Dragoncrest Cliffs Outcast Drake
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Private 
@Dalia

Arrille kept to the borders, where he was tasked to remain. He had been looking about for others in the pack, if any came toward the outskirts of the pack. He was, admitedely feeling a bit lonely out there, having not met anyone just yet. He wondered briefly how Furi was doing, not knowing he had in a way thrown her under the bus.
settling their restless wings
384 Posts
Ooc —
so sorry for the wait!
She'd been slow on keeping up with the newer members, and thus when she bumped (literally) into the flank of a stranger, she whipped backward and bristled, trying for all the world to make her petite form look somewhat menacing. Her head had been downcast, attention on the scent she'd been tracking. For a moment, she was stiff and a tense mixture of shock and anger, but it faded as logic kicked in, and upon inspection, she recognized the scents of packmates on the boy's fur. "hello. sorry. I thought - sorry." She blurted, ears tilted sideways as she deflated.
trigedasleng will be in blue.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille almost jumped up from where he was when someone bumped against his flank, and surpried him. He whirled around to see a rather agressive wolf standing before him. They quickly calmed down however, and Arrille was rather shocked to suddenly see them there. "Uh, no no, it was my fault. I was just standing there, in the way" he replied. "I, um...I'm Arrille."
384 Posts
Ooc —
"I was not looking where I was going."  She admitted, tilting her ears forward and setting her tail to wag softly behind her. Despite herself, a little bit of smug satisfaction crept up when she realized the effect her tiny, hostile front had had on the boy. Perhaps it had been effective, after all. "I am Dalia,"  She said in response, scanning the boy and finding him to be completely unfamiliar. where are you from?" She asked, putting in extra effort to be amiable, hoping that her first impression on the boy wouldn't last.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille shrugged. "Now? No where. My home is long gone" he said. He answered in a rather somber tone, he was starting to care less and less of his lost home. Sometimes, it hit hard to mention. Sometimes, he barely cared at all. "I arrived her recently, aiming to become a fighter...What about you?" Have you been here for a while?"
384 Posts
Ooc —
Well, he certainly seemed depressing. Still, her tail twitched curiously, wondering at the lost place this boy came from. Silence on the matter seemed best, however, and the girl was mildly interested in the trade this boy strived towards. "a guardian, or a warrior?" She asked, knowing there to be a great difference between the two. She answered his second question after a beat, saying only, "I was born here." 
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
That, Arrille had not thought about. "Well, which one includes fighting?" he asked, with a hint of a smirk. "A guardian, I suppose." He had been told to patrol, so if that was what a guardian was, than that would be his go to choice. 

He guessed as much, as Dalia was indeed quite young. "Who's your parents here?" he asked, curious as to who, and if he had met them before.
384 Posts
Ooc —
She was interested when he said guardian - she'd never be, nor did she wish to become, a warrior; her tiny frame meant others would have the obvious advantage. But defensive fighting - that could be useful. "I don't know much about fighting, but I'd like to learn - at least enough so that I'm not totally helpless in a fight." She admitted, answering his next question a beat later. As she grew, her shyness faded fast, especially after she'd come to the realization that it would only hinder her. Besides, the world had yet to hurt her. "Dio, and Portia. My mother's a healer, and my fathers gone to fight."  She didn't mention Sirio, he'd been distant, lately, and she wasn't exactly keen to admit that she was related to a Branwoda.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"Well..." he sstarted to say, as he had an idea in mind. Then again, he thought against it, as he though that her looking so young, he might end up crushing her head or something along those lines. "Nevermind, it's nothing...thing when your father get's back, he could teach me?" he asked with a curious, almost hopeful look.
384 Posts
Ooc —
His trailing well was met with a hawkish stare, the girl hating sentences that faded into it's nothing. It was never nothing, and she was quick to say, "what is it?" She blinked, answering his next question anyways, voice contemplative. "I think he would." Surely her father, or any of the fighters, would be happy teaching someone passionate about it?
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"Well, I was...I was wondering if you would like to spar, but I don't want to..." End up crushing you? Hurting you? He didn't want to face the wrath of the heda in case he did end up doing so. He was glad to hear that her father would possibly be up to it, as he wanted to learn as soon as possible.
384 Posts
Ooc —
The boy's words had her ears tilt back to touch her crown a moment, the sylph's weight shifting. He hadn't finished his thought (yet again) but Dalia could guess at what he meant well enough. He did not seek to harm her, hurt her, and while the girl spurned the notion that he would, she knew already that she was not meant to be a fighter; was not built for it and did not love it as her packmates did. Was there harm in that? She'd thought so, still did, for surely her worth in a pack strong as Drageda ought to plummet if she could not fight, could not stand for herself. But did her mother not fight, and yet still was a respected healer, respected member? Perhaps she ought to abandon the idea entirely in lieu of other trades, learn more of the stars that she loved so, the herbs and plants that fascinated her so raptly. 

Subdued by her own thoughts, she looked to the boy, bi-coloured gaze soft. Rationalizing her thoughts did not dismiss them entirely, and besides, it had been a long while since she'd sparred; perhaps, somehow, she'd gotten better. "I would like to try," The sylph admitted, though her gaze was slightly unsure, both over the prospect of sparring, and doing so with a near stranger.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille tipped his head a little as he awaited an answer to the question, amd she eventually gave an answer. "Ah, okay..." he replied with a pause after. He got into a sort-of play stance, readying himself for the spar. "You...you ready?" he asked to Dalia, as he was ready when she was. 

Wanna do it by dice rolls?