Arrow Lake Cupid's Arrow....Lake
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel headed somewhat east from where he met with the dog, Poppy, over the mountains. He would no doubt change direction again at some point. He came to a lake just on the other side of the mountains, and went to get a drink from the lake. It was a nice, cool refreshing drink he got.

@Howl
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl was out for a stroll today, something he hadn't done for awhile now. Being that it was the first time in a long time, he found himself quite aways away from the territory. All the day to Arrow Lake, on the border of the region. 

The sound of water was relaxing and the sun glisening off the snow was a nice touch. It made him feel relaxed and calm. But the sight of a familiar wolf disrupted those feeling slightly, as the sight of one of Grayday's wolves was also at the lake. Though Howl didn't know he was no longer a member.

He walked up to the water and nodded his head towards the male.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel caught movement at his side, but recognized the scent as someone he knew. The name flashed by in his mind, along with another. Howl. And Heartha. After knowing that, he smiled to himself, even though he wasn't sure if he should even bring it up.

"Howl" he addressed, pulling his head up from his drink. "How's it been with you? Over in...Easthollow."
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He walked over to the males side and proceeded to have a drink of his own. He said his name and he responded back, trying to remember what his name was, "Angel. No! Engel, right?" he said remembering his actual name that was very similar to the name Angel. 

"I've been good. Settling well. What about you?" he asked, wondering how this male was faring since Howl didn't think this male would mesh well with Grayday.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel laughed a little before nodding. "Yes, name is Engel." He was glad he remembered. Some did, some didn't. Then he asked how he was doing, and his face went a bit glum. "Not that well, I'm afraid...Grayday...didn't like me too much."
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Engel seemed happy that Howl had remembered his name. With their prior conversation being somewhat intrusive it was something Howl hadn't forgotten. But Engel's attitude shifted when Howl asked him his own question. Howl's predictions were confirmed when he went on to say that Grayday hadn't liked him too much.

"'Didn't?' I take it your not with them anymore then?" he asked even though he we pretty sure he already knew the answer. He didn't want to say anymore and rub it in his face or anything. Even though he gave Howl the wrong impression he didn't think we was some bad guy.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel nodded, sadly he was no longer a Morningsider. "But hey, more adventuring for me then, right?" he said, trying to keep his mood up. But one could tell by the smile that it was pulled a little too far, a bit too forced to be genuine. "I...may have also learned what happened with you...and I am sorry to hear about it."
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He was finding some positive to his current situation, but Howl could tell it wasn't the outcome he had wanted in the end. He went on to talk about something that had come up in their last conversation. Why Howl was no longer a member of Morningside and the death of his family that Howl hadn't revealed to him. There was no sence in hiding it now, he wasn't going to give any extra details, but he wasn't going to act as though it hadn't happened. "Yeah. I think I'm doing better... little by little." he said.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel gulped, as he wanted to mention her name. Wanted to say how he knew her, and thank him for caring for her. But now that he was here...he couldn't find it in himself to do so. "The one who told me, Pema...she said that she was kind. You must have really loved her, huh?"

He paused for a moment. "Can I...Can I ask what she was like?"
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
It felt alittle sour knowing that Pema and maybe the others of the pack were willing to tell his story, but remembering how he reacted to her made that feeling go away. Even though Heartha was special to Howl, her death had happened within the pack and thus was a part of its history, free to be told by the members as they saw fit. Hearing that she had mentioned her sweet nature also helped to give him a faint smile in rememberance of her.

"Yeah. It was a surprise really." he said, thinking of the two's original agreement and comparing it to how it had ended up. He was hesitant to answer Engel's next question so he was rather vauge and not too specific. "She was far older than me, but I almost never noticed. Sweet, Caring, but... troubled." he said with a pause before changing the tone. "But I seemed to help her with that, and I'd like to think she was happy in the end." he said again trying to convince himself.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel gulped upon hearing how she had been troubled. Had is leaving affected her more than he thought? Then he was glad to hear that Howl had helped her. "Thanks for that" he murmured. Before realizing he had said that aloud. "For helping her. Should always help a lady." He gave a little nervous laugh.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl ended up turned his head for a moment when Engel spoke, even with his quick recovery it seemed rather strange to Howl that he would have said something like that. And all he really had to say was a quick and semi-awkward "Yeah"
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
There was a rather awkward silence after that, he wasn't sure what else to say. "Well...I should get going...now...and for the record, I am sure Heartha was great to have you" he said. As he turned, he realized he let the name slip.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Hearing her name made him ache inside alittle still, but he thought nothing of it other then that. Howl found nothing odd about Engel knowing her name. After all he had said that Pema had told him the story and likely her name in the process. So continuing, unfased by the sure of her name he nodded to him with a faint smile and waited for his departure.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel didn't waiy around after saying her name. Maybe he was just paranoid. So he started off on his way to only god knows where, continuing his lonesome adventure. There was more fun to be had in the future.