King Elk Forest Lose the Feeling
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
All Welcome 
ooc: hoping to snag some pack members gracious hasn't met yet ^^

The morning was off to a slow start for Gracious, she hadn't done too much so far besides console Brienne and meet Sunflower. The two ladies were rather pleasant to talk to, the older woman wouldn't mind talking to them both again soon. The same went for Delight, she wanted to visit the young alpha soon as well and check up on him. It wasn't that she doubted his capability of living on his own or making his own decisions, Gracious just wanted to see him because he was her friend. The two could have a wonderful time catching up with one another, she hadn't actually seen the little man since the time she joined. One could almost critique the woman for thinking thoughts seen as almost too pure and sweet and naive. Truth be told, the woman was naive and often let her heart lead her to places of danger. But maybe then she would learn to also use her head and her gut too.

The burly woman had set off in a long stride trot to go and explore the vast forest before her. The atmosphere was chilling, snowflakes fluttered around her like tiny ballerina dancers as the wind gently blew through her fluffy coat. Soon, the lady came to a skidding halt, triangle ears pressed forward as her grey diamonds locked onto the sight before her. A rabbit, white as snow, but had enough of an outline around it to provide contrast to Gracious's vision. While she wasn't necessarily starving, she hadn't eaten yesterday or this morning. A plump breakfast like that would surely keep her hunger settled for the day.

She stood still, like a deer caught in headlights, as she observed the small mammal move across the snowy land. Often it would pause to sniff the ground but would constantly hop forward. It was a good distance away, a few yards or so. But if Gracious was fast enough, she could easily catch the small thing. She would have to make her move now or never, any meal could easily become her last. Placing her front left leg forward, like a runner would before a race, the woman prepared herself to launch off. When she pushed off, snow hit the ground as her hind legs scooped it up and tossed it behind her.
[Image: source.gif]
Gracious is currently traveling with Oceane; she is allowed to join all threads Gracious is in unless they are marked private 
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Queenie's jaws snapped around the neck of the hare with a resonating break. It struggled against her grip for a moment or two, then went limp where it hung from her mouth. There was a moment of silence in Queenie's mind; everything seemed too slow and narrow as if she were being stretched alongside the world around her. The metallic drippings of fresh blood ran from her mouth to the unblemished fur of her snout, falling onto the snow with a pang that echoed in her ears.

It was then that she was able to bring herself back to reality, realizing that she'd stolen someone else's meal. The woman who'd pounced was much older than Queenie with the eyes of a sage, not unlike those of Grann Elyse. Those unfamiliar eyes conjured up memories that might have been considered too familiar, ironically, and Queenie didn't want to stick around to see what else the old woman might conjure up. It's yours, she whispered after dropping the hare.
Hiya!
Please take the time to read through this post.
Happy roleplaying!
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Alas, Gracious wasn't quick enough to scoop up the hare that was in front. Another wolf, who looked to be a smaller and younger female, had her teeth already around its' neck before giving it a sickening crunch to end its life. Slowing down her pace so the two wouldn't crash, Gracious broke gait and entered a closer proximity to the girl at a trot. Panting a bit as her breath fogged up on her face, the pale lady finally halted once she was in hearing distance. When the younger one dropped the rabbit and told Gracious to have it, she was quite surprised. Here she was, this young wolf who Gracious had never seen before, offering her own kill to someone else. Perhaps she saw Gracious gun for it, maybe it was just a streak of kindness. Whatever it was, Gracious felt grateful.

"While I appreciate the offer," she started off quietly and breathy, "you killed it, so it should belong to you, my friend." It wasn't that she didn't want the rabbit by any means, it was that Gracious had enough respect for hunters to know that they deserve to eat what they catch. She applied to no law of the jungle where it's kill or be killed. She believed in civility and fairness above all. "May I ask for your name though? she asked politely, holding her body in a position of neutrality.
Gracious is currently traveling with Oceane; she is allowed to join all threads Gracious is in unless they are marked private 
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Queenie scoffed and rolled her eyes, turning back to hiss, I said it's yours, then, in a softer tone, I don't want it, lady. After realizing that she was speaking to one of her elders, Queenie settled her ears back and looked down at her paws, It's...I'm Stephanie, ma'am. It had been months since she'd last introduced herself as something other than Queenie; her own name felt foreign on her tongue. 

I didn't actually want it. I just -- it's yours.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Youth. 

Gracious didn't remember the last time she met someone with an attitude like this before (not that it was a bad thing, it added excitement to her days). She lifted her gaze, not to appear bigger or give off the idea of being dominant, but more so that she didn't want it to seem she was looking down at Queenie. While her way of saying things wasn't as sugar-coated and honeyed as Gracious, she at least had good intentions with what she said. Fluidly, the older woman grabbed the scruff of the plump hare and placed it down by her paws. Arguing would get them nowhere, so Gracious let the girl have her pride in being giving and took the kill. "Thank you, Stephanie," she said politely as she offered her a smile that radiated warmth.

"You just...?" she asked her, perhaps nudging her to answer. It wasn't that she was trying to bait her to say something wrong, it was mostly that Gracious was just genuinely curious about her intentions. But if she provided no answer, then she would let it blow over like the breeze on a meadow.  "Have you settled in fine, Stephanie? Met the others, explored a bit?" The conversation would easily die if she let the rabbit be the only topic. Gracious wanted to be as welcoming as possible, so extending the conversation would perhaps do her good. Hopefully.
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Queenie shook her head and huffed in frustration. There was no real way to finish the statement; she didn't know what she'd planned on saying. I don't want to meet anyone else. I've just been doing what I need to do. There was no use in meeting anyone else; any relationship formed here would be temporary. Queenie didn't plan on staying any longer than she needed to, and most of what she'd needed to get done had been completed. It was almost time for her to move on. 

Why are you talking to me like that? she asked, feeling insulted by the patronization she had perceived. I'm not some kid, you know, you don't have to talk to me like I'm dumb.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Her answer was short and to the point. Gracious didn't think much of it, although she mentally labeled Stephanie as anti-social. Not much thought was put into the behavior being expressed, not once did it cross the lady's mind that Stephanie may be gone once winter comes to a close. However, even if she was, gracious probably couldn't force her to stay. Others perhaps, but with a spirit as independent and sure-minded as Stephanie's, it'd almost be a lost cause.

As for her tone, this actually caught the misty woman off guard. Was it seen as patronization? Perhaps in this case considering the age gap between the 2 females. "I'm sorry if you think that I'm treating you like you're dumb," she apologizes politely, "but I talk to everyone like this." Gracious wasn't lying when she said this. Whether the animal is a wolf, a leader, or a new member, she would always treat them with dignity and respect that she could muster. Perhaps the only thing anyone could ever note about the way Gracious speaks changing is when she speaks to someone of a higher ranking or to someone who she shares a mutual hatred for with said animal.

"I didn't realize courtesy has become so rare that it's seen as patronization."  Now, her answer wasn't meant to be seen as rude, if anything, she wanted it to be straightforward (and maybe a little sugar-coated too). Gracious didn't want to get on Stephanie's bad side, not because she was afraid of the girl, but more or less she just wanted to have a nice relationship with her, along with everyone else. Having good social connections is what Gracious can often do best, thawing the cold ones and rowling up the hyper ones.
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
There was a pause from Queenie as she thought of a response. She became tight-lipped and her ears fell back passively; mine yourself, she thought, remembering her lessons. When she'd felt attacked by anyone, verbally or physically, it was Daddy Bruce who handled it. He had always tried to protect his little girl up until the day she'd left him. Knowing that he was at home with her gave her the peace of mind that she needed to mouth off whenever and however she pleased.

But when the two were separated, Daddy Bruce had made a point of making sure that Queenie knew she ought to mind her manners until they were together again. 

Queenie took a deep breath and looked away. The way you talk, you sound like my Grann, she whispered, pausing then, Grann Elyse was a bitter, jealous whore with the temperament of a toddler. Not wanting to be misunderstood, Queenie thought that she should explain, I'm not saying that's what you're like, lady. I'm jus' saying that the way you speak to me, I don't not like it 'cause of you, it's 'cause of her.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Apologies for late response, I've been sick (also I love how organic this thread is)

When she explained, Gracious felt a wave of embarrassment wash over her. Despite her older age, she should've known better than to act high and mighty with her assumptions. The misty lady dipped her head low, "My apologies for assuming." It made her think, just a little bit, about why her Grandmother would be rude to her. Was she perhaps the reason why Stephanie was so straightforward? Well, Gracious couldn't assume anything again, so she left the idea alone.

"Well, I can try to sound differently when I talk to you,"  she offered her, doubting she would even take the option. Gracious had always spoken with the eloquence of a mother, soft and warm. But if speaking differently meant that she wouldn't upset her, then, by all means, she would do so. She could harden her voice and speak in a more direct tone, that wouldn't be a problem.
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Queenie huffed and looked away. This conversation was starting to push at her soft parts, the ones that she'd been able to keep so carefully wrapped up. Don't worry about it, she hissed, though her voice remained low and respectful. It was easy for her to be angered by the elderly but it was rare to see her lash out without proper provocation. 

I'll go now, she stated, not wanting to bother Gracious any further than she had.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
She wasn't aware she was unravelling the girl, gently undoing the knots tied that would keep her softer shell hidden. All she could really pick up on was that she and Stephanie weren't going to be on the best terms, though it wasn't like she wanted it to be that way to begin with. Alas, not everyone was as entertained with talking to others as the mountain woman was herself. She opened her mouth to say something, perhaps to stop the pretty lady from leaving, but soon she shut her trap.

She was in no position to keep others locked up with her and forced to converse. Dipping her head lightly towards her, Gracious bid the girl a farewell. "I hope to see you around" she offers her. Kneeling down, she swiftly plucked up the hare in her jaws and turned to head her own way, seeing that the conversation pool was dried up.