Blacktail Deer Plateau oh, yes madam, right away
101 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird

Forrest was growing antsy with excitement; it was difficult for even a saged woman to contain herself with the prospect of pups becoming so real. She had entered Morningside with the promise of offering her services as a midwife to the expectant mothers Dawn had mentioned at the border, but it was admittedly a bit worrying that she hadn't met them yet on a more personal level. 

She'd been thinking about the herbs she would need to search out over the next few weeks and planned a small adventure for herself. Perhaps Forrest would ask little Lavender if she might be interested in tagging along, though she made sure not to get her hopes up. Besides, it was the least important thought she had racing through her mind as she scoured the territory for the Alpha pair.
"Life is a winking light in the darkness."
Hayao Miyazaki
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —

Things were going to happen soon. Catori could feel it. Even in her bones it seemed like she was slowly burning, her heat would hit her sooner rather than later and she just hoped that she held out until the hunter's moon. It was when she felt the most connected to her family - and now that she'd found her cousins she wanted to be sure to introduce both sides of her family together. 

She'd told Grayday many tales about her mute cousins, her boisterous brother, her passionate family - she had an endless pride for them. She was on Grayday's trail to talk to him about them when she encountered an unknown (to her) female. She'd stiffened a bit, but, was reassured by the scent of her pack mates she picked up. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
101 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
@Grayday still feel free to jump in!

Forrest noticed the change in the air and turned to see just who she'd crossed paths with. A smile crept slowly across her maw as she lowered her head and took in the stranger's appearance. She was young but fully grown with a uniquely colored pelt unlike any Forrest had ever come across. A moment was spent in admiration before she actually spoke. Pardon me, she began, I don't believe we've met.
Hayao Miyazaki
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori was used to people admiring her coat. She knew that she wasn't like most creatures and she knew the sort of creatures that shared her particular pattern were few and far in between. They were a special lot, a unique bunch, and Catori was honored to carry the colors that she did. She offered a thin smile at the introduction and added the name to memory. Forrest wasn't too unique of a name, especially in Morningside, with the simple and succinct nature of the Sameth names. Hers were a bit different. Many of her family had names related to water, and she felt a different. She knew it was more towards the nature of her being verses just with the trend and it set her apart. "Catori Corten," She said quickly - not wanting to seem rude while she worked over her thoughts. Too often she found herself getting lost in them lately. "Have you been here long?" She asked curiously - she couldn't remember seeing her before so maybe it was only a brief time she'd run with Morningside. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
101 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
Forrest Evergreen, she replied with a smile and a nod, Not too long at all. Something seemed to be on the woman's mind, but because it was wisked away so quickly and with so little recognition, Forrest thought that it wasn't worth bringing up. Dawn took me in as the resident midwife for this season. If her hunch was correct, then based on body language, this was the mother she would be working with.
Hayao Miyazaki
226 Posts
Ooc —

A quick nod was given once Catori heard that Forrest was a midwife. She had given little thought to the coming season medically, but it would be a boon to have a medic present for her sake until Coelacanth was tracked down. She planned on being attended by her cousin during the birth. "This will be my first season to whelp." Catori explained, and having the extra knowledge certainly wouldn't hurt anything. No one else in the pack had given birth to her knowledge after all. 

101 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
Forrest gave a firm nod of her head and sighed, remembering her first season as a mother. It's a wonderful thing, I'd never deny that. But it is hard. Motherhood was one of the few things unique to women; Forrest believed that every young wolfess deserved the chance to experience it firsthand. Stories of other mother's adventures was one thing, but being able to weave your own was another. Are you excited?
Hayao Miyazaki