

28 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
Casimir's racing heart drastically slowed down as the nice woman spoke softly to him. The girl seemed kind, so he tried to relax a bit. She wasn't judging, or so he chose to think. The boy closed his eyes and blew a breath from his mouth. "Thankyou, miss," he replied, his young boy persona truly appearing. She was soothing, while not seeming too warm. Her voice was firm and kind, and he briefly drifted to the thoughts of his mother. The yearling's heart yearned for that motherly figure so desperately. He was even more desperate for this than he was for Xahi...
     The woman wandered away to find...something, and Casimir floated away. He, much like his sister, was easily lost in his thoughts. His green eyes reflected the soft blue-grey sky above them, tracing the skyline with his emeralds was practically a hobby. As the girl arrived, sporting a new thought, Casimir agreed. "Uh, yes, me too. Thank you, for-um, fixing me up. I'm sorry I'm such a spaz..." He chuckled softly, an "oh well" grin on his face.
~ C A S I M I R ~
261 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
She began to tend to his wound, lapping up the blood and making sure no debris was left in the cut. Using the Marigold to prevent any infection, before stepping back and nodding to signal she was done. ”No apologies needed,” She started to warm up to the young boy, glad to seen him relax in her presence. ”I’m happy to help.” Her heart hurt slightly, imagining in place of Casimir her own child to tend to. That’s all she ever wanted, a kid of her own, and yet the months pass and not one opportunity. Besides, she would want a kid with a healthy mother, in a healthy environment. Not stuck with a suicidal guardian and no group to call home. She sighed a moment before grinning again. ”It was a pleasure to meet you, Casimir.”

28 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
Casimir was relieved that this encounter was over...well, mostly. Part of him-most of him- wanted to stay with her. But, Casimir wasn't dumb. This was just his grief over Ezimette springing back to life. The young little yearling was being dilusional. "Thank you, Mara. Farewell, may we meet again." The young one shakily rose to his paws, touching her shoulder with his cool nose and meeting her eyes one last time. Then, the boy began to limp off, continuing his journey to...somewhere.
~ C A S I M I R ~