Wapun Meadow mystery of love
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
All Welcome 
AW but tags for @Mawk & @Illecebra <3

She wasn't much more than a wisp in her current state. Of course, that's what happened when a child went and got themselves lost. Rowana had nothing to show for her adventures other than an empty stomach and willowy form. This was supposed to be a period of growing into an adult frame yet she still seemed so small, fragile against the world.

Her spirits were still high, though! Exhaustion eating away at her but she did her best to smile through it all. Rowana kept putting one worn paw in front of the other. She just had to keep imagining warm thoughts. The feeling of her parents up against her or the shelter from the wind that a den provided. Her tail swayed easily behind her.

She could feel the warmth already. Or perhaps that was the cold getting to her a bit too much.
"And some days I think I'd feel better if I tried harder
Most days I know it's not true"
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
<3

The man still held the hope for his daughter strong within his heart - partly because he did not want to get his own, nor Illecebra's, drive to continue searching down, and partly because he truly believed she was out there somewhere. She had always been a strong, fiesty girl, and he had no doubts that she could make it on her own one day. But she had been so young when she went missing. Too young to survive on her own, it was a wonder if she was still alive. But Mawk did not let go of this hope that kept him going, for Rowana was not only fiesty but she was smart, and he was certain she could have found something to allow her life to last a little longer while on her own.

And he was right, it seemed - the male had not expected to see the willowy figure crossing the Valley so close to the home of the Easthollow wolves, and when his disbelieving gaze strained to peer more closely at the figure, he couldn't help but further approach. His heart, by now, was thrumming rapidly and he felt each beat pound inside his chest. If this was his daughter...

He let out a chuff, signalling his presence while he swiftly closed the distance between them. Don't get your hopes up too high because it might not be her. But the closer he got, the more it seemed true. Like a wish, he concluded, for each night he had spent wishing for Rowana's return and he clung to the idea that this was not a dream like part of his mind suggested.
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
The masked girl could have sworn her imagination was far too real. She had just been imaging being snuggled tight between her family when a familiar form came into view. Brows furrowed for a brief moment, squinting, as she tried to confirm or deny what she was seeing. It couldn't be, could it? Perhaps her exhaustion had settled in so much that she was truly seeing her father. He looked so real - even smelled real!

"Dad?" She called out weakly taking a few bold steps towards the approaching figure. "Dad!" Rowana managed to be a little more lively this time. Bright eyes that once seemed dull with tired and loneliness burst at the seams with pure joy. Her underweight form was ready to make contact with the sturdy form of her father even if she might not handle rough housing so well just yet.

Her tail whipped behind her, a soft delicate whine from her filling the air between them.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Closing the distance between the two of them, his eyes struggled to focus on the features to work out whether this really was his lost daughter. Mawk's black-tipped paws sped up in their approach, kicking up a little bit of snow as he broke into a steady jog, eyes wide and breath coming in short gasps of frosted air. Rowana?

When at last he was close enough to drink in her appearance with his fiery eyes, he halted his movements and took one step back as if to better look at her. It.... it was... he was sure! He was certain this was her! And she called him dad, which made his heart almost stop. His Rowana, she was home? She had found them again, like Cebra had said she might - she had said Cyron's return and news of Burr's safety was a sign that all their children would return. It seemed she had been right.

"R...Ro?" He mumbled, moving closer as a tear sprung to his eye. Rowana.... Ro.... she was alive. She was here.
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
sorry for the wait! :c @Mawk

Had she been in better shape to be feisty perhaps she would have rolled her eyes. Of course it was her! Ro! Despite a lacking form she was still the honey furred girl with a mask of earthen tones. She was still, for the most part, her normal self. If she could have it her way everything would go back to normal and her wayward travels would have been nothing more than a long dream.

Yes! Yes! She finally found the voice to cry out in response. Rowana wanted to seek out the warmth of her father's coat. For once the confident girl didn't care if her parents scolded her. She was just happy to even seem them. Well, one of them for now.

I missed you. Rowana spoke softly. She was doing her best to not cry despite all of the emotions bubbling inside of her.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
It's ok! :)

The moment the confirmation left her muzzle, the man urgently pressed closer and touched his nose to her neck as he sought to bring comfort. "I missed you". I missed you too, his simple actions spoke, tongue sending gentle licks to her cheek as a soft smile stretched across his face. Rowana had returned.

His voice caught in his throat, and he fell silent for a moment, words escaping him. He felt overwhelmed with the sudden and overpowering joy that filled his body, and he closed his eyes for a few heartbeats. Once he found himself able to speak again, Mawk took one step back. "Where... where did you go?" His voice, though inquiring with a raise of his brow, was touched with emotion that matched that of the joy dancing in his eyes.
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
She would have laughed at his question had she not been so tired. I went to find something to bring home to mom and you. I didn't realize how far out I had gone and by then I was lost! The most crushing detail of all was that she had nothing to show for her time away except for her thin frame. Perhaps she should have stayed gone till she found something worthwhile. Granted Rowana knew that in the grand scheme of things she likely would have ended up withering into nothing had she been gone a few more weeks.

Are...are you mad? The honey-kissed girl knew that her father had every right to be but that didn't make the pill any easier to swallow.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
At the explanation for his daughter's disappearance, Mawk felt his heart catch in his chest for a moment. She had been looking for something to give to he and Cebra. She got lost wanting to get them a gift. Oh, he did love Rowana more than he spoke aloud - perhaps he should voice his love more often. It was clear the pale girl thought he might be mad but no, he was not angry in the slightest. Thoughtfulness would not have anger given in return - her intentions were innocent, and very much sweet, so he would cherish he had a daughter so caring. Despite her clear ability to be fiesty like her mother, there was real love there in her heart somewhere - he was glad that it showed occasionally. 

"Of course I'm not mad. I'm overjoyed to have you back, silly." The man teased, gently licking at her head once more. "Your mother is going to smother you in kisses. I'd prepare yourself, it's almost scary to watch her go." He giggled lightly, recounting how she had snuggled Cyron.
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
One more from each of us to go ahead and wrap it up? we can have a more updated thread for them<3

She held a sly smile at his teasing as her tail beat at the brisk air behind her. Her bright eyes closed as he licked his head. While her time away had been an adventure to be had, Rowana did not mind being home again. The presence of her parents (granted only one was currently present) was perhaps the greatest thing the girl could ever wish to find.

I'm sure I can handle it. The masked girl said with a mischevious smile. Nothing could beat being smothered in kisses rather than being scolded. Besides, she'll have to deal with my cuddles. Rowana teased back. The girl planned on burying herself deep into her mother's warm fur once she came across her.

Do ya wanna lead the way home? She asked with a small sheepish grin. Perhaps it would be best to be led rather than wandering by her own whims.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Sounds good <3

The mischevious smile made his goofy grin widen, and his curled tail thumped gently against his back. "I wonder if your cuddles will compare to the bombardment of your mothers," The man chuckled, heart warming at the image of the two reuniting. Indeed, he was very much excited to bring his daughter back home.

"Of course, c'mon, let's go." He gestured with his head, moving to stand alongside her so that they could walk together. "It's going to be good having you home again."