Blackfoot Forest The Butterfly Blooms
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei watched as the day grew darker. She had run endlessly, as much as she could, desperate to get @Thelxiope there to help @Lennon and @Alarian

Once she thought she was close enough, she called out for them with a howl, just hoping they were still alive or at least conscious enough to reply. "They...they should be...be here" she panted to the older female.
70 Posts
Ooc —
Serenely did the healer pick up the herbs the girl dropped as she called for her comrades, stately grace drooping in the slightest as he stood alongside her. Sure, she had travelled for many weeks; but it had been along, and this much interaction and rushing around wore on the witch. She chided herself, for surely she was nowhere near completing her task; she'd yet to meet the patients. She hoped for the girl's sake they still lived, and while Korei had been grime about their state, she held out hope for the two nameless, faceless males.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Both young wolves had drifted off into a soft slumber, the closest thing to a pleasant time since the attack. The sudden howl managed to retract Lennon from his nap, having to blink a few times in order to adjust vision. He stretched out his mouth, a long yawn poured out from his jaws before shaking his head in one last effort to wake up completely. The realization that it was  Korei's howl was delayed from his sleepy mind, but once he did the hickory dog was on all for legs and replied with quick howl himself. 

His chest felt light knowing Korei was safe, and the hopeful idea of help only added to his elation. Finally, his cheerful personality was shining through the clouds that had been hiding it. He nudged Alarian gently, "Wake up, wake up!,"  he murmured excitedly in a hushed voice - similar to a young child waking up it's sibling on Christmas morning.
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian was quick to rouse when Lennon nudged him, pulling himself to his feet with a pained grunt. Is Korei back? He asked quickly, eyes bright now.

But the boy didn't wait for an answer-- he could smell her nearby, and he began to limp determinedly in that direction. Soon he saw her, then the wolf with her. He paused when he saw them, taking in the sight of the new girl. She was beautiful in an unearthly way, carried herself like a queen, and Alarian instantly trusted her.
He approached slowly, mostly because his injuries did not allow for fast movement. The effort of the short trek had him laying at Korei's feet when he got to her, pressing his muzzle to her shoulder. I'm so glad you're safe.

Then he looked at the wolf next to her, tail wagging slightly in greeting. Thank you for keeping Korei safe. I-- we owe you a debt already for that. He lowered his head, then, noticing the herbs. You can help us? It was hushed, hopeful.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei saw Alarian limping over. Seeing him in such pain, it hurt her little heart. She ran ahead to meet him, and he ended up at her feet. She licked at his face worriginly, snififng over him. "Are you okay? Are you hurt more? Is Lennon okay?" She asked so many more questions that would have sounded more like jabbering. She had been much too worried.
70 Posts
Ooc —
There came the approach of a male; beautiful in a way that implied feminity. She would have guessed him female from afar, surely, and his beauty had her glance over him once for a purpose that was not to assess his injuries. Shaking herself from such thoughts, she stepped closer, herbs carefully arranged at her paws. "you owe no debt," she stated firmly, accent creeping into her words as it tended to do when she wasn't quite alert enough to chase it back. 

She approached carefully, gaze sweeping the male's body once and finding quickly the wound that festered so.  she neglected to reply to the immediate question, dipping only her head a fraction before she spoke. "it is infected, your wound. badly."  The scent of infection was heedy on the air, and carefully the woman dipped to touch the male's forehead, pausing in her downward action and asking carefully, "may I tend to you?" Best to ask permission, surely, before prodding and laying out poultices. She hovered a short distance above his head, dark eyes downcast as she waited for his answer before testing to see if he carried a fever.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Lennon followed in a delayed fashion, he had no rush to tend to his wounds. His weren't severe enough that he collapsed, and moments after Alarian greeted he arrived from the forest's bush and sent Korei a gleaming smile before his gaze landed on the new body face. He padded over to his friends, giving each a kind lick on their cheeks. "Thank god you're alright,"  The relief when hearing her call was nothing compared to seeing her in person completely unharmed. Now, he was back to focusing on the supposed healer, and despite all the chaos, his mind lingered on her appeal. 

He pried his thoughts to the moment at hand, sitting down next to his snow pelted companion, his injured leg sticking out as he tried to keep it from hurting as much as possible. "Thank you for this, for keeping her safe." Lennon began thinking of eligible payments for her good deeds, maybe they could hunt for her? Though hunting wouldn't be easiest under current circumstances.
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian looked faintly worried at the she-wolf's statement. Badly infected? He repeated softly, his gaze shifting for a moment to Korei as he found himself hoping she hadn't heard that. Then he looked back at the strange, beautiful woman to answer her question. Yes... thank you. The boy said genuinely.

He gathered up his remaining strength to hold still for whatever came next, turning his attention to the herbs she had gathered. Ali recognized the plants, for he had a decent amount of knowledge there, but he hadn't known they could be used for healing. The boy focused on committing this knowledge to memory, deciding he would watch the healer's movements raptly in hopes of later imitation.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia went back Alarian once Thel began to tend to him, and went to nuzzle against Lennon. "I missed you...both of you...I couldn't lose either of you" she mumbled, holding herself there for a moment. Both the males thanked Thel, and their attention seemed to be on her. For a moment she felt an unknown feeling that almost forced a glare their way, but she pushed it away.
70 Posts
Ooc —
There came another as she leaned over the male, her gaze flickering to him, not failing to notice the limb. This one did not hold her attention in the way the unearthly male had, and she moved back to tend him when he gave his permission. Carefully, the witch poked her muzzle to his forehead, finding him warm but not yet alarmingly so. Their gratitude seemed undeserved; she'd done nothing but arrive and begin her inspection of the badly injured male. Withdrawing, she moved down the length of his body towards the wound that seemed the worst off. 

Without pause did the witch began to clean the wound tenderly, the reek of infection having no effect on her impassive form. When she'd done all she could to remove the debris from it; she moved to the little pile of herbs, not neglecting to notice the boy's gaze tracking her. Plucking from the snow the darker leaves, she placed them by the maw of the male. "borage. it will help with the fever, if it develops." She explained, gesturing for the male to eat the leaves. "they are bitter,"  She warned briefly before carefully selecting the chervil root, crushing it betwixt her jaws and moving back towards the male's side, carefully placing the poultice on the wound. 

"chervil root - for infection."  She murmured, before adding to the wounds that still oozed a poultice of oak, "for bleeding and infection," She explained, dark gaze resting on the males face a moment. "be still a moment,"  She muttered, before her gaze shifted to the male who seemed to be in better health. Her gaze shifted to his leg and his shoulder, and again she asked, "may I tend to you, Lennon?" She asked, gaze shifting once to the male who remained nameless (somewhat annoying) to ensure he lay in the snow still.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
His attention when the healer started shifted to Korei, sending her another appreciative smile. He held pride in her for being on her own, she was growing in their small time together and it was pleasing to watch. "I missed you too, love," love, his ongoing nickname for the girl. He wasn't sure if she even knew how common it was to say back where he was from. The first time he'd called her that she was very surprised, and maybe even uncomfortable by the phrase - apparently she'd never been called that. It dawned on him how little he knew of her past, hopefully by now she would open up a bit more than she had. 

For now, he tried to not focus on the fact that Alarian was infected, which he knew meant nothing good. If he began to dwell he would overthink leading to the unlikely conclusion of his companion dying. His mind altered to refocus on the stranger when his name was said, causing him to look down at his deep gash. The way she spoke was very formal, he wondered where she was from. " 'Course," He stood up, avoiding any pressure on his leg and sat down in front of the she-wolf.
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian proved to be a docile, cooperative patient-- his eyes brightened when the woman began to explain each plant's purpose, and he would have wagged his tail had he not been so focused on staying still. The boy wondered briefly if all medicinal herbs tasted bitter when he heard the woman's warning, but he didn't ponder long before eating them as he was told.
When she had finished, he blinked appreciatively and followed her instructions; though he figured speaking wouldn't hurt anything. I appreciate your help, and your knowledge-- I never asked your name, did I? After a small pause, he also realized he had not given his own. I'm Alarian, by the way.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei turned her head from nuzzling against Lennon to observe the effects it had on Alarian, as well as what the female said about what they did. She watched in interest, her eyes fixed on the interaction. Then Alarian asked for the older females name. She had neglected to ask that, now that she realized.
70 Posts
Ooc —
The witch did not miss the easy affection between the male and the girl, but elected to ignore it as Alarian began to speak. "alarian.", echoed the witch, her accent adding different depths to the novel-sounding name. Her muzzle twisted into the ghost of a rare smile, replying after a beat. "I am Thelxiope,"  She looked at him a beat longer before striding towards Lennon, stretching carefully to nose at the deep gash on his limb. Tendons and muscles may or may not be ripped; but either way, the wound was not much better off than Alarian's. 

She moved to apply the horsetail and goosegrass, scanning the wound critically. "this may take longer to heal. I do not know how deep the damage stretches, but you must keep it clean and rested."  She instructed with greater effort to rid the accent from her voice, shifting atop her bloodied ankles as they began to twinge. "how is your pain?" She asked, but her gaze slipped too to Alarian, remembering the more powerful poppy the girl had provided. Her gaze slipped next to his shoulder, but it did not seem quite as bad as his leg. The wounds seemed fresh, however, and the pain may plague them still.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Lennon nodded, listening well to the wolfess’s instructions. ”Got it doc,” He cocked his head to the side, still wondering where it was she came from. Her name perplexed him a moment, he replayed it in his head multiple times till he was confident he could pronounce well himself. Her question wasn’t anticipated (even though it was completely logical) and he hesitated, unsure if he should give a truthful answer around the others. ”It mainly just hurt when I walk on it - a lot, otherwise I’m fine.” 

He neglected to add how every movement of his shoulder stinged and about how every wound was pounding if he thought about them briefly, but he though that was normal and unimportant. ”If you don’t mind me asking, where are you from?” It was always intriguing finding another foreigner.
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
That's a pretty name. The boy couldn't help the words, full of sudden wonder as he realized this girl reminded him of someone.
It was subtle, so much that a less superstitious individual might not have caught the similarity, but Alarian would know it anywhere. Another ocean witch. But where the one he had met before had been darkness and crushing depths, this girl was the sunlight reflected off the surface of the waves. She was clear skies, crystalline blue waters, the gentle breeze carried to the shore; at least, he thought she was.
Ali hadn't met so many witches he could yet tell the difference so easily, but she seemed to embody the ocean well enough to him. The grace and kindness, the formality and delicate accent-- it fit in a different way than the other witch had. She had been the face of the void at the ocean's floor, the death-whispers in the final moments of drowning, and he had not trusted her the way he did Thelxiope.
You're an ocean witch, aren't you? It was a hushed question, one he could not resist finally asking, but not accusatory. He was rather enamored with it, actually; to meet two faces of the ocean already in this land seemed a great honor. I've met one before, but she wasn't much like you. She was... dark, like the bottom of the ocean.

At her question, he paused a brief moment to wonder if the glance meant he was to answer as well. Then, he admitted: My whole side feels on fire.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei continued to watch the interaction, and felt herself roll her eyes at Alarian when he said that the female's name was pretty. He had never said that about her nane...wait, why was she thinking this? She shook her head to clear it of such thoughts and focused back on Lennon.

But when Alarian continued to speak of the other wolf, she felt a rumble from deep within herself, this time she wasn't confused because she barely noticed it, but she did cast a side glance at him. "Are you feeling any better?" she asked to Lennon in a caring tone, but mostly to take her mind off of why she was acting like this.
70 Posts
Ooc —
She hummed lowly under her breath as she moved to his shoulder, inspecting it a moment before beginning to tend to it in the same way that she'd tended to the previous wounds. The male claimed his pain was not great, and Thelxiope could only hope that this wasn't one of the foolish sort that favoured percieved manliness over wellbeing. He did not seem to possess any of bluster of such males, however, and Thelxiope did not pursue the subject. He asked next of her origins, and the witch paused a moment, the silence filled with Alarian's query. 

Gaze flickered to him, and she dipped her head. "yes," she said, surprised by the lack of animosity in the words. Most of the time; others did not remain kindly disposed towards the woman if she offered the title, and thus she'd stopped practising her rites save for when she was truly alone. "but I have lost my way," She admitted with a slight flick of her ears, moving towards Alarian as he confessed his pain and instructing him to eat the seeds she proffered; two tiny, dried poppy seed. The mention of another witch had her ears flick forward, thinking first of her sister. No, for her sister was made of surf and sunlight; like heat glistening on hot sands; she was warm.  "I left the coast to search for my ward, and could not find my way back." She elaborated, glancing to at Lennon. 
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Lennon's ears perked as he listened to her melodic humming as she worked. He listened for the rhythm, finding much more interest in her song than her healing. It could be said as irresponsible to not focus on knowledge far more useful than a carol, but he simply couldn't put attention on the more practical. 

Everything shifted though when Alarian's prediction was correct, he stared curiously at his friend, squinting his eyes in puzzlement. Korei's question forced the male to smile, giving the pale wolf a comforting lick on the cheek. "Much better,"  he whispered, not wanting to interrupt the ocean femme's words, "I'm very proud of you." Lennon insisted, before hearing Thel's last comment. He wondered for a moment if he would remember his way home - almost positive in himself that he could, but as time went on the blurrier and farther his home felt.
living is easy with eyes
closed