Stone Circle I say hello!
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
All Welcome 
Sorry for the lack of icon - haven’t found the right one yet. I’m gonna have Lennon right outside Stone Circle, he’s not looking to cause harm only searching for a place to join (gonna check out more than one place). You’re welcome to chase him off if you’d like, since he won’t be howling.

Moving through the snow covered ground in a prance-like walk, gracefully leaping over fallen trees or climbing atop small boulders. A melodic hum spilled from his throat, his silky tail swaying to the beat of his tune. The interesting odor of a pack was in no way avoidable, he knew where he was and managed to keep a cautious distance from the border. Though he wasn’t cautious enough to just leave and avoid trouble. Yes, he wished to speak to someone about the enthralling idea of a home in the most perishable of seasons. No, he wouldn’t go out of his way to get them to notice him. Perhaps a pack that doesn’t keep strong watch on their perimeter doesn’t deserve him (as though he was worth deserving). 

His low hums escalated to a whispered song. “You say goodbye, and I say hello, I don’t know why you say goodbye. I say hello!” Every step in the snow followed the somewhat quick rhythm of the song. His head began to slightly bob along as well. This often occurred, his thoughts and surroundings completely getting lost as he delve into a song. So much so he began to reach a bit too close to the edge of neutral territory without realizing. 

His begging stomach was even unnoticed, fortunately throughout this winter he’s been able to keep his physique rather healthy, only going slightly more slim than usual. He felt that was made up by his gained muscle from simple traveling so much in proven difficult terrain. Of course it was nothing he wasn’t use to, coming from farther north. His whispers turned into a complete voice, singing out his song without any care. More so without any sense. “I say hello. Hello, hello! I don't know why you say goodbye!” 

As he caroled, the young wolf made his way upon a rock jutting out of snow, the freezing weather didn’t faze his mood. In fact it wasn’t even evident anymore. He now stood atop his self claimed podium, no where near the state of the world around him.
living is easy with eyes
closed
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
His singing was what drew her, the sheepdog pausing in her search for food (it seemed to be what she spent much of her time doing these days) and trotting towards the border, where the singing grew in volume. She saw him then, perched atop a rocky outcrop as if it were a podium, song bursting from him. She contemplated, though she'd garnered that only desperate wolves ate other wolves (and by extent, dogs) and that this one seemed rather happy with himself. 

"hello?" Called the sheepdog, tail wagging behind her and bat-like ears pushed forward to catch the nonsense words, never before having heard a wolf sing. It was an activity that seemed beneath them, or so she'd thought, but she learned more and more about her wild brethren every day, it seemed.
Adopt my pups!               
[Image: SXBUara.jpg]
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
”I say -“ His song was interrupted by the greeting of another, he was suddenly pulled back into reality, his eyes now transfixed on the strange smelling canine before him, “hello!” The song seemed to tie in perfectly with her arrival. His voice was still upbeat and kind, but he was enthralled with the odd looking girl. The young male swiftly dropped from the protruding stand and back onto the plush snow. It was a relief to find her so cheery herself, but he didn’t think of this dog to be much a threat in any sense. 

”I haven’t crossed into your territory, right?” An accent was now tinged in the boys voice. His mind didn’t alter much from how captivating the stranger was, even inching closer despite not wanting to enter pack grounds. ”You’re a dog, right?” It hadn’t even occurred to him that he had asked two questions, his deep honey eyes captured by the stranger. She was almost as engrossing as his songs.
living is easy with eyes
closed
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Quite suddenly his focus fell to her, un upbeat greeting following her own, unsure, hello. She smiled, nerves put at ease, and watched as he dropped down from the rock with a grace that seemed to come naturally to the wolves. He was quick to ask whether he'd trespassed, to which she responded with a quick shake of her head and an "I don't think so."  She was a little ways past the borders, but she wasn't sure how picky a pack was about them; having been with Easthollow for only a couple weeks. 

He inched closer, seemingly intrigued, and she dipped her head in affirmation. "I'm a collie, a sheepdog." She elaborated, though truthfully it was getting a little old, having to affirm or explain her species to everyone she came across. Still, she couldn't expect to meld into the Wilds seamlessly.
Adopt my pups!               
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Lennon’s eyes gleamed with interest, his tail even shifting slightly with amusement. ”Fancy that!” She was quite riveting, but he assumed gawking does get old after a while. ”Strange to see one part of a pack.” He admitted, not delving into the more vile outcome of most dogs attempting to communicate with wolves. He now learned these wolves were more accepting of differences, something he liked but didn’t find necessary in his new home. 

”What made you join, then?” He didn’t want to be too invasive, but also didn’t give much care if he was. Being so interested in something often removed whatever thin filter he had. Only now did it become somewhat apparent of the frigid air, but managed to ignore it as much as he could.
living is easy with eyes
closed
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
His gaze gleamed with interest, and for a moment she wondered if he was interested to know whether or not he could eat her (Illecebra had warned her of stranger border wolves, hadn't she?) but dismissed the notion. He seemed a happy sort of friendly, and she could imagine him eating one of his ow species, let alone herself. Perhaps she was reading to far into the whole cannibalism thing, but Murdock's talk had raised a few concerns. 

She answered nonchalantly, however, not quite delving into the depths of their deal. "I met a good wolf that offered me a place to stay. He didn't think I'd survive the winter - this is my first alone." Her plans had been vague, and she'd refused to acknowledge that death lurked behind the next snow squall, but without Murdock she may very well have been wasting away at this point. Her first winter had been spent in the company of her family and the kind master, the one that allowed the family inside when the nights got very cold, and gave them free roam of the barn. It had been a good life; but one she didn't miss, for it too had been simple and empty.
Adopt my pups!               
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Her response instantly gave the pack more brownie points in Lennon’s mind, to be so accepting was definitely up his alley - a friend is a friend no matter how small (or dog-like)! ”Ah, this is my first one alone too! I’m from way up North though, so I’m used to it.” Lennon attempted to relate, of course he didn’t have the troubles a dog would in these conditions, especially from a different place. Death wasn’t exactly a high chance for him. There was a high chance he’d be revisiting this territory after he had the chance to roam some more. 

”You like it here? Seems they’re awful nice.” Just the idea of warming up to these wolves gave him a bit of excitement and his tail began to wag slightly.
living is easy with eyes
closed
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
She was rather interested to hear that the wolf came from the north, for her mother had said that her father had come from there, too. She hadn't said much else about him, and thus the sheepdog had clung to the grain of knowledge fiercely. "up north?", she echoed with a cant of her muzzle, plopping down into the snow as she began to feel much more comfortable with the entire situation. 

She dipped her head sincerely at the question, tail dusting the snow behind her. "yes - Valette seemed a little scary at first, but I think she's nice. She's the alpha."  She informed him with a backward flick of her ears, remembering her first meeting with the woman.
Adopt my pups!