Firestone Hot Springs I'll Be Gone, Gone Away
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Sometime after this thread

Before he left this area for no doubt forever, he wanted one last stop. The hot springs he had enjoyed. He sunk down into the water, sighing out of satisfaction. Even if he would only be for a short while, he wanted to spend as much of it as he could in peace, and quiet. To enjoy his first moment of freedom from a pack...despite having left with a heavy heart.

@Pema
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
The health talk was over and right after the fact Day had asked Adi and Engel to follow him. They followed along with him and headed in the direction of the border. Pema didn't think much of it, she was more focused on what Day's talk now meant for the pack, would it have a big effect or not. But what did catch her attention was after a couple minutes when Day and Adi returned they did so without Engel.

She thought it strang but didn't want to ask the two about it. She didn't want to come off as noisey and she could tell that Engel's "playful" comments had stired up some irritation among other members of the pack. So she sought him out and wondered where he had gone. 

Still fresh she followed his scent to the springs. A place Pema visited on a frequent basis, and was one of the only places other then the plateau that she visited. She found him soaking in one of the pools and let him know that she was there by asking, "Taking a dib?" unaware of what had just occurred between him and Day and his lack of a rank within the pack now.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
As soon as he heard a voice, he dipped his head under the water, thinking he was unseen and hoping whoever it was, they were talking to someone else. But jsut as quickly, he realized who's voice it was and popped his head up, just enough for his head to be out. 

"Uh...yeah...Grayday isn't here either, is he?" He knew about how close he was still to Morningside, and he didn't want to risk meeting the male again.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
"No, it's just me." she remarked wonder why he would have asked if Grayday was with her, and in such a tone of voice. She hoped this didn't have to do with his remark at the meeting, but Day had called for Adi to come too, which made her think it much have been for another reason.

"I saw that you didn't come back with Day and Adi and wondered where you had headed off to." she said, giving the reason as so why she had followed him, incase he was curious.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel peeked his head up more, looking just in case to Grayday had been straying behind. Then he pulled the top half of his body out of the water to get closer to her height. 

He didn't want to worry Pema, so he shrugged. "I came here, for a bit of a dip. You know, cold temperatures and all" he answered to her.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
It seemed like a reasonable answer and so Pema didn't question it. Shifting the conversation into more of a friendly talk no she asked about his meeting with Day and Adi. "So what did Day want to talk to you and Adi about?" she asked out of general curiosity, being a bit noisey was somewhat acceptable when you were one of the leaders of a pack.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel's face turned away from Pema, and he lowered himself closer to the water once more. "Just...stuff...How I should be careful." Engel didn't want Pema to see the look of despair on his face, as he could not bear to tell her what had really happened. She was too kind.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She was confused by his responce. Why would he need to be careful? Was he going somewhere soon? Doing something dangerious? His responce sounded as though he were shrugging it off, which made Pema think it wasn't that big of a deal, but she still wanted to know. "Be careful of what? Are you going somewhere?" she asked, looking for clarification and explanation.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He paused for a moment, then slowly nodded. "Uh...yeah. Going somewhere...on a big trip round Teekon. Will be gone for a bit." He could not bear to hurt Pema, to tell her the truth. She had been a close packmate in Morningside, always there when he was emotional. She had been the only one to see his most sensitive, emotional side.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She didn't think the pack had some big scouting mission that needed to be carried out, and if they did Dawn would more then likely be the first candadate to go, over Engel who had little no scouting experience as far as Pema knew. So she assumed it was just for personal reasons. Maybe it was his way of controling himself when the breeding season was going on. A bit of a drastic move, but Pema thought of it as considerate, if that were if fact the true of it, but it wasn't.

"When were you planning on leaving? Now?" she asked, "You were just going to up and disappear without letting me?" she said in a more playful and joking tone, though she still wondered what the answer would be. It wasn't as though they were best friends, but she liked to think that they were at least friends.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel shrugged. "Soonish, I'll be gone. Don't know where, but...but I won't be back for a while." Engel couldn't say 'forever'. Truthfully, he hoped he would not meet Pema again, so he wouldn't have to hear her call him a liar for never returning. He climbed out from the spring to stand beside Pema. "You've been good to me Pema. Don't worry about me, okay? I never want to see a face such as yours frown or cry, okay?" he asked, facing her. He would need to go soon, before someone came looking for her.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She wasn't sure why he was leaving, but it seemed like something he really wanted to do. Even though Pema didn't think Engel was a bad guy, she could tell that members of the pack weren't too happy with him, and a break might be nice. 

He hadn't said goodbye before, but this was a pretty good substitute. She gave him a small smile that was more of a snirk. "I'm not going to cry." she said in a light hearted tone. "You be careful though. Alright?" she asked rehetorically, saying her own indirect goodbye.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He laughed a little with a small smile. "Good..." He slowly turned away as he picked a random direction to take, but pausing for a moment he looked to Pema, one last time. "I will. Good luck to you, here..." He opened his mouth to say more, but he could not find anything more to say. So he instead began to walk off.