Moonspear Blue Balls
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei had been looking for comfort, on and off. She would forget about Galaxy until she came upon the stars at night. There were two wolves that came to mind to comfort her. And she decided to go find one of them, them being @Terance. He had comforted her before, and she somewhat felt a connection to him since their last meeting together. 

So she left to find him, wherever he was. "Terry?! Terry, are you around?!" She shouted out for him, despite it being night time. Not too late, but late enough for stars to be out. And there was no doubt sadness in her voice.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance was indeed around. what was originally a plan to map out some new constellations on a nearby cliff, had turned into a full on knockout-- because apparently today had been tiresome, despite the fact that terance really couldn't remember what he'd done today. korei's voice jolted him awake, eyes blinking wildly into the darkness. he turned, looking for her pale pelt among the area, but couldn't spot her. there was no mistaking that awful nickname though... terance was too polite to tell her how much he disliked it-- but he could remain spiteful on the inside.

feeling too groggy to go after her, but noting some sort of urgency or emotion in her voice, terance gave a shout to let her know he was nearby. "just this way!" he yelled, and then split his jaws into a massive yawn.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei's ears perked, and she would have looked extremely happy to hear his voice. He ran his way, with a prance in her step. She arrived, a sad look in her eyes but a wide smile on her muzzle. "Terry!" She went up to him and prodded him with her nose before bouncing back. She felt up to playing, not thinking if he was tired and just wanted to take her mind off of things. "Can we play?"
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terry!

maybe he'd call her korey! but that was basically her name already. or... he could say julie, or, korma, or... who was he kidding, it wasn't worth his time to fight this nickname that, for whatever reason, korei insisted on calling him. suck it up, big guy.

there was also this thing of play, that she mentioned. korei had a habit of making terance be active when he really just wanted to lie down. but she looked stressed out, or something, and he really couldn't say no to girls. so after a quick stretch, terance gave a quick bounce and a wave of his tail. "if you want!" he exclaimed, trying to sound enthusiastic, but still sounding a bit groggy. maybe they ought to move away from these cliffs, though...

"only if you can catch me!" but she probably could, terance was slow as a slug. regardless, he took off, giving her a playful shove as he moved past, into the territory and away from the cliffs.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei bounded around, and as soon as he started moving she bolted after him. She managed to catch up easily, and even booped him with her nose along the way as she hurried past. "I got you, I got you!" she said, stopping for a moment in front before moving back on her way in this game of chase. 

But she soon stopped as she caught a glance of the stars, she had dared to look up. And all thoughts immediately went to Galaxy. Her smile was gone, replaced by nothing but a blank expression.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
their romping was short lived, and terance was thankfully because boy was he winded already. when he turned to take off after her, he saw she was stopped and turned towards him-- looking sad. his own expression dropped, taking on one of concern. his ears splayed. "korei?" he tested, slowly approaching his friend, "what's up?"
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
She didn't notice Terance till he was close, and she slowly turned her head to him, her lip trembling. She couldn't help it when she dove for his shoulder, suddenly crying like she usually did. "Galaxy! Galaxy!" She was practically almost screaming the name out of pain and sadness.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
oh boy, this happened so fast. terance didn't handle much well-- he couldn't recall the last time he'd been around someone crying... much less cried himself. suddenly, korei was in his shoulder, wailing, and the only thing he could do was stand-- shocked and feeling very awkward. after a few moments passed for him to wrap his brain around it, he found himself sitting, pressing his chin to her shoulder. he'd done it for wraen once, and it'd seemed to help. he didn't really say anything though, words seemed to fail him.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei had been crying for only god knows how long till soon she finished, wiping at her face while sniffing. She looked to Terance, and then found herself staring at him through blurry vision from teary eyes. She tore her gaze away, feeling her face get warm and flustered. "I-I'm so sorry for that..." she apologized, sniffling. She glanced at his shoulder, just wanting to cry more but she wasn't sure now if she should have in the first place.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
he just sort of sat there, still feeling awkward but eventually feeling... less awkward, kind of, anyway. by the time she pulled away terance's shoulder was pretty damp, but he tried to ignore it, focusing instead on korei. "no, no it's okay.. don't worry about it," he said, trying to calm her down, "are you okay?" that was a really stupid question, because obviously not, but he wasn't good with this kind of stuff. terance was good at just existing and letting everyone else say what they wanted to him-- that was his idea of counseling.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
She shook her head. She was beyond hurting, far from okay. Pain encircled her heart, tightened her chest. "I-I'm no-not" she responded, hiccupping a little. "Galaxy, I was c-close to...now she's gone!" And once more, she threw herself at Terance again, crying again.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
galaxy seemed to be causing a lot of problems with his packmates. the cerberus for one, and then rannoch and now even sweet korei julia. it made sense, terance wasn't baffled by it, he just felt bad he couldn't empathize with them... what a terrible friend he was. she wailed again, and he merely watched her with a soft, sad gaze. god he was so useless. she pressed herself against him, and he found the only thing he could think to do-- once again-- was press his chin to her shoulder. "it... it'll..." he started to tell her that it would be okay, but, that was absolute garbage, galaxy was dead... that wasn't okay. but she, she would be okay. "you're okay, rei, you're okay," he murmured softly, letting her sink further into him, still sobbing.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
She shook her head against his fur, she didn't want to be okay. "I want G-Galaxy to be okay! I want Galaxy back!" She felt her legs fold under her as she slid down along Terance to the ground, still desperately trying to hold her face against him.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
awkwardly-- not so much feeling anymore as position wise, korei was beginning to slump against him and he was having trouble holding her up-- terance shifted. he curled, almost, around her protectively, letting her push herself against his chest and shoulder, putting his head on top of hers. between sobs, she spoke, and terance could mostly make out what she was saying. his ears splayed-- he really wasn't the wolf for this... why couldn't rannoch be here?

"i'm sorry, korei," was all he could think to say, just letting her get out whatever she needed to get out.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei heard his words, they seemed soft in her ears. Comforting. She once again removed herself from his shoulder, and found herself staring again. But this time, she did nook away. She only tipped her head a little, blinking. Her heart fluttered like that of a butterfly's wings. 

"T...Terance?" she managed to say, srtill not looking away. What was this feeling? Her heart felt yearning for more comfort, something to distract her from the pain. Or perhaps, someone.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
her sobs quieted, her breathing still heavy but she wasn't shaking or heaving anymore. he moved his own head back, forcing his neck into an uncomfortable position, but she looked like she was doing something-- or wanted his attention, or something, so he tried to give it to her... she really had never lost it to begin with. "yeah?" he asked, wondering what she was about to say. she sounded like she had a question, and hoo boy terance had no answers.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei felt herself leaning forward, but not for his shoulder. It was as if she was trying to find something among his facial features, she didn't even know herself why she was moving toward him. She leaned against his neck, taking in his scent. She couldn't regain herself, her heart sought comfort, companionship. Something to fill the hole in her heart, to replace the sadness and the sorrow. She felt so broken, so useless. She wanted a use, wanted to be needed. "I need...I need something to replace this...this pain I have." It took a lot of willpower to hold back more sobs.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
oh that was relatable. terance suddenly found himself sort of distant from korei-- whatever she'd said threw his head in a loop, and he struggled to get a grip on the current situation. he was quiet for a minute, suddenly swimming in problems he'd tried to bury deep. when he got ahold of himself, still feeling a bit muddy, he just let out a soft sigh. "i'm sorry, korei, i can't help," he said softly, sadly. there was nothing to replace it, you just suffered until you've done all the suffering you could-- and then you were healed. that's just how it worked.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei found herself stunned by his words, after the silence. That's when she collected herself, and a combination of embarassment and sadness seized her expression. She felt her eyes tearing up again for the third time, and she couldn't bear to hear Terance more. Or even look at him, she was angry at herself for even letting herself get that way, a way she'd never been. So many emotions, it drove her to run, to seek out a place to hide, far from it all.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
suddenly, korei was staring at him with big eyes and then-- off. like alya had-- god damn it-- korei took off. terance this time stood and took a few steps after her, muttering a quick "whoa, whoa wait," but it wasn't enough. he just really was equipped to handle problems like this-- and man did it show. he stood for a few minutes, trying to think of what to do, before ultimately deciding korei probably needed to be alone, and left to go to find somewhere to sleep for the night.