Ankyra Sound Stuck in a limbo - here we go
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
All Welcome 
Maybe @Wylla or @Nyx ?

The wind carried, as always on the coast, the familiar smell of salt and sea. The young female had become quite accustomed to it - had even begun to like the aroma as some sort of therapeutic way of thinking about her childhood. Though born in the heart of Teekon somewhere, at heart, Chusi was a child of the sea. Perhaps that was also why she found herself attracted to Ingram, even when they were younger. Coastal wolves often were less... demanding, in a way. And that thought got her thinking of Darky and what had become of the mute, and that, again, made her long for her family once again. It was a special train of thought - one could even consider it a train wreck since every time she thought these things she felt sad.

She sat in front of two fish she had somewhat caught and somewhat found. They hadn't been hard to grab, though her fishing skills had drastically improved since travels. Alone, there was little large game to hunt, and though she was a scavenger really, at least she could fish. She wondered who was up already, seeing that it was rather early in the morning, and who might be up for sharing a seafood breakfast with her.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
She'd roused before dawn broke, figuring it might be a good idea to contribute something to the land that was to be her home. Nyx had mostly kept herself to herself until recently, when a forced encounter with two of her to-be comrades brough her own loyalty to question. Although she'd never admit it, her uncertainty over how to deal with figuring out where she belonged had very nearly driven her to take her leave of the coast entirely.

Unlike Chusi, the tawny Ostrega had no real love for the coast. But Ingram and Lycaon had asked her to stay, and she'd agreed. Her bond with them began and grew quickly and despite her eagerness to travel deeper inland and explore the mountains her heart longed for, Nyx' blooming affection for her young companions was probably the only thing keeping her rooted to the shore.

Having delivered her share of marking the Western borders with fresh urine, the agouti she-wolf made her way once more toward the coast. The tide was usually out with morning's first light, and she enjoyed scouring the beach for what the sea had left behind. It differed daily: jellyfish, strings of fresh seaweed, odd shells and debris carried in on the waves. Sometimes pebbles of interesting hues, too, smoothed by the current until the surface was flawless.

She did not find any of the cool stuff that morning, however, for her attention was drawn to a lonely figure. Not recognising the darker female, Nyx made her way across the cool sand toward the charcoal yearling with a friendly lash of her feathery tail.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi, surprisingly, wasn't the jealous type. If Ingram was just friends with a few other pretty girls, that was a good thing! He had also struck her as a loner, and it would make her really happy to see him make some friends just like she was always doing. It wasn't hard when you were as easily excited as Chusi was to make friends, though she had learned it put some wolves off too. But, was it her fault for being as she was? She didn't think so. Not the destruction of all her homes, bonds and families had extinguished the spark that kept her going and neither would Ingram falling for someone else. It made her happy to see others happy anyways.

She blinked, long lashes fluttering as she did, noticing a figure coming toward her with a seemingly friendly wave. Chusi smiled her brightest smile, speculating that this was one of not many but not few wolves that would claim this part of the coast. Or perhaps simply a friendly stranger - a friend she hadn't met yet.

Hii! She called over, her own fluffed tail thumping on the sand.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
It was warming, to be greeted with such enthusiasm. As the charcoal she-wolf lifted her head to blink her way and call out with a cheerful greeting, Nyx quickened her stride.

A quick whiff of the air confirmed that the unfamiliar female smelled strongly of the shore. Sea salt hung heavy in the biting Winter air and clung to the pelts of the wolves who resided alongside it; unlike the strangers she had happened upon recently, this one seemed to have been around long enough to blend with their surroundings. And so in acknowledgement of the younger wolfess' place in the pack alongside her, Nyx rumbled contently as she moved in close to give her shoulder a playful shunt with her own.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
The stranger was an interesting sight for sure - especially the gold-like hue that reminded her of the morning sun in Spring. She was far more interesting to look at that herself, Chusi found, but hoped the female would not pity her for thinking such grim things. Though, perhaps with Chusi a different rule counted; less was more. She had gotten some comments on her attractiveness before, but she speculated the mix of gold, charcoal and pale had gotten more attention. She could be wrong.

Chusi got up and sniffed at the other. Not to her surprise, the female was from around here. Not only did she faintly smell like the area but also of the sea - or perhaps that was just the salt having settled permanently into her nostrils. She bowed with a wag of her tail and then went to miss some playful nibs at the other.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
All her life, Nyx' appearance paled considerably in the presence of her far finer sisters. Where Saor, Lestra and Grey were lissome beauties like their mother before them, the largest of the Ostrega girls had always felt so average in comparison. During her travels, her traditional agouti pelt and common yellow eyes meant that she was not one to stand out in a crowd, but this never bothered her: she, often sent astray by wanderlust, sometimes found it difficult to maintain any real relationships with those of her own kind. It was easier for Nyx to remain in the background.

It did occur to her, however, that she was different among the pack she had found herself part of. As far as she was aware, she was the only wolf of earthen hues while her comrades varied between ash and obsidian. Perhaps this was a dominant trait of coastal wolves, but she'd never really paused to consider their breeding. She was one of them now, therefor it did not matter.

Chusi lowered her chest in a bow, a gesture that Nyx could not ignore. She responded with a soft chuff of encouragement, tail arching over her mottled hindquarters to wave playfully against the breeze. Excitement coursed her veins in anticipation of a chase or spar, and so braced herself for the charcoal wolfess to make her intention known.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi grinned, reaching for one of the fish with a swift move of her head and held it by the tail - dangling the slimy yet somehow tasty thing between the two. It had been quite some time that Chusi had gotten to play with someone again. The last couple months had been so serious and nearly felt rushed past now that she was settling in alright at the coast. This felt good and took her back to her first months at Teaghlaigh.

She rumbled a playful tune, encouraging the other to play a slight game of tug-o-war.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
The charcoal female beamed back at her, mischief in her fiery eyes, and Nyx rooted herself to the spot. Expecting her newest playmate to leap toward her in an attempt to wrestle, the golden Ostrega was surprised to see that she instead swept down to the ground, snatching one of her fish between her jaws and allowing it to dangle right before her muzzle - tempting her into a game of tug-o-war.

More than happy to join in, the agouti she-wolf eyed the silvery sea creature for a silent moment. Although she knew how to fish and had done so often during her time at the sound, the taste was something she was still trying to get used to. Mentally preparing herself for the strong possibility that her gag reflex might kick in, Nyx strode forward and gripped the carcass by the head. She jerked her head to the side with a growl, fangs piercing the smooth scales to penetrate the pale flesh beneath.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
It was an interesting breakfast for sure. It had never been necessary for Chusi to fight for her food as the butterfly of the coast, but perhaps it did make things more fun. She smirked as the other took the bait and was glad she had not been her usual chatty self today. That would've just resulted in her giving the fish for free.

But perhaps they had not chosen the right food to play the game with - the spine of a fish was not very firm after all, but that did not stop her. She tugged on her own end with a bark-like growl, teeth finding their way nearly all the way through the tail. If it would continue like this, the fish's carcass had to eventually give up.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
As she made to yank the fish between her jaws, Nyx was met with resistance. Through narrowed yellow eyes, she scrutinised the other wolfess and furrowed her brow in concentration, trying to figure out the best angle to succeed in claiming Chusi's offering. Tail lashing excitedly over her rump, Nyx rumbled a playful growl as she splayed her forelimbs and made to pull downward.

Sooner than she anticipated, the golden agouti felt the bones of their fish give way. It tore in half, tearing the delicate pink flesh and silver scales now marred by wolf teeth, and she lifted her raven-tipped crown to blink at her charcoal playmate in disappointed silence.

The limp remains of the fish dangled from her mouth for several moments before her teeth released their grip, and she scrunched her nose with the flick of her tongue over her lips. "Looks like we need a re-match sometime," she concluded with a smirk at her dark comrade. "With a more appealing prize, I hope."
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Though the game was fun, it was most definitely too short. When the spine gave way while she was still pulling at her end, it made her flop butt-first on the cold sand with an "oof". On the tail hung only a little of the meat, but her energetic spirit had filled her hunger with a new friend already so she dropped it soon after Nyx did. Fish had never been her favorite food, but she knew that sometimes it was necessary to eat what you were provided with to survive.

She shook her floofy main then, jipping a happy; Agreed! at the other with a smile. I'm Fearghal - Chusi fearghal, by tha way. She introduced herself with a small dip and a grin. They had been caught in their game so intensely that they had yet to introduce themselves.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Nyx smirked, amused, upon seeing her dark play-mate stagger backward and land on her butt, and not pull herself to her feet. She lashed her tawny tail triumphantly at this, considering she was still standing. Her head was thrust upward with exaggerated pride, but she failed to keep up her act of "I win and I'm better than you" and burst into a joyful cackle as the other wolfess spat her share of the fish onto the sand.

"I'm Nyx," she grinned, not bothering to extend the introduction of her family name. It had always been an uncertain topic for her anyway, considering she had no real connection to her Ostrega roots. She was a Winterheart, but still carried her secondary surname out of respect for her mother who insisted she hold onto it. She made no further small talk then, opting to take advantage of Chusi's seated position instead by pressing forward and against her in attempt to push her to the ground. Nyx wasn't ready to give up on the game just yet!
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She smiled like the goof she was, not that sore of a loser. Rather lose and have a good game than win and cheat or something. She giggled with her newfound friend happily, shaking from laughter and the cold of her bum on the sand. Nyx huh? That did sound pretty.

She was about to chat some more, but her ocher eyes widened in terror and shock as the form of the other shot at her and trapped her in fur and limbs. She was quick to catch on though and immediately started kicking the other with her strong hind legs in an attempt to escape from under her. Her maw opened to chomp playfully at wherever her teeth might land, if at all, never hard enough to draw blood.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
She leaned in close, her shoulder pressed against the other wolfess' tufted white chest, and parting her jaws to mouth gently at her face. Her teeth clacked against Chusi's own and she accompanied this gesture with a playful growl. Much to her satisfaction, her charcoal comrade fell backward and Nyx loomed over her, reaching down to deliver a number of ticklish nips and nudges to her jaw and throat.

Chusi's hind limbs were hoisted upward, paws connecting with the tawny Ostrega's undersides. She felt her kick and shove, but Nyx was of a solid figure and barely moved; what really got her attention was the sudden pressure of a firm hold on the loose hide at the side of her strong neck, and she froze for a moment to rumble with feigned disapproval as she contemplated her next move.

Tail lashing energetically at her rear, she forced her muzzle upward to make attempt at connecting her fangs gently to her play-mate's dark cheek: you let me go, I'll let you go!
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Trying to clean up my threadlog a bit - mind ending this soon? :)

The charcoal warrior's desperate kicks seemed for nothing as Nyx's sturdy figure loomed over her. Though Chusi knew it was a game, a fun one at that, she couldn't remember the last time someone had pinned her to the ground like this. Was her warrior trade truly just for show?

Chusi's chomping mouth quickly held on to the side of her packmate's neck, her teeth only holding her firmly but not breaking the skin. Her victory, however, was shortly lived as the two girls soon became a strange twister-monstrosity and the only way for them both to go on or quit the game was to let go. Chusi did, immediately trying to find her way from under the other's form.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Fading here. :)

The dark wolfess released her grip, then squirmed beneath Nyx' hold. Content to end their little tussle before it turned messy, the golden Ostrega rose her paw from where she'd pinned Chusi by the chest and hopped over her grounded form. Feathered ail still lashing cheerfully as she turned her vivid eyes to observe her wriggle on the ground.

She made to take her leave with a fond farewell then, leaving her comrade to do as she pleased with the remainder of her day, and re-assumed her hunt for trinkets along the shore.