King Elk Forest you look familiar, did you forget about me?
see my heart, i decorate it like a grave
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
He felt more restless than he thought he would in this new home.

The former soldier had been on the move since he had lost it all, fleeing the scene that had left his torn heart on the ground, and now it felt oh so wrong to stop running. Surely their ghosts would catch up to him now; they flitted along the wind, the sharpest spikes aimed for his chest. Bile came up in his throat, his hackles rose, and then he was forced from his laying position, retching. Nothing came up but bitter acid.
The sting in his throat grounded him, reminded him he was here and alive-- and they were dead. It brought relief and fresh agony in equal parts, to realize this; they would not come for him, ever.

Nathaniel shook his coat out roughly, as if this might dislodge the grief like burrs from his skin. Frustration filled him, irrational and satisfying, when it did not. He whipped around with a growl, anger already written into his expression when he set off on another damned walk.
Take a fuckin' walk, Nathaniel. He hissed to himself, eyes trained on the ground. That'll help for sure.

The ex-soldier didn't see the girl at all as he approached her, silent now but still clearly fuming. He was on a course to pass right by her without even noticing.
i've eaten the sun,
so my tongue has been burned of the taste

Mona is allowed in ALL of Nathaniel's threads, including private ones.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you look familiar, did you forget about me? - by Nathaniel Sr. - January 21, 2018, 01:09 AM