Arrow Lake Gimmie your face!
5 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
[size=large]
Munchmunch was in his usual grouchy mood. That never changed. He was on the prowl for water, and had found it rather quickly. He waded in just up his his belly and drank his fill while thought of wolves bounced through his head. A rather stupid lot, if you asked him. All they did was take and take, and try and run him off. Well, too bad for them he wasn't going anywhere.

Lifting his head, he turned back to dry land, using his wet claws to dig through the earth to find a cool spot. He huffed and he puffed out his sour mood before plopping down in the cool dirt. Just let someone try and run him off again. He was always up for a good challenge. And a good meal.

[/size]
<small><b>AVATAR BY EMALEE.</b></small>
121 Posts
Ooc —
Following a small but nonetheless annoying argument, Turquoise and Rivet parted ways to explore on their own. Turq loped to the southeast, then headed up into the mountains. She loved being up high. She sort of hoped that she and Riv would find a pack that lived high in the mountains. They had both come from forests, so she imagined her lover would also appreciate a change in scenery. As she thought of the svelte DeMonte, Turquoise frowned thoughtfully, then shook her head as if to shake off thoughts of her.

As she climbed up and down the various crags, Turq discovered a hidden footpath and followed it into a sort of bowl worn into the mountainside. She emerged onto the shore of a lake and blinked. "A hidden lake?" she said aloud, her voice breaking an almost preternatural silence. Although she supposed it was a cool find, a little shiver slithered down the stripe along her spine. She felt like she was in some sort of fishbowl. Deciding she didn't like it, Turq turned to go.

As her eyes scanned the foliage, she was dismayed when she couldn't find the path she'd taken. She trotted along the treeline, looking for any sign of the trail, fighting off a rising sense of panic. She wanted to get out of here already. Turq thrust her tawny head into the trees time and time again, sustaining scratches on her snout and cheeks. She paid no attention. She just wanted to find that damn path.

Suddenly and without realizing it, a frantic Turquoise abruptly tripped over something large and warm hidden just inside the thick foliage. She tripped and fell, her chin banging harshly on the ground and causing her to bite her tongue. Groaning, she rolled over and regained her feet, backpedaling furiously out of the trees. She still faced them, bewilderment etched onto every line of her face. Whatever she had tripped over was still hidden and she didn't know whether to poke her head in there or simply walk (or maybe run) away...
5 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
[size=medium]
All had been peaceful since Munchmunch had laid down, curling his body up and settling in for a quick snooze. It hadn't planned to be in that area for long, so he hadn't bothered to look for a pre-made den. He was about to regret that decision.

Suddenly, something hard hit his back and sent him rolling in the dirt. Growls immediately started erupting from his throat, vicious and a clear warning of what was about to follow. He was disoriented for a moment as he tried to regain his footing and his bearings. When he had, he looked around furiously for the idiot that had awoken him.

Movement caught his eye. He didn't even think- just reacted. Powerful hindquarters launched his body into motion and he went barreling towards the unlucky wolf, jaws open as his growling continued. Unfortunately, his own luck wasn't that great, either. He wasn't paying any attention to the ground, and therefore missed the small root butting up from it. His leg caught it, his momentum sending him rolling for several feet before coming to a stop. He continued to growl, but his mind had gotten distracted from the wolf and instead he turned around and attacked the root.

[/size]
121 Posts
Ooc —
A burst of growls preceded the emergence of a small, furious beast from the foliage. Turquoise's ears pressed backward and she backpedaled a few more steps as the creature—a wolverine, she realized—charged toward her. At the last second, it stumbled over some obstacle in its path. When it recovered, it savagely attacked the root over which it had tripped, leaving Turq to look on in fascination and terror, the former soon overcoming the latter.

"I think it's already dead," she said smartly, aware that goading the wolverine might lead to a nasty confrontation. "That was my bad," she acknowledged a beat later, hoping to placate its fury. "Sorry I tripped over you. I didn't see you there. You're not... hurt, are you?" she questioned, all the while keeping her distance and positioning herself to make a quick dodge should the wolverine renew its would-be attack.
5 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
[size=medium]
He immediately ceased his attack on the root when the voice reached his ears. He went still for just a moment before turning around to face the stupidly brave wolf. He growled his displeasure at her, angry that she had woken him up by tripping over him. While he usually would have continued his chase, he was too lazy at the moment. He wasn't going to waste any more energy than he already had on her.

Hot from the short chase, turned his attention to the dirt beneath him, mumbling as he raked his claws across the ground, attempting to reach the cool earth beneath the surface. "Stupid wolves- always getting in my way. Can't even take a nap." Once his paws felt the cool dirt, he turned in a circle a few times before plopping down, not at all worried about any attack from the female.

[/size]
121 Posts
Ooc —
He didn't answer her question. When he spoke, he didn't seem to be talking to her at all. Turq's ears flicked backward at the indirect insult and an indignant, "Hey," escaped her. "It was an accident, like I told you. What's your problem?"

Yet he seemed determined to ignore her. Turquoise watched as he scratched at the ground, then circled a few times and flopped down. Another wolf might have let him alone and went on her way. Yet his blatant ignorance of her sort of pissed her off. She was higher up on the food chain, after all.

"You know, I could hurt you," she said loudly, coming no closer yet. "On purpose," she clarified, to differentiate from the accidental tripping.
5 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
[size=medium]He had been prepared to leave her be. To let her go. To forget that she had so rudely awaken him from his slumber. It seemed, however, she didn't want this free pass. So be it.

Her voice reached his ears and his lifted his head, turning it towards her with a growl. His problem? She was the one who had tripped over him. Why, all of a sudden, was he the bad guy? He had just been laying there!

Angry at her threat, his picked his large body up off the ground, facing her squarely. She thought she could take him. Challenge accepted. He lunged at her, jaws open, ready to clamp down on whatever body part he could. Naturally, he would go for her throat first.

[/size]
121 Posts
Ooc —
Her threat seemed to get through to him. The wolverine turned toward her and, with very little preamble, made a savage pass at her. "Whoa!" Turquoise screeched, all four black feet leaving the earth as she leaped like a spooked deer. She managed to jump clear of his warpath, though just barely.

She leaped again, putting more space in between herself and the crazy creature, facing him now with surprise and a sort of respect. His attack had been much quicker and more savage than she'd expected. It sort of impressed her. It was suddenly clear that he could hurt her too—probably badly.

"Okay, I get it," she said to him levelly, "you could hurt me too. Fair enough. Now will you just let me leave—leave you alone—or are you going to try to bite my ass the second I turn to go?" she inquired mistrustfully.