Dragoncrest Cliffs Why wait.
32 Posts
Ooc —
Hoping that as a hawk Astor is exempt from the trespassers and loiterers rule. Let me know if she is not and I will delete the post. Don't want her to get mauled ect. Tagging for reference.

Astor had been flying around the last could days. Hunting and having her fair share of wolf run in and watching them as they entertained her. But today something popped into her mind and she though, whynot. A while prior she had run into a lone female known as @Theia, almost killing herself going after a bison calf well protected by a herd all on her own. Feel what was most likly pitty for her and simply not wanting to watch the stupidiy continue, Astor had flown down and given her a rabbit to eat. 

They had a short conversation, but it ended with the lone female deciding she was going to head west. In the direction of the pack Astor was flying over now. Looking around she did not see the female and though it weird that Astor would have beaten her here. But thinking twice about it she could have not heeded to Astor's words and continued the hunt after the bison. Eventually killing her as Astor predicted. 

Yeah that was a safe assumtion Astor thought, and so she stopped flying over head and took a rest in a tree over looking an area near the border, just incase she were to stumble in while she visited, though it was very unlikely.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx

After the goshawk departed and Theia finished her meal, the looming figure did not return. While still apprehensive, she wasn't keen on risking her life again, especially now that she not only had something to fill her stomach but the prospect of a pack. So she trotted westward, anxious but excited knots twisting in her gut. Suddenly, the scent of a pack border wafted into her nose, and it almost startled her after travelling for so long. Theia approached the border and sat before it before releasing a long, desperate howl.

As she waited, anxious thoughts swirled within her mind. What if the same thing happened as last time? No, she wouldn't let that happen. She'd learned her lesson—she had to swallow her pride, as painful as that would be. It was worth it. There was nothing she could do about her other oddities, but she had to try to get on others' good sides. Then, maybe they would try to understand. Theia's ears flattened, feeling a pang of hopelessness. No one understood her, and no one ever would.
PM me about sprees; I'm usually open!
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
With the absence of most of their warriors, Rose had stepped up to help with border patrols despite how much she disliked them. They were tedious and most of the time uneventful, but every now and then a bit of action would happen and keep the kru from falling asleep due to a lack of interest. Today happened to be one of those days and when the howl reached her ears, the russet yearling immediately made her way towards the source, quickly arriving to find the loner awaiting near their borders.

“Whaddya want?” she asked with dull eyes, tail remaining neutral on approach. She could only assume the woman was here to join but with the amount of mouths they already had to feed, Rose wasn’t sure if they could even take anyone else. But that option wasn’t up to her so in the meantime the kru figured she might as well hear what the woman had to say, if only because it would keep her occupied.
i'm the architect of my own destruction
86 Posts
Ooc —
She spends most of her morning talking to @Tirgatao about the possible future for Drageda. Thuringwethil and the others haven’t been gone long enough to set off any alarms but Ajatar finds herself wandering in different directions of outcome and planning them accordingly. Only a few have been brought to light with the older woman so it doesn’t seem too weird to be talking about it so much.

The howl offers as a temporary distraction, though, as she makes her way to the borders. The desperation in the howl does not make her move any faster, for it does not belong to one of those left in Drageda (nor any of those that have temporarily departed).

The close to the borders she gets, the heavier the snow, and the easier it is to hide her stark coat. The stranger stands out as soot tainting the wintry coastal snow. The bird’s presence goes entirely unnoticed but she hangs back, watching the dark wolf shiver on the ground, waiting for someone’s arrival. For now, Ajatar remains hidden in the background, waiting to see what will come of the straggler on the fringes of their claim.

It is not long before Rose shows up, beating her to the point during her hiding. She does not expose herself yet and sits back and continues to wait.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx

Finally, a figure approaches: a flame in the snow, melting all in its path. She didn't look pleased at her being here, snapping out Whaddya want? at her, which caused her tail to flick in irritation. Blinking, she took a deep breath. Bite your tongue until it bleeds, she reminded herself. As much as she deserved respect, this was important.

Theia rose to her feet and responded, I'd like to join your pack. It almost sounded like she wanted to join because she felt like it; for the amusement of it. This wasn't intentional, but her tone tended to be that way. She said no more than that and awaited the fiery wolf's response.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Her assumption had been correct in thinking the woman’s purpose was to join, which meant Rose was now left to go through the whole joining process that she found to be terribly bland. She let out a huff, head tilting slightly to the side to take in the stranger’s physical appearance. Thin and unimpressive at first glance, but she doesn’t smell of sickness so at least she’s got that going for her. 

“I’m assuming you’re here because of winter and not because you want to be” she let out flatly. It wasn’t her intention to come off as rude as she sounded, but with little to no interest in patrols, Rose lacked the enthusiasm she would normally have in her tone.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
The fiery wolf's irritated tone at her merely being here was already grating on Theia's nerves. With an irritated flick of an ear, she responded, That's not true. Oddly, nothing else came out. Any other words relating to the question disappeared from her mind, so she stood there tensely, staring blankly at this bright wolf. Just get this over with so you can let me in, she thought exasperatedly.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Rose wasn’t sure if she fully believed the stranger’s words. Her disbelief was likely due to the fact that winter was the most logical reason to join and since the russet’s girl mind was ruled by logic, any other excuse just didn’t seem to make sense. But it seemed unfair to turn her away for that reasoning and since Rose didn’t even possess the power to do such a thing, the kru decided to hear out whatever reason the woman could come up with. “Then why?” the flame asked, eyes holding curiosity within them as the question rolled off her tongue.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
The woman's tone was much gentler than before, now. That's more like it, she thought. I have heard that your pack is powerful, and I wish to be a part such a pack, She lied with ease. Most any pack would do, really—Theia was just tired of being alone. Being alone meant starving and perhaps worse: no attention.
32 Posts
Ooc —
Not sure who decided to skip me without asking but... *shrug*

She didn't actually believe that the female would arrive within the span that Astor waited at the border, but that's exactly what happened. When she was almost ready to leave the female approached the border and called out to those within the pack. Missing the presence of her hawk aquaintance. Astor didn't make herself known at first, wanting to observe like she usually did.

Not too long after one of the pack members approached her and another shortly after that. The first asked what she wanted, in a rather unpleasant tone. It made Astor smirk thinking of how all this might play out. Whilst the other white wolf stayed back, well hidden within the snow. With her birds eye view Astor could see her and wondered what her play was.

She listened to the lone female and the fire wolf speak, shaking her head as they spoke. What was this loner thinking. Astor wasn't a wolf but even she thought that her answers were... inadaquate. These simple answers weren't doing her any favors. When joining a pack you had to appear as though you really wanted to join and that they should accept you because you have some skills or a willingness to work hard. Something the lone female wasn't expressing well if she did have those feelings.

The lone females last responce sounded as though she were speaking out of her ass. From Astors encounter she devised that this female hadn't heard about this pack before and would have no knowlegde of the amount of power it held. She shook her head thinking of how trivial this conversation was becomming.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
She had heard enough. Rose’s eyes narrowed at the female’s vague response, the reasoning for her interest in Drageda not helping her case either. The kru stood a bit taller than before, tail sticking stiffly outwards as she took a step in the loner’s direction. “That’s not good enough” she let out blandly, tone leaving no room for back talk as she quickly moved on to the next words that came to mind. “You’ve been nothing but disrespectful and have offered no skills to prove your interest in this pack.” She was quick and to the point, trying her best to cover up her nervousness with fake authority. Rose had never done this before and had no idea if she was even allowed to send an interested loner away, but it would seem like a waste of time if she called the leaders here only for them to likely come to the same conclusion she had.

She tore her dull eyes from the stranger’s inky frame before motioning to the neutral ground away from the borders. “You may go now.” Her point had been made. Rose stood confident, ready to physically remove the woman should she prove to be an idiot and not leave peacefully on her own.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Now you've done it, Rose. Lmao.

Theia flattened her ears in full offense, icy eyes hardening as the orange female told her, Theia Arygris, that she wasn't good enough. That had already set her off, but then she went and said that she was being disrespectful. What the hell did she do? Do you even know what you're doing? She snapped. You asked why I wanted to join, and I told you. You didn't even ask what my skills might be. I've shown no disrespect, but you certainly have. Perhaps you don't want to be here, but I do. The words tumbled past her lips as her eyes bore into the cretin before her.

Theia remained outside of the border—she wasn't that foolish—but she was absolutely fuming, and her hackles stood on end. She certainly didn't want to share a pack with someone so utterly rude and distasteful and began to wonder if the rest of the pack was the same. Manners flew out the window as her desire to join vanished. Theia bitterly wondered if this fool ever accepted anyone.
32 Posts
Ooc —
If this were seen as an argument or disagreement, Astor would be on the side of the pack members. She agreed most of what she was saying, other then that she was being disrespectful. She wasn't giving good reason or full answers, but she wasn't sure if that would be considered disrespectful or ignorant.

You would think a wolf of the verge of starvation would be more willing to try and join a pack, prove herself. Astor felt a bit bad about giving her that rabbit now. Maybe she would be a bit more grateful and desperate to join this pack if she hadn't given it to her.

But then the lone female fired up, snapping at the pack member. This made Astor angery, because this infact was disrespectful. This wasn't at all the wolf that she had spoken to out with the bison. 

Astor maybe had no place to speak in this conversation, but what was really going to happen as a consquence, it's not like they could reach her if they tried. She flew over head screeching at the lone female before landing on the closest tree, for them to hear and see her better. "Do you hear the bull shit spuing from your muzzle right now?" she said directed at the lone female. 

"If you want to be here then act like it! Give her some real answers, that would be respectful. Why not tell her that a reason you want to join is because you're starving, and that you're willing to work to earn a meal and place here. It's not her job to ask what skills ou have, you should offer them as payment for their kindness. They don't need you, they have plently of members willing to pull their weight, and I doubt any of them are as disrespectful and loud mouthed as you." she said glaring down at her, calling her out on her faults. 
86 Posts
Ooc —
Excuse my phone post. :)

I have heard your pack is powerful.

Ajatar narrows her eyes and stares through the trees, taking a few slow, unheard steps forward. There’s an annoying squawking coming from above suddenly, glancing up briefly to see a bird swoop low before land and continuing. Rose stands her ground against the outsider, though, and as the exchange begins to turn sour, she slips from the cover of their snowy backdrop.

Rose has done much of the talking and since it’s not first on Ajatar’s list, she skips over it. She disregards any attempt to conversation and charges with a snarl rippling from her jaws. She does not look to see if Rose tags along—though she can’t deny she’s liked what she’s seen so far—and she continues to close the distance until she makes contact with the other.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
The goshawk started berating her, and she snapped her eyes towards it with a growl. Theia rarely accepted criticism. She hadn't done anything wrong—that other wolf was simply imcompetent. Shut up! You're especially not one to criticize me. You don't understand. No one understands- She was cut off by the sound of a snarl that was alarmingly close. When she whipped her head around to see what was going on, all she could see was white, and then she was knocked to the ground.

Instinctively, her jaws parted, and she snapped at her attacker's face with a growl while her legs and tail drew upwards defensively over her stomach. Theia was absolutely terrified, having no idea this wolf was even around. Why the fuck was she being attacked? It's not like she was intruding on their territory.
86 Posts
Ooc —
Ajatar does not register the words before she cuts her off, barreling her over into the ground. She feels the clash of teeth behind her cheek but it does not dissuade her from snapping and catching something of her own. It doesn’t give her a good chance for anything particularly damaging as she stands over the other, teeth bared and smeared with the stranger’s blood. “Get. Out.” She enunciates each word, daring to get a little closer to drive her point.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Okay, didn't realize Theia was marked inactive & I don't feel like retyping this post in full so sorry that it's shit compared to what I originally had. :/ Also, if anyone wanted to chip in, I can edit this.

She missed, of course, and now she felt the familiar sting of teeth on her throat. Is this how she'd die? No, she couldn't die yet, not until she knew her purpose in this life. The icy behemoth's message was clear, and she wriggled out from under her before fleeing, not daring to look back. She still had enough dignity not to do it with her tail tucked between her legs.
32 Posts
Ooc —
The lone wolf looked up at her and shouted at her, saying that she didn't understand. Astor didn't need to understand the ways of the wolves to see that this one was being rude and disrespectful. She might have flown drown and gotten her with her talons if the white female didn't rush to do it herself. In the heat of all this shouting Astor almost forgot that she had been there. 

They tussled for a short while before the light female stood over the dark female, expressing again that she wanted this loner out. Astor couldn't agree more as she watched the lone female move away with her tail tucked. 

Her first impressions of this wolf were completely shattered now. That pity she had for her when she gave her that meal not turned to anger and she regretted ever giving her that favor. 

Once it looked like the female was far enough away she spoke to both of the pack member, mostly the light female. "I apologize. I informed her about the location of this pack thinking she needed help. Not that she was going to be this disrespectful."
86 Posts
Ooc —
The wolf is lucky she has mercy to give, perhaps only because their numbers are small that she has at her disposal. She watches the wolf wiggle out from beneath her, staring hard until she is on her feet and running in the opposite direction. Her heart beats heavily in her ears, deciding against chasing at her. She doesn’t want to cause any more injury to herself than necessary, having to lead them in their commander’s absence. The less struggle she has to report, the better.

The bird squawks high above and she glances, only briefly, before her attention returns to Rose. With an approving nod of the girl’s actions, she bumps her shoulder with her nose and offers to walk back with her.