Firestone Hot Springs the river's sins gonna wash me clean
165 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The spring burned, the heat searing her skin. She hadn't meant to return, remembering the cold, the chill, that came after. But the river had led her here, after she'd left behind the ghost, the fog a distance beacon that had drawn her near. She slipped between the pools, the only sound the ripple of water and claw on stone, until finally sinking into one of the deeper pools. Her gaze fluttered closed as she drew in breath, fire-kissed girl sinking completely beneath the water, until the world was only weightless warmth. 

For a moment, she was at ease - her mind stilled, the water burned away all that was filthy. But pain pulled at her lungs, and the heat began to feel destructive, and her mind began to turn again. She broke the surface again, gasping, panic suddenly reaching deep, swift and brutal. She remembered him, the things he'd done, how he'd completely and utterly reduced her. Strangled gasp escaped her as her gaze blinked shut again, focusing on the water, the burn, until her mind cleared, slowly, and the tension leaked from her once more.
did you hear the sun go down?
silent as a child I found
hiding in the midnight of my soul
I am ready now to let her go
22 Posts
Ooc —
the steam had drawn her in. she had never seen such a thing before, a mist in the middle of winter. the thought of warmth soothed her, creating the desire to stand in the steam and escape the bitter cold. as she drew near, a light splash alerted her that not only were there pools of hot water nearby, but also that some sort of creature occupied them. Squinting, she apporached the pools, the steam swirling around her and warming her, chasing away the cold, not unlike the comforting touch of a lover. 

Her focus returned to the tawny she wolf who stood right in the middle of one of the pools... and suddenly Kaevo wished to join her. bathing in the hot water was an experience that she definitely wished to have. but perhaps not yet.

Are you okay? she asked, a bit iincredulous, a single brow lifting quizzically. What the agouti female was doing seeemed possibly dangerous, possibly wonderful. Kaevo had no clue.  
165 Posts
Ooc —
Words broke her reverie, harsh and dissconant against the silence that had graced her ears for so long. Gaze snapped open to fall on him; and dark and lean angles, and she surged. To her surprise, the movement was not away, to flee into the night, but forward, towards the imposer, eyes wild with fear and desperation, fangs bared and fur on end as she lunged at the stranger, realizing only after she'd moved that the stranger's eyes were wrong.

Her fangs snapped shut on empty air a foot before the female, the woman crashing backwards in haste, water erupting from the pool. Logic broke the heat of her emotion, this was a woman. After days of numb, the sudden anger, fear and failure was jarring, and as she backed up the opposite side of the pool, she did nothing but pant and stare at the woman, ears plastered to her crown.
22 Posts
Ooc —
umber eyes enlarged in surprise, leaving kaevo in decided puzzlement.  not a moment later the woman's face transformed into a vision of anger and insanity, whilst she surged forward with a snarl and her jaws reached for the sable girl. kaevo lurched backward,  deftly attempting to dance away from the attack,  but there was no need.  Lunging jaws snapped far short of where she had been standing and then the agouti woman was retreating to the rear edge of the pool. 

wh-what... kaevo had no guess about this behavior at first.  why not go through with the attack? it was almost as if she had been mistaken for someone else. are you fucking insane? she wondered,  truly curious,  without much anger in her tone. 

165 Posts
Ooc —
She stared at the woman, already the image of pitiful fear; ears plastered to her crown and tail tucked close, the chill raking through her fur. Was she insane? The immediate answer would be no, but she hesitated, and let doubt creep into the hollow places of he thoughts. She made a soft sound as she contemplated the possibility before abruptly casting out from her mind, of half a mind to pull herself from the water, but the cold burned in a way the heat had not, and she remained half in and half out of the pool. "go away" came her words finally, shaky, near pleading.
22 Posts
Ooc —
the woman was groveling at the rear of the pool, eyes shining with what Kaevo perceived to be mortal terror. the sable  woman twitched her ears back and lowered herself, hoping to make herself appear less of a threat. she pitied the terrified creature, although she was also somewhat fearful. those eyes were crazed  and possibly very pained. what had happened to her, to make her act this way? Kaevo lowered her voice. I can go away, she spoke. but, is there something I can help you with? previous  anger dissipated  and her caring heart made itself known.