Ankyra Sound i'm gonna buckle my belt around the ceiling pipe
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram hadn't seen @Chusi in a while - which was likely his fault... he had been fastidiously minding the borders (read: terrorizing arrille by climbing to dazzling heights, being thrown up on by a earth-clad stranger, and also trying his damndest to find lycaon -- who presently, was as elusive as a slippery little eel).

he trotted up and down the open expanse that marked the sound. from a distance it was obvious the scoundrel was looking for something -- he considered calling her, but would that be too desperate? he thought so. with a shake of his head he slipped off in a slow trot and tried his best to look like he was noncommitally searching for chusi.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She dragged and pulled and puffed on the half-eaten, unrecognizable carcass that had carelessly been left a bit inland. It had long legs and a big head, making Chusi think it was a deer or something similar to it, and just light enough for her to move. Her mouth was bloodied, as was the patch of snowy white fur that decorated her throat, but determination sparkled in her bright ocher eyes. She was nearly at the Sound, butt turned to whoever would approach her from there, tail lashing every now and then as she tried her very best to provide.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
during his third sweep of the beach he saw a figure hunched over something on the sand line -- curious, ingram strode towards it. he could tell it was a wolf dragging something. it took him a second to recognize chusi, but he could tell by both her shape and her fur - distinctly shimmering and fluffy. he dropped his somewhat puffy posture and trotted towards her.

he slowed his gait, trying his best to hide his excitement as he pulled alongside chusi. he wagged his tail in greeting and then clipped his muzzle onto a splayed out leg, heaving backwards with sharp tugs to assist chusi in her endeavor.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her ears perked and swiveled around, picking up the sound of wet, sandy paws making their way towards her. Since behind her was the Sound, she was sure it was just someone out of their gathered group, or someone new that wanted to meet her. Her heart started pounding faster when she looked to the side though, noticing it was not just any wolf but her favorite wolf.

She smiled brightly at Ingram, around the piece of the animal they were dragging dragging. It immediately felt lighter than before, though that might have just been her getting another boost from his mere presence. It went a lot faster now too. Where'd ya wan i'? She tried to ask, not knowing if he understood.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
between the two of them the load was lessened; with tugs and heaves they dragged it across the deep sand and it left peculiar marks in its wake, flattening sand in some places and leaving long trails of thin lines in others. when they got further inland he heard a muffled query come from chusi's occupied mouth -- with a light cant of his head in the direction of the grotto he replied: "orvr there." if she was unable to understand him, at least his body language was clear enough -- with that he shifted his hindquarters over and started the task of dragging the corpse towards the cavernous entrance of the grotto.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Ocher eyes flickered to him for a moment, understanding what he had meant to say. She hoped everyone would like the extra meat, she would hate to have dragged the whole thing to the grotto only for it to go to waste. Then again, their group sure could use it - and it was different from the seafood. She shifted with Ingram, And before she knew it, they were practically in front of the mouth.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
as they tugged their rancid prize closer to the den, ingram's efforts became more insistent; with a huge heave he threw his entire body into pulling the rotted frame down the tunnel -- and then once in, nosed it along the ground until they came to the cavern.

an eerie sheen of blue marked their descent into the chambers, and he set to pulling the quarry into the corner where other small offerings sat. with a proud puff he turned to chusi, his tail wagging as he inspected his handiwork. "whew. that was work. where'd you find that?" he queried, still not entirely sure what kind of animal it had once been.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She tried her very best to keep up with him, but it seemed he got it. Helping where needed, she followed him quietly to the chambers. She was no hunter, that much was obvious - she had been a scavenger ever since she was a small girl... well, smaller. But, it proved useful every now and then, like how it had been easy to track the carcass.

When the price had settled and she had found the strength to stand upright again, she smiled at Ingram. She was glad he had been there to help her - doing it all by herself would've taken ages. Tell me 'bout it. She joked, still panting just a little. Just a bit befur tha river. She answered, not knowing exactly how to call the place.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram still panted from their exertion; his tongue lolled out of his thin jaw and moved seamlessly between serrated teeth that shone blue in the cavern's incandescent light. the river was a fair jaunt away - he apprised chusi with a surprised hike of his brow, silently commending her for her endurance.

"well, it'll be a nice break from crabs and fish." he grinned, his tail beating softly on the cave floor in quiet thumps. "thanks for getting it." he offered, sheepishly casting his gaze to the floor in a moment of genuine vulnerability.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
The distance had not been a problem for her - she had cracked open her very pads before by walking and climbing for too long on a slight life-mission that had intrigued her. No, it had been the weight and her lack of brute strength that had left her rather exhausted. She looked at Ingram then, Heart fluttering as always when they were together. He looked cute when he was tired.

Yeah - was gettin' quite sick-o' it mehself too. She chuckled. Fish and stuff was good, but too monotonous when you had nothing else. Her ears lowered as she blushed. How was she not yet accustomed to the nice things he could say? No problem - just alotta effort. She grinned.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
he nodded; while the cuisine could be varied on the coast, it was all still seafood. ingram had half a mind to find a rabbit later that day -- something that was neither mollusk nor fish to slake his appetite. he stretched across the cold stone floor, glancing at chusi out of the corner of his eye.

the way the small water pool in the cavern lit the place, it was almost magical: the phosphorescent blue shimmered off of her soft fur, and her eyes took on a most unusual hue. ingram caught himself staring, and bashfully quickly averted his gaze. "so, uh.." he struggled to fill the silence, too insecure in himself to believe any lull in conversation was good. "what do you think of the place?"
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Instead of finding her place next to him on the ground, she stayed put - sitting down to admire both him and their surroundings. It was nothing like the thick forests she had lived and grew up in. Not the sound of leafs brushing together in the wind, the cracks of wood nor the familiar smell of bedding and earth. Perhaps it would resemble home more if she stayed longer, which she was planning to if they didn't want her gone... So far, she was only certain that Ingram and herself wanted her as part of their gang.

It ain't like home... She sighed softly, now focused on the blue of the water. But it could be. She added with a meant smile. Especially if it was with him.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram noticed the distance between them; his heart hammered, but he lacked the compunction to scoot closer. could wolves sweat, he would have perspired heavily -- she was sitting only feet from him and that was tantalizing enough.

he thought on what home truly meant, to him. it wasn't a specific place. keokuk glade had been home, for a time -- the tall timbers and soft moss floors had been a boon to them in their childhood. without lusca, it was just an empty forest.

the sound had been home too, for a time -- a time before ingram's memory, but a home just the same. he considered that home meant a place where his family was, his heart -- and chusi, lycaon and wylla were family to him. in time it would be home to all of them. his gaze trailed a long column of flowstone and he spoke: "i'm willing to give it time, if you are." he smiled, falling onto his side with a soft heave of contentment.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Home, to Chusi, was not with wolves she called friends or family or even a place (though she subconsciously preferred the woods over any place). It was somewhere she felt useful, wanted and respected. Sure, it felt that way with Ingram, but their group... She was not sure how she fitted in. If they weren't going to bother going inland and had enough wolves to patrol the borders, she only had her nice spirit to lighten the mood. Even the slight amount of healing information she had gathered seemed like nothing.

I am. She answered with a relieved sigh, happy to have made up her mind. She would give it a shot - if not for her then it was for him. She stretched and gently rolled over towards him with a giggle. She didn't like to think gloomy thoughts and was desperate to lighten the mood.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram was unaware of chusi's thoughts, and had he been he would have protested vehemently -- for he liked her, and in his eyes that was arguably all that mattered. she was immensely useful; she had knowledge of the territory within and without -- she knew about the packs around them, their cultures -- she even knew about healing and tracking and hunting.. all invaluable traits to the dark male.

he sighed as he placed his head on the ground, a soft smile playing his lips. "me too." he rejoined with a sleepy wave of his tail, issuing a quiet yawn. he was tired, and gently, he closed his eyes. he was more content here than he had been in months, and it was easy for him to drift off into quiet slumber with chusi nearby.
i'm gonna hold a pen