King Elk Forest Cutscene goes here
32 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
All Welcome 
Though there had been hints of singular wolves along her walk from the shore, she was amazed that it took her this long to find a pack.  It was wedged away in a corner blocking most of the only way out to the south, near as she could tell, and now Zenith stood before their borders, looking at the forest's sprawl.  Why hadn't anyone else settled in the regions she'd passed through?  It seemed like it'd be a fine place, even if if the earth was choked with snow.

What was she going to ask them?  She took a minute or two to compose her thoughts, then lifted her head to release a short and non-demanding howl to see if she could get an audience with... Someone.  She didn't want to waste the leadership's time if they were busy -- hopefully she'd made it clear that she wasn't here to join, at least.  All Zenith wanted was to get some more information about the region.  All this empty space was tempting.

She stood there waiting for someone to appear, ears pricked forward for any sound of an approach.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

the forest is quiet as ever - it worries him, slightly, but then again it's so cold, who wants to go cavorting? - still - maybe he needs to bring them together somehow. maybe it's weighing heavily on him because of sunflower's departure (though at least she'd said goodbye! jeez). he focuses on patrolling because it gives him something to do besides dwell -- or hover by burke's den, stealing glances from mato -- and so he's fairly close when the howl goes up. 

the tone of the howl doesn't seem particularly pressing, and intrigued, he makes his way over, ears and tail pricked up. "sup," the morwinyon greets the woman, his.. everything forever at odds with the general stateliness of his position, "this is tindómë. what brings you to our borders?"

18 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Hope ya don't mind me jumping in, she just wants to observe.

Fallyn heard a howl travel through the tree's and to her ears, she follows the direction from which the sound had came from and it was already answered by one of her fellow pack mates. She sits down in plain veiw, not wanting to seem suspicious as she watches the encounter. The female was still trying to figure out what trade she wanted to pursue.
32 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
The wolf that first appeared was an interesting thing, smelling male but not really looking like the men she'd grown up around nor the ones she'd met so far along her travels.  Wolves came in all sorts, she supposed, and made a mental note that if she had the chance to people-watch, to take a bit more time to observe things with an unbiased eye to see what she'd missed.  But either way, from what she could tell, this was his pack, was it not? 

She does flick an ear at his greeting, though.  Definitely out of place from her perspective.  Comparatively, Zenith's words were probably about as full of fluff as she was herself, Greetings.  I'm Zenith Theyn.  She shifted into a bow, taking a half step back as she kept herself in a posture fitting her nonthreatening visitor status.  I've been questing for the proper territory in which to start a pack, should the fates allow, and the vast area north of you is rather tempting.  I was primarily wondering if there was anything about that region that would be worth knowing, as it does seem much more sparsely traveled than to the east, and near as I can tell, you're the only ones here. 

By now the other wolf appeared and sat down, dragging Zenith's eyes in that direction before her gaze slipped back to the first, I'd also be interested to hear if there's anything you'd be willing to share about yourselves.  After all, if I decide that this side of the mountains is the best to settle, I'd rather be a good neighbor.  Zenith ended with a smile and a second bow of her head.  She was curious whether the other wolf would be entering the conversation, but she'd sat far enough away that Zen thought it was improper to reintroduce herself without allowing the other to talk.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

it's as if she's trying to compensate for the general lack of formality delight has brought. he'd noted fallyn's arrival quietly, but now he shoots her a look, eyebrow raised. "zenith," he repeats, attention back on the woman. his conversation with jomyo comes to mind -- their seclusion has weighed on him for a while. "i've never been north past the mountains," he says, "but as far as i know we're the only pack around here."

the morwinyon pauses, considering her questions. "it is fairly quiet, though winter has brought more traveling our way. assuming there isn't a claim farther north that i'm unaware of, there's plenty of space for us to share." it could be beneficial, even, to help the region grow. "as for us - our hierarchy is built on learned skills - trades - and we are still fairly young. we founded about six moons ago, or so. i'm delight singing-sunlight, our morwinyon." he pauses and adds, "alpha," just in case. his gaze flicks back to fallyn once again, curious if she will introduce herself but not particularly caring either way.
18 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Fallyn saw Delight's gaze fall upon her two times and decided it was time to go down and speak. The she-wolf cautiously travels down to where the two wolves were. "Hello." She bowed her head at Delight. "I'm Fallyn." She hadn't met Delight yet and she was confused when he called himself alpha but she decided not ponder on it.
32 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
And he was the alpha?  Huh.  Again, Zenith had expected someone far more imposing.  Having nobody around really must mean the region was peacefull -- that or Delight was quite the wordsmith, talking his way out of any trouble that showed itself.  Pleasure to meet you.  Delight, Fallyn, She bowed her head first to one, then to the other.

Have any of the other packs in the region sent representatives this far?  I think I passed by uh.. Two I think on the way over here? Maybe three -- or it was just nearby or something.  But it's quite the trek in the winter, that's for sure.  Zenith seemed to be amused by her own foolishness for having wandered this far during winter.  It would have probably been a lot smarter to head off during the early spring when food was abundant but it was a little too late for that.  She did have ideas for what her pack would be like, though, and some of them required being in a good position relative to others in the area.  And if those other ones were too lazy to wander far...
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
sorry for the wait!

no one has yet to voice their disbelief in delight's position, but had they, he would probably agree with them. he's not really leader material. he's just bumbling his way through it until mato is okay again. 

she asks about representatives and an ear flicks back absently as he considers. not to his knowledge. the closest has been jomyo's referencing the mountain pack... wherever it is. "nope," he answers, popping the p, more interested in what she can tell him. "where were the ones you passed by?" it would be nice to know where their closest neighbors are -- just in case.
32 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
No probs! I'm a professional slacker.  XD  Guess I'll just be skipping Fallyn since she's marked as inactive?

The fact that none of them had headed over this far was kind of concerning.  Zenith wanted to be able to have neighbors to trade with, but if nobody came here... Well, she'd just have to find somewhere closer or somewhere absolutely perfect to make up for it.  Sigh.

But where were those packs?  Uuuh.  She turned around and looked at the mountains.  One is on the far side of that whole mountain... Uh. Clump. Her nose pointed at the barrier mountains.  The exact opposite side from here, if I've got it right.  The other was a bit farther south... It's another mountain, but it looks like someone scooped off most of the top.  She meant the caldera, turning her head to point in a more easterly direction.  It's pretty far over there too.  I didn't see any easy way to cut through either, just gotta walk all the way around...

She looked back to Delight, rolling a shoulder in a shrug, So for that one, I'm not surprised they haven't wandered over.  I bet it'd be half the time if you could just walk in a straight line.  I'm not quite sure where the other one was but there were a lot of wolves wandering around over there, so it's gotta be kinda nearby.  What she'd probably smelled was the influx of Drageda wolves in the area preparing for war.  She'd had pretty poor luck meeting pack wolves though so far.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
no worries :^) and yup!

he listens as she answers, following her gestures with his gaze. one of those mountain packs must be the moonspear that jomyo's mentioned... come to think of it, maybe the mountain range is the issue. delight's never investigated, but if there's no easy way around the range, it would make it hard to draw bodies down southward. hm.

the morwinyon looks at the forest behind him, contemplative. "thanks for the info," he tells zenith. this is beginning to feel like a geographic puzzle he needs to solve -- he wishes he'd agreed to follow mato to visit the vale back when he'd had the chance, even if that would've left tindómë in a perilous state. he can't leave now but he has no real grasp on the teekons north of the mountain range. they have all they need here -- food and shelter, but what good is that if no one ever wants to come down all this way?

with a small sigh he looks back at the woman, as fallyn takes her leave, presumably bored by the conversation. "is there anything else you want to know?" delight asks, figuring they might as well establish friendly terms while they have the chance.
18 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Jumps back in! Sorry, this post is bad..

The two wolves began to speak and Fallyn observed the conversation and took mental notes on how her alpha spoke and addressed lone wolves, for future reference.
32 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
She shook her head, No, I think that pretty much everything I can think of at this point, thank you. -- Though, if I'm wandering about and hear that someone's heading this way, I can mention that you're out here if you'd like?  Assuming they seem like good people, of course.  She hoped that wolves wandering down here didn't just get frustrated and turn around when they didn't find a close pack, but she knew that some groups would rather stay a bit more distant than the rest, and as such would let Delight make the call on that one.  It was his pack, after all, even if he did strike her as an odd sort to be a leader.

It was just about time for her to go, it seemed, and she bowed her head, And so with that I suppose I'll bid you adieu, and once again, thank you for your time.  If I do get my pack going I'll definitely send word to you guys and let you know where I've ended up -- in case you need help in times of.. Uh.  Peril, I guess.  She flicked an ear, kind of amused at her own word choice. It wasn't what she was going for but it certainly sounded dramatic.  Either way, this pack did seem to be made up of pretty reasonable folks, and she was always keen to help out that sort of wolf if things turned bad.  Certainly, she couldn't do much as an individual, but she did hope that her destiny would form the way she was hoping so she could provide aid to those who needed it.  Time would tell.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

"that'd be great, thanks," delight says, surprised by her offer. if she's looking to found her own pack it seems a little silly to send potential recruits to them instead, but hey -- he's not gonna look a gifthorse in the mouth. 

with nothing else left to add he nods and straights up slightly. "yeah, keep in touch," he tells her, offering a faint smile and wondering if they'll still be around by the time she founds -- she's given him a lot to think about, at any rate. he'll wait 'til she leaves before taking his own leave with a nod at fallyn.
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
32 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
She still had plenty to do before settling down, not to mention she wasn't going to stop those who insisted on moving on.  There was no point if they were determined.  As such, Zenith hadn't thought it was particularly out of the ordinary.  It was just how things were.  She smiled and bobbed her head in agreement.  She'd likely be back.  Eventually.  But there was still a lot of land to roam before she made her decision.

With that done, she bowed again, then backed away from the borders.  Zenith headed off into the underbrush to continue her explorations in the winter landscape.