Bearclaw Valley this is the last take for the night, understand it's kinda late
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet

It had been an eventful day, Blondine thought. She'd discovered a new region of this land and found a friend within it, but it wasn't hers to wander through. Clearly, Indra wasn't the only wolf who lurked in these parts, and if that was true, Blondine wanted to do things right. She planned on staying there, yes, but she had no plans on having a repeat of what happened at the last borders she wandered by.

There were no clear signs of an established pack, so she figured that she had a bit more wiggle room with exploring, though she was sure not to push it. As she waddled by the same stream that she'd found Indra beside, she wondered more about the group planning to settle in.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Where others saw a barely established pack, he saw something sturdy enough to withstand even the greatest of forces. There was history there, a long one, that acted as a foundation for the pack; Xan, having originated from the first pack to lay claim to Bearclaw, ensured that this remained true. And so those that wandered into his land unwelcome—and disrespected him by doing so—were not so kindly met; Laurel and Indra both had ventured in without permission some time ago with the former being greeted by hostility, yet, they’d both been allowed to stay. He was not so strict as to attack without warning—not yet, at least, though he was considerably quicker to react since the maiming of Indra.

So when he discovered the female well within the walls of his home, he did not outright attack her, but he did advance forward with his gaze hardened into a glare. “Out,” was the first word to leave his mouth as he approached, ears erect and tail out straight. In that moment, he didn’t see her as a potential recruit, just as a threat to his home and those within it.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
It seemed that no matter where she went, everyone had a stick up their ass. Blondine turned around immediately in response to being barked at, then fixed herself properly so as to appear less shaken up than she was. The brute was clearly in some sort of authoritative position, or naive enough to think he is, she thought. His voice had been low and striking, but she had come with a mission — one that she planned on carrying out. 

Regardless of her internal thought process, she allowed instincts to take her; ears flicked back, spine crouched, tail tucked. Still, even from this angle, she held a certain gleam in her eye that screamed to the male, I'm not finished. I can give more than you might think. Maybe let me explain 'fore you go kicking me on my ass.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There was no reason for him to hear her out, or do anything other than get rid of her. She had wandered into his land as if she belonged there—something so simple yet so problematic—showing blatant disrespect for his authority by doing so. He had every right to get her out of there in whichever way he deemed fit, as far as he was concerned, but something stopped him. Her body language, despite the gleam in her eyes, quelled his aggravation and satisfied his need for respect; it gave her time to speak and plead her case.

“Then speak,” he ordered, more of the distance between stolen in the process. He wanted—needed—to be closer, ready to lash out and correct her should she do anything that displeased him.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
She had asked, and grace had been given. I don't look like much, Blondine began, but I've been workin' since I can remember. Took care of my Pa after he went crazy, then helped with my brother who was never quite right, bless his heart. I know how to hunt and I know how to fight; you got to when you grow up the only girl.

Blondine paused for a moment and bit at the inside of her cheek whose outward scabs had just barely hardened. I also know how to keep folks in order. I'm good at that. He might not have believed her. She wouldn't have blamed him, either; Blondine was thin and injured, but on the inside, boy, was she something. I need somewhere to stay and I'm guessing you wanna get this place up and running. Let's help each other.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
She spoke and he listened, taking into account each word said whilst eyeing her. He was skeptical of her being there, despite his decision to let her speak, and this he made known—especially as she explained how she’d looked after her family members. He figured she was just buying herself some time before scurrying off but, once her past was out in the open, her actual skills followed after. Hunters would always be needed for as long as food was a key component of survival, as were warriors; those that could defend the valley were worth keeping around, assuming their loyalty remained unbroken. And though these reasons were far more enticing than the tale about looking after her father and brother, he found himself with a question regarding her role as a caretaker. “What do you mean when you say you took care of them?” he asked. “Did you treat them medically, or just babysit?” Whilst Poet was there as the acting medic, Indra’s attack made it clear that it wouldn’t hurt to have at least two around.

Keeping others in order wasn’t something that really caught his attention, the job being one that he’d assigned to himself. Besides, she was a small, slender girl—against a brute twice her size, he doubted she’d be able to control him. “I don’t let just anyone stay here,” he told her. “If I let you, what will you do when you go out beyond these walls? Are you just going to wander into other packs’ territories, too?” He couldn’t have that happening. Sure, he might be able to smooth things over if she did so at Easthollow, but what about all of the other packs? He didn’t need that risk hanging over him.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Both, Blondine sighed, My Pa wasn't right in the head and my brother wasn't right in any sense. I mostly watched Pa while I was in charge of keeping Grantville stable, inside I mean. Kept his body in order. It seemed that the worst of the storm had ended, but she didn't doubt that the fire could flare back up at any moment. If it did, she was prepared this time — Blondine refused to act the same way she had before. She didn't need another injury so soon. 

The question was patronizing, but nothing that she couldn't handle. I wouldn't need to. I'd be too busy here to wander anywhere.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
She gave him a reason to think—to really think—and actually consider letting her stay. “Do you know how to treat wounds?” he asked. Taking care of someone’s mind wasn’t the same as treating their body; some treatments would heal one but harm the other. He was far more interested in medicines for the body than the mind, of course, nothing having happened thus far that would require the care of the mind. Indra didn’t need her brain fixed, after all, just her body.

Xan wasn’t convinced when she mentioned keeping put. She seemed like the type to go wherever, whenever—based solely on her careless entry into his home. Really, he didn’t know enough to judge her, but that didn’t stop him from doing so. He wanted to make his doubts known but instead held his tongue, deciding to wait and see if he might need her around before insulting her.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Blondine nodded her head silently. Her aunts had taught her how to properly care for wounds and breaks, and since there never seemed to be a shortage of injuries, she'd had a lot of practice. Any kind. Caring for the wound was easy once the bleeding stopped; that was the hard part. I'm good with breaks and such, too. Not just open wounds. A moment of silence passed on her end before finally offering up her name, I'm Blondine Abernathy.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
So, she could treat wounds—useful. “You can stay,” he decided after a long pause. It would benefit the pack if he kept her around, but he did need some sort of proof of her abilities. Which gave him an idea. “If”—he paused, a challenge in his voice—“you treat one of my pack members. She was attacked recently and has received treatment from another member, but I want you to give her constant care.” Every moment of every day, she would need to be there for her, ready to help her along through the healing process. “Anything she needs, you’ll give it to her,” he clarified. “Got it?” The sooner her wounds healed, the better.

“I’m Alexander,” the albino added. “You can call me Xan.” If not for her having given a name first, he likely would have forgotten to ask and share altogether.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
There was a sigh of relief and the slight relaxation of her hind muscles upon hearing that her trial was over, for the most part, at least. Who is it? she asked. When she'd seen Indra, she was clearly away from the healthy state Blondine had left her in. If the rouge femme was the wolf that Xan was referring to, then she saw no issue with having to care for the poor girl. The only problem that she could predict was the stress and emotional strain of watching a friend suffer, but that was a part of life, and it wouldn't have been the first time.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Alexander’s own body relaxed shortly after she had, easing up and letting his tail fall; it remained raised higher than hers but was no longer arched over his back. “Her name’s Indra,” he answered. “Small, red—missing a tail.” Which was something that she’d be treating. Obviously, her tail couldn’t be brought back or replaced, but what was left behind still needed medical attention to keep an infection from setting in. There was no way he’d lose her to that, or anything, especially not so earlier on after meeting her.

“I can introduce you to her, after you get whatever plants you’ll need,” he offered, not knowing that the two had already met. As far as he knew, this was her first time being in the valley, and he had no knowledge of Laurel and Indra’s travels following their acceptance into the valley.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Blondine swallowed hard and took a moment to think. I know her, she told him, Met her a little while back. She'd wanted to know what had happened to her, but it didn't seem like a good idea to press, given the way that Indra had been found. What happened?
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Oh, they already knew one another.

That made his job—or rather, the lack thereof—a lot easier. He’d never been one to handle introductions well, anyways. “She was attacked,” he repeated. “I don’t know who or why, but they ripped her tail off.” Although it was a terrible loss, he was thankful that her attacker hadn’t taken more—like her life. A tail was nothing, as long as she didn’t die.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Blondine nodded. Indra had mentioned a man, so she put the pieces together as to what this attack had really been for herself. She'd never experienced a crime so heinous but her aunts had; both of them had gone through it and healed, the same way Blondine knew Indra would. She sighed and shook her head gently. Alright, yeah, I'll...I'll see to her. Blondine looked at Xan for permission or better, his first move, to depart and search out her friend.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
In truth, Xan didn’t have all of the details. He hadn’t been there when Indra was attacked, and he couldn’t identify her attacker with a single look, either. But he could surround her with medics, give her the chance to heal, and then someday possibly venture out and tear down the man that had wounded her; however long it took, he would be ready.

With nothing more to say, he gave a nod of his head and dismissed the girl, hopefully for her to go off and find her newly appointed ward. He then turned away and headed off towards the entrance, eager to set out on a short trip to work out whatever built-up energy he had remaining from his encounter with the woman.