Greatwater Lake though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I watch as the planets turn and the old stars die and the young stars burn
23 Posts
Ooc —
His throat caught as she crashed to the ground, the air ripe with the stench of her fear, and he backed up a pace as though holding up his hands to show he meant no harm to her. Awinita? The resemblance clicked, but if she hadn’t given a name, he’d have thought her a stranger still. Scared, shivering, and clearly not right - whatever had transpired in the short time he'd left her, this was not the same girl he’d met mere suns before.

"Yes, yes, it's me. It's Wilhelm." He took a weary step forward, and stopped. She lay sodden on the shoreline, caked in a dry ooze of blood, and in the drench of icy water from the shattered lake. The breeze did not favour them, and he watched helpless as she began shake against the bitter wind. “It's Wirt.” She herself said her mind was not sound, and he hoped the double moniker would secure her trust that this was really him. He needed to get her dry and warm - but would she let him come any closer? "I promise, you are safe with me. I will not hurt you." But someone had, that much was clear - and though the question loomed like shadows, he sought to address her immediate need. "We need to get you out of the wind and away from the chill of the lake. Even just a few steps. The forest will guard you from the cold." Though gentle, there was an underlying urgency to his voice he couldn't expell.
Messages In This Thread
RE: though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death - by Wilhelm - January 17, 2018, 12:02 PM