Ankyra Sound one gonna keep me warm, and another gonna keep me cold
All Welcome  January 10, 2018, 06:15 PM
Ingram
Grimnismal
Initiate

he had already spent the morning smearing his absolute most ingrammy-essence all over the perimeters of the sound, and he was spent. while it may not have come as a surprise to others, ingram was shocked to learn how labor intensive marking the borders were. he was positively exhausted.

and thirsty - so very thirsty.

among the sequoias there was a bubbling stream he had seen once when looking for wylla, and he made towards it with slow and languished steps. that was the thing about living on the coast; the irony of having water all around you, and having to go somewhere else to drink.
January 15, 2018, 06:53 AM
Nyx
Grimnismal
Initiate
When she found fresh scent markers at the territory's edge, Nyx felt it was time to take her leave. She had seen neither Ingram or Lycaon since their initial encounter some weeks before and although she'd stuck around to weigh her options, she maintained her privacy. Hoping to maybe see either of them again in passing, the raven-tipped Ostrega was too stubborn to go actively seeking the boys out. Nyx liked them well enough, though her pride left her unprepared to request that she join them on their travels.

Her main goal was to survive the Winter, then try to catch up with her missing siblings. With nothing keeping her tied to the coast and with zero intention of getting in the way of another's claim, she made to cross the sound one last time to head toward the mountains in South. From the corner of her eye, however, she spotted the movement of another and lifted her proud head to observe the familiar form of the darkest brother. How strange, she mused, to happen across one of the boys she'd been hoping to find, as she prepared to leave for good.

She barked to him, keen to draw his attention toward her, and offered a friendly lash of her tail she veered in his direction. 
January 15, 2018, 02:27 PM
Ingram
Grimnismal
Initiate
ingram's tongue was thick with thirst and he held his muzzle low to the ground as he walked. a bark caused his thoughts to jolt from how parched he was to who the feck is there? he looked around him -- nothing but enormous sequoia boughs and snow -- until he saw the agouti female approach him.

he hailed nyx warmly with a wave of his tail, and waited for him to come up to her. his throat was still dry; he cleared it feebly and offered a smile. "i'm parched. care to join me for a drink?" in some cultures, that invitation may have been suggestive -- but here, ingram was casually inviting a comrade to take a stroll through the woods with him.
January 16, 2018, 03:26 PM
Nyx
Grimnismal
Initiate
Ingram paused in his tracks and turned his head to look upon her, an acknowledgement that spurred her to quicken her stride. Nyx jogged toward her sable companion and took note of his smile, to which she returned a fond smirk of her own. Sidling up alongside him with a content chuff, the tawny Ostrega leaned in close to bump her shoulder to his as she reached out her muzzle to deliver a playful nip to his swarthy cheek.

He invited her along with him in his search for water, and Nyx bobbed her head in silent agreement before falling into pace alongside him. "I guess you must be, considering how busy you've been," she said as they sauntered, referring to the recent scent markers she'd picked up on that day. Most of the piss she'd smelt across the sound had indeed belonged to Ingram, "surprised you've not shrivelled up!"
January 17, 2018, 06:26 PM
Ingram
Grimnismal
Initiate
her smile disarmed him enough that he did not catch the swift but playful nip she issued; somewhat like a starstruck boy, he stood there, tail still as his gears stalled in motion.

and then something clicked and with a rowdy growl he returned the favor with a little impart of his own, bowing low to the ground with his tail swinging wildly from side to side in rejoinder.

he pulled up as she spoke, the smile returning to his blackened gums. "oh, well, you know -- lots of womenfolk to protect. gotta make sure everyone knows who they're messing with." ingram replied, tongue in cheek. actually, he was fairly certain none of them needed protection -- least of all nyx -- but he was proud to spread his sigil, so to speak. "the secret to not shriveling up," he paused, casting her a serious glance as he leaned over the stream they had just come across: "is frequent water visits. and not the salt-kind either. ."  terrible dad joke -- ingram still couldn't help but giggle.
Yesterday, 07:20 AM
Nyx
Grimnismal
Initiate
He seemed to stall for a moment following her touch where he gawked at her, and a corner of Nyx' mouth turned upward in an amused smirk. Had he noticed her, perhaps? She'd never been a head-turner like her sisters and was instead content to fit herself in the "average" category, but she was female and often, this alone was enough for the opposite sex. Briefly her thoughts turned to Saor, the loveliest of the Ostrega girls, and wondered if she'd found someone worth her time - promptly followed by the fleetest pondering of whether Ingram might be worth hers.

She fluttered her lashes at him in response to his talk of protecting his females and swooned to brush her flank playfully against his own with a dreamy and exaggerated exclamation of "my hero!" before attempting to shove him more forcefully with a tawny shoulder. 

When they came upon the stream, she gestured to it with a suggestive cant of her pale muzzle. "Better drink deep then," Nyx lowered her head, tasting the chill surface with a single lap of her tongue. "I actually had not realised you intended to start a pack when you guys asked me to hang around," Nyx quirked a brow at her sable companion, tongue snaking from her maw to lick a rogue water droplet from her lower lip, "nor did I expect it to be right up Drageda's ass. Did you know they resided on the cliffs?" Nyx eyed Ingram more seriously then, recalling their conversation upon first meeting when he declared that there was nothing of note beyond the strand. It did bother her, she would not deny that: the already established pack could easily object to their proximity, and Nyx wasn't sure that she was prepared to die for a territory that meant nothing to her.
Yesterday, 11:33 PM
Ingram
Grimnismal
Initiate
ingram was nearly knocked aside by her forceful rebuff -- yet he still bore a playful grin on his face as he regained his footing. surely, she needed protection provided from no one - least of all him.

he nodded at her suggestion and lowered himself down into the bank, drinking deep of the chilled water. he ignored the harshness of it against his tongue, and licked his muzzle carefully once finished.

in truth, ingram had not known of drageda until after he had met most of the inhabitants of the strand. he had never interacted with a wolf from their borders, nor had he passed directly across their claim. with both of them inherently lazy, their research had come to a startling end once they discovered each other at the beach. like nyx, he carried some reservations of the proximity of grimnismal to drageda, yet he knew this area to be his birthplace, and it tugged him inexorably in a way he imagined most would not understand.

he cast a glance up to the cliffs and spoke: "it kind of fell into place and out of my control. i guess when you get more than a few stragglers it starts looking like a pack real soon, right?" he smiled from cheek to cheek, though his expression somewhat faded as he thought of the potential turbulence they might face for their claim. "i didn't originally." he admitted, casting the distant cliffs a final look. "but do we need to be worried? seems like it would be a lot of work to find a way down and chase us out? but that might be my laziness talking."