Moonspear in the still of the night
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
attn: @Jarilo and @Vela !!!

Vela used to be a bore. Hydra still was not sure much had changed there, but she had heard through the grapevine that she desired to be a warrior princess. Who best to learn from other than The warrior princess herself? Hydra boasted many victories, and her headcount was ever-growing. Jarilo, too, was working on becoming a warrior—she supposed that they were now at that age where they could learn from her. She had never been particularly close to any of them, though she had always liked Jarilo best of all given that he had always seemed interested in the prospect of being a warrior. 

With Vela, she wanted to ensure it wasn't a phase. 

Hydra diligently tracked their scents, her strides taking her upwards. There was a fork in the road between them, and in knowing that she preferred not one over the other she howled to them. If they were free and had some time to spare, she offered them her presence. The Beta was a busy woman, and had little of her own time to spare. But for her family, she did not mind giving them some of it.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
For him..?

He stopped right there and twitched an ear. Nothing humble he was prowling was going to be as valuable as his elder sister calling for him and Vela. Which.. a lot had changed for the duo lately, although neither of them were bothered. Jarilo was kept busy, assigned to various Pack Wolf tasks and short patrols now more than ever--especially since size-wise, he could finally almost contend with the packmates (barring the bear-shaped ones though). With Vela taking an interest in some of the warrior stuff too, that was another to romp fierce, chase, and spar with on top of all else. He hardly had the energy to grieve his lost sister or worry about whatever else plagued the worlds beyond the slopes most days by the time it was done.

With having well made up his mind, the juvenile spun around and darted back from sort of where he'd came. He loped on until he could spy her, a dark silhouette among the landscape. By then, he mustered something less rolling for a gait and definitely prepared the enthusiasm--over the summons and what it could bring next. "Hey!" he barked as he jogged the last few paces to her with a happy prance. "You called for me?" he grinned at the dark sister and went inviting himself in close to lick-nip at her chin and jaws. He swept his tail excitedly all the while and kept at it with the licks until she made him quit or Vela got here, whichever went first.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
for the sake of Vela's timeline this thread is before this one. Drogon will save her in time but I don't know what injuries/mental stuff she will suffer from it! :D

Vela perked up her ears when Hydra howled for her. The young female wondered why she was called. Last time they met it was high in the peaks while she was mulling over the fact that Galaxy took all the attention again. Vela realized she would never have that problem ever again. She instantly felt far more gleeful. The speckled lady made her way towards the howl. She was eager to know why her sister called her. She hung out mostly with her dad, or lately, Drogon. He was helping her learn how to fight. She wanted to be a warrior princess after all.

She soon spotted Hydra and her brother. Vela approached them with a quick trot and a curious expression. Jarilo was basically licking off their bigger sister's face. She watched him with a light frown for a moment. "Hi Hydra and Jar," she greeted the two of them. Her dark blue eyes looked curiously at Hydra though. She didn't greet the two with licks, she usually reserved that for her Mom and Daddy, and Drogon.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra grinned at the sight of Jarilo. His greeting was not missed, and Hydra snapped playfully at him. Content by his submissive gestures, Hydra's demeanor was altogether relaxed. When Vela arrived, Hydra chuffed and veered away from Jarilo, her eyes upon him and then the pale sister. The only girl within the unlucky litter with potential. And even that Hydra did not know. She wanted to find out. 

I did, she spoke to Jarilo, and Hydra glanced to Vela at the verbal greeting. Rumor has it you desire to become a Warrior Princess, Hydra tilted her head, waiting for verbal confirmation from Vela. Hydra circled the duo loosely, licking her chops. She knew Jarilo had been practicing, but for how long had Vela had this interest?
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Playfully through all his licks he tried to avoid some of what she threw back at him. Eventually, the dark-furred boy did begin to settle in and listen better. It didn't surprise him that much of the interest was on Vela's new warrior intention--which he already knew about, of course. But he was also used to his sisters being spotlighted just a bit more sometimes. Before she'd died, it had often been Galaxy, mainly for all of her strange pseudo-death then bear recovery.

Now that Vela wanted to be a fierce warrior too, it was even easier on him. Jarilo didn't say anything about that but he watched his circling sister intently. He was used to that, too, so he knew to be sharp or else it could be even worse than nips back in his direction.
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela perked up her ears with interest when her big sister spoke about her becoming a warrior princess. Their mother must have told her. Vela hadn't told it to other wolves. Or perhaps Jarilo told their sister? Vela didn't mind though. Everyone was welcome to know about it. She lifted her tail and nodded proudly. "Yes!!," she hummed, her freckled face looking excited.

"But I haven't had much practice yet. I only realized it recently I wanted to be one," she explained to her sister. "Drogon has been giving me lessons and such," she added. Perhaps to validate that she was ambitious about it, and had been working on this trade with someone who was at least somewhat professional with it. She hadn't thought to ask her sister as well. She was usually really busy. Vela didn't want to hoard her attention as much as she wanted her father's attention.

Vela noticed that Hydra was circling her brother and her. Vela glanced at Jarilo. She thought she got the hint. The female glanced back to Hydra, squinting her eyes slightly. "Do you want us to fight?," she questioned.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra was very pleased with this recent development in Vela. Hydra, of all her present younger siblings, preferred Jarilo given his preference with her trade. That Vela desired it too meant they could bond all the more, and Hydra could help her become stronger and smarter in battle. She was relieved that she was not all like her other, still breathing, pale sister—Korei Julia.

That is good. The moment you realized, you took action, she commended. She had taught Drogon some things, though not all things; looking to Jarilo, Hydra realized how many warriors they might have in their midst. It gave her an idea...

Hydra paused near Jarilo's flank. She considered her sisters question, then nodded. Let's see what I have to work with, and, after saying this, she stepped away to give them room.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Past experience made him keep a closer watch on his older sister's motions. She could slid seamlessly into offense without warning. He'd seen it happen more than once, but also she could lurk menacingly without even doing anything. The boy had learned about some of what she could deliver. His littermate, he knew, equaled him more closely.

When he got the sense of where this was going, his posture changed and his long legs glided into motion with a new purpose striding each step on. He arced his tail and neck, challenging her to come for his defenses with a haughty swagger. Jarilo was practiced in the way of offense. Everyone who had weathered his teeth since the moment he had them knew about that, so lately lessons were more about his fortification instead of how hard and fast he could hit. "Bring it on!" he snarled, raising a razored set of hackles at his sister. Sensing that Hydra had backed off, he now zeroed in on Vela's blue eyes.
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Shit! So, so, Sorry, somehow this thread wasn't in my thread subscriptions anymore! :O

Vela instantly bared her teeth when Jarilo did so towards her. The female had only learned offense so far so she did what she learned from Drogon. She charged at her brother with as much speed she could gather. When she was close the female tried to barrel her shoulder into Jarilo's right front leg to make him crumble. At least that was the idea. Drogon had taught her that she should get the other to the ground in a fight. Vela was determined to fight against him and win this. In the best case scenario, she could just give him a good bite in his belly or neck.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
He was eager to show off whatever he could to his older sister, and Vela was an opponent he could match far more evenly. Jarilo's defenses still needed polishing, but he was eager and always keen to keep moving--so even on guard, he could make for a fluid target. At the face of her onslaught, he invited her close and when her shoulder struck, he used the momentum she brought to let her motions crumble him, but he was lightning fast to bring his legs back beneath him, maneuvering best he could in a quick roll back to upright. Along the way he did feel her teeth pinch at his side, but he didn't let it bother him and instead focused on getting back to his feet. There, he grinned, and although where her contact had been made smarted a bit, he was not deterred enough to even think twice before he launched back at her, aiming to nip at her underbelly and truly rally back to any and all blows she could bring.

And as they volleyed back and forth, offense and defense shifting, Jarilo's heart raced--joy, aggression, pride, as he could clash his teeth with his sister and have her push him back just the same. He was coming to enjoy the rush more than ever before, especially now that he could stand a chance of his own. He delighted in this absolutely and had no intentions to stop until Hydra guided them otherwise or they found their rightful conclusion in one way, and that was just the way he wanted it.
i'm wrappin! <3