Bramblepoint migrations
26 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Familial mentions are purely NPC (for now).

Signs that Kimala had passed through were minimal at best, but Sitala was diligent. She tracked her all the way to the fringes of a forest, and it was there she found her pouting about something inconsequential. A brief conversation ensued—not that Sitala had any recollection to the contents now, being alone and adrift—but something she had said resonated with her youngest sister. Kimala agreed to return to the collective but she did not grant Sitala any further knowledge in to what had caused her flight.

It did not matter, all was well again.

Once Kimala was off again (sent back the way whence she'd come) it was time for the ghost to relax. She loitered beneath the creaking boughs of an old oak tree for a time, then decided to sojourn within the forest's heart. It was not a large area but it was new, and that pulled at her heart strings. Sitala poked her way along with her head bent low in study of the natural flora—most of which was covered in a heavy layer of snow, ice, or shadow—but it did not perturb her.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
After her first lesson with Korei Julia in the art of hunting and survival, Wraen stayed behind in Bramblepoint to explore some fox mounds she had spotted months earlier in the summer and then again in the autumn. If the inhabitants were present, it would be a great chance for yet another practice. "Flushing" the sneaky carnivore and engage in a chase. 

Wraen's plan changed, when her path crossed with that of another wolf. Had the stranger not been visible and only left a trail behind, she would not have bothered much. Now within a hearing distance, if only the other turned and spotted her, she thought it would not be polite to greet and ask, what the other was doing here?

Ever since she had met two wolves, who informed her about their intentions of establishing packs and claiming lands, Wraen had grown suspicious that all pack-less strangers strived to do so. And she did not mind, as long as they did not claim her favorite places. "Hey!" the girl called out to the stranger to draw it's attention to her.
26 Posts
Ooc —
Amid the brambles she found a tiny specimen of mahonia trying to survive; it was only eight or nine inches tall and the buds were tiny yellow things. They did not have any practical application but Sitala had always been interested in the tiny and inconspicuous signs of life—some flowers could be used certainly, such as the poppy or the aconite—yet it was the harmless ones that always looked the most beautiful to her.

The tiny buds upon this plant were nowhere near opening, although their time was past due. The ghost sighed softly and a small puff of air curled from her nostrils, catching on the bladed leaves of the struggling shrub. Sitala shifted away from this plant afterwards and would've focused on another in her effort to pass the time, but a voice rose nearby and made her stop, then lift her head.

How she had not heard the girl coming was a mystery—but alas, the allure of wintering flowers must have been great.

Hello, she responded in kind, her voice a steady and commanding monotone that wasn't in the least bit inviting; one of Sitala's unfortunate flaws. The girl was young but healthy looking, if a bit dull, and reminded her vaguely of a sparrow chirping in the dawn—a necessary annoyance. Still, Sitala did not wish to displease the locals, for that would only hinder her own family.

My apologies—do you live here?
The question seemed innocuous enough.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen regretted her call to the stranger the moment it turned around and looked at her directly. It was an older lady and something in her attitude and the way she carried herself made the younger wolf feel as if she had disturbed a royalty. Childish, guilty and that it would probably be better to state her business as quickly as possible and be gone.

"This is my pack's hunting grounds," she replied, though other Moonspearan's did not come her often. But she was a representative of her pack and if she hunted here, her declaration was as close to truth as it could be. "Did you plan to settle here?" Wraen pressed the matter further, while she still had courage to talk to the she-wolf.
26 Posts
Ooc —
The girl answered the question smoothly and Sitala appreciated the ease with which they could communicate. It was easier for Sitala to handle men because of how simple-minded they were, and while she came from a family replete with women, they were often too strong-minded for Sitala's tastes. This was simple though. The girl was young and curious (much like Sitala's own daughters) which would make her an easy mark. If this girl came from a similar-minded family then the Tuktu-Arnaq would have their work cut out for them.

No. She said in answer to the girl's question. Then, a smile crossed her lips—but there was something off about it. In all the years she had been alive Sitala was accustomed to faking it around the men and it was strange for her to put on this false identity, this mask, for anyone else but those she intended to maim. It is beautiful here, though. How long has this been yours? Of course, she meant that to mean the pack's, but was being a little coy.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
The fakeness of the other's smile skipped Wraen, because she had never really been interested in the "analyze your opponent" lessons that Terance had offered her time from time. She had deemed the theory of self-defence boring and yet, had she paid more attention, she would have noticed that there was more to the stranger than it appeared to the eye. 

Therefore she did not feel endangered and was focused on task at hand - finding out the other's intentions regarding this forest. She denied the wish to settle down here - which was a good thing. "Whenever need arises," Wraen replied to her question. "You do not look like having come from around here..." she remarked, counting all the faces from the known nearby pack and hers matched none in the familiar category. "Where do you come from?"
26 Posts
Ooc —
Sitala dipped her head towards the soil again to inspect a small bundle of plant life, yet while she seemed preoccupied her ears turned and she listened intently. The girl responded vaguely. Had she caught on to Sitala's falsified charm? Her inability to replicate a genuine reaction? Perhaps. The conversation continued regardless. Sitala would be careful.

The south mostly, came her answer in that crisp monotone voice, yet again. There was nothing much to say in that regard whether she lied or told the truth: the fact she traveled with others was obvious because she carried their scents. It was not worth keeping such a secret from outsiders—she was a lone wolf but not alone. I search for a safe place to raise my daughters. Hm, they are around your age. She smiles again and turns away from the plant that has her fixated, watching Wraen now. Have you met either of them in your travels? We have only been in the area a few days but, they are curious girls; Sanuye, and Memdi.

Ah, but lets not forget, Oh—and myself, I am Sitala. It is unlikely this girl has encountered them, for they are well protected by her sister's. Their training is not yet complete but they are nearing their time—soon the adult women would seek out husbands for them, and they would depart to start the next generation. Sitala's pride was immeasurable.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
The mention that this "lone wolf" was not entirely alone made Wraen wary and she cast a worried glance around to see, if any of those said daughters were lurking around. She did not hear anything, feeling grateful that the stillness of winter in the forest made it harder for a potential attacker to hide himself. 

"No, I have not," she shook her head, but made a mental mark that there was a nomadic pack in the area that she and her packmates had to watch out for. "Nice to meet you - Sitala. My name is Wraen," she replied and just because she was a curious creature, she dared to ask another question. "I lived and traveled South extensively with my parents, when I was a kid, but I don't recall meeting anyone or any pack that would have such unusual names for their members."

They talked for a little while longer, but since something about the foreign female made Wraen distrust her, she excused herself at the most appropriate moment and left the scene.