Moonspear and there's blood on your hands
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
Private 
set the night of this thread

cool. yes. cool. okay. sweet. he could do it. this was fine. all was swell

terance was on his way to do something crazy-- but was it that crazy? he'd done this numerous times before and every time it failed. he failed. what made tonight so different? alya claimed it was his approach-- he had to be... douchier, apparently. which, fine, he could totally do that, but on lyra? it felt weird. but, if it worked he wouldn't complain-- he'd been too down about this for too long. 

he held a rabbit in his jaws... because alya told him to kill for her and he really didn't have some one to kill. he'd tried to kill a bear once, though he wasn't sure that counted-- it'd almost killed him. but he thought this would be enough... it had to be enough. this had to work.

"terance!" he heard the call, "you up for a night-time patrol?" he swung around to see the handsome face of @Rannoch, his tail flicking. couldn't he see he was clearly in a rush? "not tonight," he said through the rabbit, ears cupped forward. oof, well that demanded some sort of explanation. had terance ever brought lyra up to rannoch? he couldn't remember. slowly, he dropped the carcass and looked back up to rannoch-- he could spare some time. he shuffled, kind of embarrassed-- suddenly. "did i ever tell you, i've kind of got a thing for... uh... lyra."
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Although Rannoch had suspected that Terance had been busy, he had still felt the need to reach out to his friend. He understood that his friend had a previous engagement, as it appeared to be dinnertime, and nodded in reply to the rejection of his invitation. "Another time," he promised with a smile. 

Just as Rannoch was about to turn away from Terance, a peculiar inquest was asked. "No, you haven't," Rannoch replied with an unmistakable look of curiosity; he had never suspected that Terance had feelings for Lyra. "Is that for her?" he asked and motioned to the rabbit that Terance had placed at his paws.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
that was good news to terance, because he'd always worried it was waaaaaay to obvious that he had feelings for her. alya knew-- he was pretty positive hydra knew. and wraen even made suggestions of it the moment they reunited. but maybe he'd just been self conscious about it. he gave a weak smile and a shrug of his shoulders. "yeah, i guess," he responded with a knit of his brows. rannoch had a mate... and liffey was nice on the eyes, terance wondered...

"i was told i needed to be more forward... and maybe a lil', uh, smoldering," he said, snorting a little at his own word choice. what would rannoch think of that? he left out who told him that-- for his own sake, truthfully-- and the part about killing for her... since rannoch was pretty weirded out by the whole cerberus and gannet and vaati situation-- not to say he wasn't just a little bit as well.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"Smoldering?" Rannoch repeated as he regarded Terance with a curious expression. Rannoch had not idea what the word meant, and he contemplated what it meant. After a prolonged pause, Rannoch asked, "Like.... acting... like you're hot stuff?" 
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"yeah-- i guess so. bolder? maybe, i guess is a better word. i dunno, i was told i keep pussyfooting around it," he explained-- half rambled-- with a slight kick of his foot. pussyfooting. the term stuck with him for a few reasons, but he repeated it to rannoch for some kind of emphasis. he let out a light huff. "girls really like bold?" he asked with a quirk of his brow. alya was a girl, and that's what she said... so it must be true, but rannoch had experience with this kind of stuff. terance had been out of service for... quite a while.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch's eyes lit up with recognition as Terance elaborated. It made sense now; he wanted to impress Lyra. When prompted of whether or not women liked men who were forward, Rannoch took a moment to recall the times in which Liffey had been fond of him acting in such a way. 

"Yeah, Liffey doesn't like it when I pussyfoot around," Rannoch said with an edge of amusement in his tone; he had never heard of the word pussyfoot, and found it funny. "But, I can't say that's what every woman is like. Some might not like it," he advised his friend, as Liffey was the only woman that Rannoch had wooed. 

"What have you tried with her so far?" asked Rannoch, wondering if they could use Terance's previous failures to construct a victory. "And how did she act?" he added, wondering if she had shown any interest in him.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
his brow furrowed. he began sorting through memories and words. he'd tried... well, nothing really... uh, solid-- and he wasn't about to let that mess tumble out of his mouth. "we've stargazed, kind of. and i've asked to do it again with her but... i mean we're just always so busy, ran, i never have time..." he trailed off. what a terrible excuse. he shook his head. "that's a terrible excuse," he vocalized, brows still knitted together. 

then, with a roll of his shoulders, terance added, "but i'm gonna do somethin about it today."
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Recollections of Terrance's experiences with Lyra tumbled out of his mouth, leaving Rannoch to interpret the little information he had. It appeared as though they hadn't had a lot of time to be with each other, and Rannoch frowned at the reality of the situation. Without spending time together, Terance would have fewer opportunities to court Lyra. 

When his friend mentioned that he was going to take action, Rannoch cupped his ears forward, tilted his head, and prompted, "How are you going to do that?" 
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance puffed his chest out a little, summoning a little more of the confidence and courage he'd gained from alya's comments about his... uh, charm. "i'm gonna find her. i killed this rabbit for her-- and i'm gonna... just..." his tongue wrapped around his words again. what was he gonna do, exactly? he huffed.

"i promised we could go stargazing, or something-- a while back," he replied. he didn't have any real course of action-- but was he supposed to? there was no right way to do any of this... terance didn't think. he hesitated again.

"that might sound lame, i dunno, but lyra and i met before i joined moonspear-- out in the glen? we just looked at stars together... and it was just such a feeling ran, i've never been able to forget it-- or her. that sounds stupid, i know... especially since i've been here for so long and never like... done anything about it but... it didn't seem like a priority, like if it happened again i'd just get that feeling again. but... it hasn't-- and that's my fault, and i gotta just redo it. and like actually make a move, like-- tell her how i feel. or... or something."

and then, finally, terance was silent, and his face was on fire. oh that was so much speaking-- terance didn't ever speak that much, and especially not in such a... jittery manner. he ducked his head, embarrassed he'd rambled in front of rannoch for so long... about something so... stupid. but he snuck a look back to see how his friend looked-- how he was reacting to all that.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
There was a likeness in Terance's plan to what Rannoch had previously done for Liffey, and he couldn't help the knowing smiling the slithered upon his dark lips.  "It doesn't sound lame at all," he assured. "It's actually what I did when I took Liffey on our first date." There was a fondness in his eyes as he spoke. 

"It's a great plan— I don't see why it wouldn't work for you and Lyra." After all, Terance was a respectable young man; there was nothing Rannoch could imagine about his friend that would turn Lyra away. "You're a good guy, Terance, and I'm sure that Lyra is going to see that," he said, offering the guardian an encouraging smile.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
aw, hell yeah. terance could've teared up right there-- but he wouldn't, cause that was lame. but that was super cool of rannoch to say, and terance's appreciation showed, he smiled a toothy smile, his  tail wiggling a little bit at his hocks. "aw, damn dude, you think so?" he asked, but knew rannoch wouldn't say something negative to him after that-- especially not now. terance gave a quick look to the side, still grinning, ears pricked. "i'm gonna go find her!" he said with a gentle puff of his chest, "thanks, ran, i appreciate it." 

and with a quick bump to his friends shoulder, terance ducked to pick up the rabbit and began off, still in confident, high spirits.