Blacktail Deer Plateau the river don't run dry
165 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
She skirted the territory nearest to the wall, searching for the little pool she'd found, nestled among the rock. The sun burned with a dull anger, the light turning the sparkling snow into a blinding plain that stretched through the trees. And it was cold; the chill sink through her fiery coat to nestle alongside her bones, dull ache spearing through the girl, quaking as she sidestepped the boulder her pool lay nestled behind.

She ought to have expected it, but frustration speared through her as she beheld the pool. It was frozen solid, the ice thick and impenetrable. With a whine, she struck the surface with a paw; the action served only to send a bolt of pain through her ankle and elicit a dull thud from her pool. It was a trivial thing, really, but it seemed so much more than a simple frozen-over pool quite suddenly. With a small cry, she struck the ice with fury, the sharp crack of the ice coinciding with her own yelp of pain as something snapped in her limb. Gasping at the sudden pain, her gaze fell to her forelimb, bloodied, and the dew claw that lay a short distance away on the ice.
did you hear the sun go down?
silent as a child I found
hiding in the midnight of my soul
I am ready now to let her go
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
It had been a few days since Pema and Shale had brought home the timid Anatha. They had set her up in the Door. A cave like setting within the territory that was rarely touched by snow. Snow flakes would fall into it from above and land on the most likely frozen pond that rainfall from warmer seasons had created. She had been put there to keep away from the rendezous site where most of the pack stayed, including the pups. It was also rather close to Pema's den, where she would of had most of her patients stay, but these had been special circumstance. 

When she stepped into the Door that day she didn't see Anatha and began looking for her. She knew not to go to the rendezous site, but there was still very little that they knew about this girl, and with that Pema wasn't sure how much she could be trusted. She followed the girls scent and found her near the more moutain like part of the moutain that bordered their territory.

Pema wanted to ask why she wasn't by The Door, but the smell of blood in the air was a more pressing issue. She came up to the females side and saw that she was on her forelimbs, speckles of blood showing on the snow. "What happened she asked?" she asked before looking to find a detatched dew claw close by.
165 Posts
Ooc —
The hurt speared through the dull cloud of thoughts that plagued her, having the girl gasp at the sudden clarity of the pain. She grit her teeth, wincing as she pulled the limb closer to her, sitting back in the snow and she carefully began to clean the wound, whipping her head back and around when the approach of another startled her.

The voice belonged to Pema, and Anatha relaxed, though her shoulders were still hunched in pain. "it tore." She stated, the words sounding stronger than she'd expected, gesturing at the limb. The dewclaw was split horizontally and vertically, the quick exposed, blood discoloring the snow. She shifted, lapping at the thing in an attempt to stop the bleeding faster, gaze darting to Pema every few seconds.
did you hear the sun go down?
silent as a child I found
hiding in the midnight of my soul
I am ready now to let her go
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Anatha was now licking her wound, trying to slow the bleeding. It tore off she said, but that really wasn't what Pema was asking. She could see that, but how did it get torn in the first place. It didn't look like there was anything that might have attacked her like a fox or something. But that could be answered later. Right now she needed to stop the bleeding and get her on the road for recovery.

It wasn't one of those emergency issues, like when Dawn got stabbed, but still. "Give me a sec. I need to grab some things." she said, heading back to the Door where she should have been. It was an indoor area and one of the most likely places that she would find some intact spider webs to help stop the bleeding. 

With a stick in her muzzle she went around, search for some webs that she could wrap around the stick. Much easier then trying to bite onto it of wrap it around your paw and sturggle to get it off later. She returned and set the stick down on the ground, the side covered with webs slightly elevated. "Here. If you wrap it up with these it should help stop the bleeding." she explained.