Hoshor Plains i felt you, human being, leaving me
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
aw but maybe an @Astor ?

a dark shadow cut fleetingly along the lolling ground and indra stopped, her neck craned skyward. the sun at its zenith was too bright for her to discern any bird, and blinking back the fierceness of its glare indra set her sights back on earth.

she had returned to hoshor plains chasing a spirit, though she did not yet know it. a few days ago she had seen the alabaster form of a bison against the snow. at first she had not recognized the significance of it, and like smoke it dissipated in ribbons in the wind when she turned her full attention upon it.

quietly the girl picked her way across the plains, alone save for her worried thoughts.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
32 Posts
Ooc —
She was searching for a snack, fly over the plains. There were very few trees around so she found herself making circles over head, gliding though the air steadily rather then rushed. She wanted to keep this up as long as possible so she wouldn't need to land on flat open land. What she was aiming for today depending on another animal, one that there was no way she could hunt. Bison. She couldn't go after the bison themselves but the little birds that chose to ride on their backs would be a nice snack Astor thought. So she sored over, hoping to find one of the great beasts.

Before she could lay her eyes on any of them she saw a wolf below. She couldn't be sure that this wolf was searching for bison, but they might have a better chance of finding it with thier nose of theres compared to Astor simply waiting to find it. She flew over the wolf and waited to see where it would lead her.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
YAY!! thanks for joining <3

again, a shadow flitted beneath her feet. indra halted immediately, looking skyward -- there, cast against a brilliant halo of light, was the blackened form of a raptor, its wings sharp and angular as it rode a thermal high above her.

indra watched the spectacle in wonder. she envied the freedom of birds, and sometimes, imagined she could join their flight across the plains. she was woefully earthbound, and bitterly aware of it -- with a sigh the girl resumed her travel, though she hoped she would catch a glimpse of the bird again.

eventually she came across the bison horde she had seen the day before, but no trace of the white spectre she was chasing was present. rather than spook the herd indra climbed along a gentle ridge and sat down, watching them as they pulled snow from the earth and grazed on the stunted growth beneath.
32 Posts
Ooc —
   Sorry this got lost within my other threads.

When the wolf stopped to look up at Astor she continued on, not wanting to draw too much attention to herself and distract the wolf from helping to find her dinner. She continued forwards for a bit before looping back around alittle while before they stumbled upon the herd.

The wolf had done her job, but instead of try to hunt the bison she mearly startled them with her presence and proceeded to wonder of to the side. It seemed odd. Why had she come all this way then, but it was a smarter move then a loner she had meet prior that nearly killed herself trying to take down on of those things on her own.

With the wolf's presence and the bison startled the birds upon their back flew up for a bit, before settling back now onto their back once they felt more relaxed. Still soaring in the air she searched for her target before diving down and snatching one of the small birds off the bison's back. Leaving the rest to fly away in fear. 

Now with her prey in her talons she landed on the ground, killing it in her hands before it got a chance to escape.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
no worries! indra is my casual char so no rush

she only watched them for several minutes before the sleek shape of a beast on wing caught her eye. she peered into the bright sky, making out from the brilliant blue that it was the same raptor as before.

indra knew nothing about raptors, except that they were fearsome hunters. it was a spectacle to watch it dip and ride along the thermals, its wings furled out in artistic skill as it bobbed and weaved in the cold air.

she watched as it fell among the flock of small birds like an anvil; a plummet of hooked wings and outstretched claws and it had a hapless victim hooked in its talons. indra made no move as it landed in the field not far from her, though she continued to watch with interest as it consumed its meal.
32 Posts
Ooc —
She began to dig into her food. Plucking its feathers out of the way she could reach the skin and peirce the flesh. Grabbing hold and pulling up away from her talon where it was safely secured she took her first bites and looked around for any impending danger. She was used to eating in the trees, but they seemed out of the way at the moment and she was hungry for a change. Having been lathargic the past couple days all this flying had amassed quite an appatite.

As she looked around she caught the eyes of the wolf that had lead her here. Not only caught her eye, but notice that she was indeed watching her. She was thankful for the guild to a meal, but observation was her job, not the other way around. She out streched her wings and let out a screech towards her, caught the nearby birds to once again flutter. She spoke no direct words but her screech was mean to be interpreted in such a way that they read, what are you looking at?
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra's gaze averted as the sharp bird turned her hooked beak to her -- for a moment, indra was aware the bird was making direct eye contact with her. never in indra's life had a raptor, or truly a bird of any type, shared a passing glance.

she held her breath for a moment and jumped as the bird shrieked and unfurled her wings. indra repeated the noise softly under her breath; a barely audible whisper of a screech. fearful that the bird may falsely interpret her fascination as hungry staring (or perhaps falsely construe that indra was watching her because she wanted to eat her), indra set to licking her paws nonchalantly while keeping the feasting bird in the corner of her eye.

indra wanted more than anything to have a connection with other animals -- were they like her, like other wolves? did they speak their own language, care for their families, or have their own dreams?
32 Posts
Ooc —
She let out a light laugh as she was the wolf's reaction to her screech. These wolves were so often so amusing, she couldn't help but think it to be funny. That something so big would be afraid of something like her so far away. Up close she was something to fear for sure, but at this distance neither of them could hurt one another. 

Standing on her meat she pecked at it working it's skin until the head of the bird tore off and she could swallow it down. Following the legs, guts and other morsals of the smaller bird. She glanced over at the wolf a few times here and there, but they didn't seem to be doing much other than simply lay around. 

She nodded her head to them, this time with no intent to scare or startle. As small, most likely undisiferable thank you for helping her find her meal, before baiting and flying away.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra occupied herself by appearing busy, though every so often she stole a sly glance to the raptor. the bird bobbled over its meat, plucking sinew from bone with deft movements indra could never hope to rival. a few times she looked longer than she meant to, and had to quickly tear her gaze away.

she got up abruptly as the bird ducked its head in some unknown gesture -- forlornly the girl watched as the magnificent predator uncurled its broad wings, fanned the air, and became skyborne in a single, effortless bound.

she followed the bird's ascent in wonder, whispering a quiet 'goodbye, friend.' indra might never see a bird of its like again, but she was happy that she had witnessed it up close that day.