Rising Sun Valley then it's getting louder and louder
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
All Welcome 
She'd found the scent again; feline mixed with menace, something wild. She wondered if the barn cats had wild kin like she did the wolves; it didn't seem very far a stretch, really. the thing was most definitely feline, and the tracks she investigated were fresh, fresher than the ones she'd found at the fringes of the territory. She paced a wooded grove, now, the tracks hard to follow. She shoved her head into the snow, trying to sniff out what may have been a track, before realizing that she'd lost the trail entirely. 

Her nape prickled, and warily she glanced around, alerted by some ancient instinct that something was off. Her gaze passed over it once, twice, before finally landing on the creature that stared owlishly back at her, frozen rabbit in its jaws. She gasped, taking a shaky step back at the suddenness as which she'd found the creature, perched high in the crook of a tree limb. Blinking, she took another step back when the cat began to make the same sorts of noises the barn cats would, when she'd gotten a little too annoying.
Adopt my pups!               
[Image: SXBUara.jpg]
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel changed direction after heading toward the coast. He didn't have a set direction anymore, now all he could do was become a wandering...wolf. That's when he caught a scent, the scent of...something. He spotted something canine like, but then his attention went to what the canine found. A lynx. 

Engel had no idea how he was to act, he'd seen lynxes before. Hadn't seen them get aggressive, but he knew that they could. If it did, he knew he had to act soon. For now, he tried to get closer, asses the situation before throwing himself in harm's way.
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
She inched backward, eyes on the cat as it began some sort of odd growl-wailing. When it began to shift forward on its branch did she run, twirling around and bolting through the snow, yelping as quite suddenly the figure of the fiery wolf became apparent. She sidestepped, shocked, and went sprawling head over heels in the snow, coming to a stop half-buried in the snow. She leaped up with the speed of an elastic snapping back into position, facing the wolf with wide eyes, words not quite finding their way to her tongue.
Adopt my pups!               
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel watched as she moved from the cat, then upon seeing him, she darted. Once more, great first impressions on his part. He watched as they fell and hurried over, both outo f curiosity of what they were, and to help. Once they got up, he was a bit closer but he stopped. "You, uh...you all right? Took quite a tumble."
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
The male seemed concerned, but her gaze flickered briefly to the cat before answering. Obviously unnerved by the activity, and the presence of two canines; it was making a swift retreat through the trees, soon lost among the bows. "I'm alright,"  She answered, looking back to the male. He certainly looked different than the wolves she'd seen thus far; angular and thin, his pelt was a vibrant red. "you scared me a little." She admitted with a rueful grin, tail wagging behind her once her shock had lifted, shaking the snow from her pelt and attempting to ignore the creeping cold that came with being half-covered in snow.
Adopt my pups!               
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He followd the canine's gaze to see the cat on the run, then he turned back toward the unknown canine. That seemed to be a problem of his. Either saying the wrong thing, or outright scaring someone. "Yeah, sorry about that...I did not mean to, I swear." 

He got a little closer, and sniffed at the air towards them. "Uh, I must ask...what are you?"
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
It did truly surprise her that no wolf knew what she was, save Murdock; it worried her briefly to be so far from all she knew to the point where she was unrecognized for what she was. Still, she'd rather be here, in this place wild and unexplored, then spend another long day locked into the chicken wire pen. "I'm a dog - a collie." She squinted at him a moment, asking then,  "I've never seen a wolf like you." It wasn't outright a question, but he'd asked her what she was, and surely he ought to share why he looked so different.
Adopt my pups!               
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
A...A dog? Fear struck him. He recalled that day, when those furless beings came. And with them they had canines...dogs. He backed away, falling onto his butt. "A d-dog?" Had he not know that, he would no doubt have given some remark back, like if she felt lucky to see a wolf like him.

"You...don't look like a dog" he finally said "And I've met dogs." Then again, maybe she wasn't like those other dogs. But for now, he kept his distance. "Those dogs though attacked my pack on sight..."
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Well, this was certainly a shocking, and rather enlightening, day. She'd thought herself incapable of striking fear into a wolf, least of all o the extent that she had in this wolf. Her ears perked forward, though her head canted in mild confusion until he realized what he spoke of. "oh," She said softly, understanding then what had struck such fear into the male. "I'm not one of those dogs - I herd things, not hunt them." She assured, even though it wasn't quite true. She did hunt rabbits and rodents, but was not one of the baying hounds that lusted after fox, coyote; and she supposed, wolf.
Adopt my pups!               
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel cautiously looked over the wolf. Herding things? He backtracked, and figured perhaps she was harmless. "Oh...well then, that's good to hear" he said. "So...what were you saying about not having met a wolf like me?" he asked, no longer holding a fearful look and instead a smile, coming back to where he was originally standing before backing away.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
He seemed to calm quite a bit, and the girl was relieved that her little explanation had put him at ease. Hopping a little from paw to paw, she paused a moment to pick at the worst of the snowy clumps methodically and quickly, having become quite used to the task. When he spoke, she paused in her task, giving a brisk shake she hoped would dislodge more snow. "well," She began, ears flicking, "you're very red. And the other wolves don't seem quite so - pointy."  He looked a bit like a coyote, but made of sharper, leaner angles that the others didn't seem to share.
Adopt my pups!               
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He raised a confused face, not exactly sure what she had meant by 'pointy.' "Pointy? What you mean by-" He quickly looked under, and sighed with relief to see he wasn't that kind of pointy. 

"So what else is 'odd' about me?" he asked. "I'm not too weird looking, am I? I mean, unless those I meet like weird lookers." He sat down into the snow by now, tipping his head a little. Then he gave himself a bit of a behind the ear scratch.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
To her confusion, he glanced down and under as she mentioned pointy, knowing it the wrong word to describe his angular form, but not quite expecting that reaction. Poppy suddenly wasn't quite sure if she'd insulted him, accidentally, and blinked quickly before launching into an explanation. "I don't think you look weird, really - I've just never seen a red wolf before. They've been brown and grey and white, but not - not quite like you."  She said in a bit of a rush, though his brief scratch reassured her that she probably hadn't incited him into anger. Perhaps she ought to drop the whole topic, but she was curious.
Adopt my pups!               
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He watched her reaction, and then he shrugged. "Well, I have been called weird...both in good and bad ways...what about you, do you find being weird good?" Sometimes, he had been told that being weird was kinda cute. Back in his younger years, and then he was friendzoned...well except one or two times. "Plus, I haven't seen as many red then grey or brown either."
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
He didn't quite offer an explanation for his oddness, and she wouldn't press; perhaps he didn't have one. She shrugged with a small smile, darting quickly to tug away a little ball of snow on her hock before continuing. "I'm weird, aren't I? weird isn't a bad thing, it's just different." He went on to explain that there weren't many red wolves like him about; she supposed a red wolf was rather rare. Glancing back towards the trees, she asked, "do you know what that was? that cat? it seemed upset." Perhaps she shouldn't go tracking down strange scents anymore.
Adopt my pups!               
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"Well, yes you are...a bit. But in a good way, I assure you. I mean, your something I've never seen. That's something, right?" He was honestly surprised at himself for not giving a flirt by now. Then the topic matter turned a bit more serious. "A lynx...I don't know what you were trying to pull getting close to it...I was this close to being the prince charming that saves the damsel in distress." Whether he would save her in time was another matter.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
She smiled at his somewhat halting explanation of her own oddness, deciding that she liked this wolf (as she'd liked perhaps every other wolf she'd come across, thus far) His explanation had her ears flick backward as he explained the danger of the creature, the lynx. Mentally affixing the name to the scent and the cat, she responded with a sheepish grin. "I guess it was a little stupid - It smelled like a cat, but different, and I was curious." She admitted, gaze flitting back to where it had been.
Adopt my pups!               
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"Well, curiosity is a strong feeling...It's gotten me into plenty of trouble..." He looked to the tree, but it was more of a distant look. Then he blinked, shutting out any downward thoughts. "Speaking of curiosity, might I get the name of the damsel before me?" he asked her, with a bit of a smile. "I'll give mine first. It's Engel. It rhymes with angel."  
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
He didn't guilt her for her curiosity, and his own reassurance had her feel a little less bad for her stupidity in following a Very Dangerous Cat around the valley. She smiled at his easy way of speaking, ears perked forward when he gave his name first. Humor glinted briefly in his eyes as he introduced himself as Engel rhymes with Angel, and she gave her own name freely. "I'm Poppy - I don't think it rhymes with anything exciting, though." Puppy, perhaps, but seemed a weak rhyme and was Murdock's name for her, something, oddly enough, she didn't feel like sharing.
Adopt my pups!               
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"Poppy? Like the poppy seeds? They can be...fun at times" he said. He had been pressured into trying it, it was a weird experience. A fun one, but weird. Something would not try again, unless he was pressured again. Then he thought on the name. "How about...holly. You know, the plant?" Engel had seen the plant a couple times. "Or hoppy, like if you feel...hoppy, no that's not a thing...or floppy, but that ones not so good."
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
His first remark had her brow crinkled in confusion, wondering what he meant by the 'fun' of poppy seeds. "how can seeds be fun?"  She questioned, the words sincere and intrigued. She did suppose that holly rhymed fairly well with poppy, as did his other words; well, not really. She laughed at his attempt, a light, genuine sound that had her tail beat the snow behind her in mirth.
Adopt my pups!               
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
His eyes widened, he figured she had never tried them. Part of him wanted to find some and try them with her, just a little. But his more rational side, a side rarely used said outright no. He went with it, this time. Just from experience. "Well...you eat them...then they make the world around you seem...loopy. And you feel funny, and...I'm not the best wolf to ask about it."

He laughed along with her, his own tail wagging. "I might be good at rhyming, but today's not my day in rhyming...as you can probably see."
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Having never encountered drugs, nor ever been spoken to about them by mother and siblings, the idea that a plant could make things loopy and fun had her sharply interested, eyes rounding. She was suddenly quite interested in the flowers she'd never given much thought, and her ears perked as she asked, "how does it work? I'd like to try that, I think."  Perhaps it was foolish to ignore the fact that her previous stupidity had almost gotten her killed. She grinned when Engel said it wasn't his day for rhyming, the easy-going wolf growing on her quickly, in some ways reminding her of the ease in which her brother acted and spoke, the lightness in him.
Adopt my pups!               
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel opened his mouth to answer. He wasn't even sure. "Uh...Well, if you find o- actually, that might be a bad idea...I mean, small doses are fun and..." He couldn't even think of what to say anymore. Half wanted to try, and half knew it was a terrible idea. "You know what? You find one, I'll show you. Only a little bit, but that is it." He wasn't going to say how to find them, however. But the name 'poppy' would give plenty explanation, if Poppy had ever seen a poppy flower. Then again, in the snow it wouldn't be so easy.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
He seemed a little hesitant, something that made the girl a little wary; she wasn't completely stupid. But she was intrigued enough by the supposed effects of her namesake that she dipped her head when Engel agreed to find some, slight grin on her muzzle as her tail flicked behind her and she rose, her rear getting a little cold. "should I wait here, then?"  She asked, willing to wait is it meant she'd learn about what the male spoke off, blinking curiously at him.
Adopt my pups!