Mudminnow River Warmer than a runaway spirit
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Private 
@Onyx Saefyn Reunion time! :) <3

He was a traveller at heart always - even with the love he had developed deep within his chest for his family and his pack, the land was something he also loved. He adored the feeling of the breeze rushing against his face and the open stretches of land before him that were full of secrets for him to uncover and learn. The man had a clear map of everywhere he had explored in his mind, but it was never complete. It never would be, he supposed, but that gave him all the more reason to discover what he could with the time he had. So, with a wistful flick of his ears, he set off to explore once more.

His black-tipped paws carried him swiftly across the ground coated in snow, a dot of cream standing out amongst the white that seemed almost to glow in the early afternoon. As much as he adored the early hours of the morning, that was when he tended to work - patrolling, marking, as he always did. The afternoon was almost his only free time, though it was purely by choice that he worked as hard and as often as he did. It was his desire to protect, to ensure the safety of his home, his wife, his children and his pack.

Mawk stopped briefly by the edge of the river, large head leaning downward to take gentle sips of the icy water that chilled his throat as he drank. He lowered himself onto his haunches, then, once he had finished, and stared at his reflection. What a different wolf he had become. For now a wolf he truly was, and he was sure his father would be proud - he was much less of a dog than he had ever been, despite the curled tail hanging across his back.
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Her mind kept going back to the hunt a few days previous, a smile playing on her lips as she made her way over the land. The pang of the loss of that companionship was sharper than the rest, although she had no idea why. Wrinkles came between her eyes as she loped, her graceful movements almost dancer like. She walked away from him this time, unlike the other ones she had met. They had always walked away. 

The cool sudden breeze cleared her head, and she blinked rapidly. She shouldn't space out like that. It was very dangerous. She shook herself, her thick coat looking healthy, besides the twigs  stuck in her fur. Chiding herself, she stopped and stretched her front paws out and bowed. She was sore from that tumble down the steep hill. 'Another reason you shouldn't zone out, Onyx.' Sighing, her eyes scanned the scenery, alert once more. Her ears pricked forward, hearing water. She smacked her jaws, her mouth suddenly very dry. She started trotting, her eyes already looking for the river, her paws hitting the cold ground quietly. It was one thing she was good at. Staying quiet. Even as a pup, she was never loud. That part of her history was vague in her memory. Her curiosity pushed her onward, not knowing if what she seeked was even there for her to find. 

Stopping suddenly, she put her snout in the air and sniffed deeply. Another wolf. So soon? How many were in this territory? She would have to be careful. Walking over a slight hill, she stopped and tilted her head. The wolf was staring into the water. Her eyes widened at the tail. Curly, it wasn't like hers. Partial wolf, perhaps? Taking a few more steps, she warily eyed him on the other side. Was this a trap? Why would the wolf sit there like this? Curiousity yet again won out, and she chuffed a hesitant greeting, her ears pricked forward.
I am a searcher. Always was. I still am...searching for the missing piece.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk had zoned out entirely, but was drawn back by a scent passing to his nostrils through the wind. Despite any stealth the other might have, the wind's direction had shifted slightly and so her scent caught his attention - the male pricked his ears, swivelling atop his head toward the source of the stranger's scent, and it did not take long for his head to follow, fiery gaze seeking out that who had disturbed his peace. Not that he particularly minded, of course. Company of a stranger, although he would be wary, was often not harmful.

His amber eyes met those of a dark, chocolate brown on the other side of the river to himself, and the man simply blinked for a moment, before shaking his head nonchalantly. Those eyes, they seemed so distantly familiar, even from the space between them, but he could not place from where - and so the thought left his mind as he tipped his head in a nod of greeting. "Hello," The voice rumbled from his throat, lips quirking in a friendly smile.
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
She watched as his large head turned towards her. He was big. Warily, she flicked her ears, but she stayed. Large stranger or not, that water looked too inviting to pass up. An unexpected recognition passed through her, which was, to say the least, was confusing. She had never seen this wolf before. It was a vague feeling, as if she were trying to see her memories in a river as cloudy as this one. Shaking her head slightly at his voice, she nodded back then tilted her head. "Hello. I hope I did not disturb you." Her voice was a bit rough, her throat scratchy. Coughing to clear her voice, she gave him a small smile. "I heard the water and followed the noise. I need a drink. Excuse me for just a moment." 

She glanced at him once more as she lowered her head. The cold liquid was soothing as it went down. Lapping the refreshing water up, she almost closed her eyes. Her stomach thanked her with a feeling of fullness, and she lifted her head, the water still dripping. The roughness of her voice was gone as she spoke, curiosity filling it. It was spoken as a statement, but the curiousity made it almost sound like a question. "It has only been a week since I saw my last wolf. They seem to be numerous in this territory."
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
He shook his head gently at her words, reassuring her that she was fine. "Don't worry, I was just lost in thought." A small chuckle fell from his lips and as she began to take a drink, he took a few more sips of his own, the water cooling his throat despite the chill of winter that had claimed the land already. There was silence for a moment, both wolves content to stick to themselves, until the girl across the river spoke up again.

He gave a slight nod of his head, smile growing as he seized the chance to talk about the land. As a scout, it was his biggest interest aside from protecting those that he cared about. "The valley is a lovely place, and there are numerous spots perfect for packs. There are some great hunting places, too, and it tends to attract plenty of visitors."

"I assume you aren't from around here, then?" He inquired with a quirk of his brow.
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
She smiled and relaxed as he began to talk. She could hear the adoration he had for the territory. It was beautiful, she had to admit. Even the steep hill she stumbled down had it's perks. She wondered how many wolf packs were around here. She suppressed the wariness that she felt deep within her. 

Giving herself a little shake, she sat down and tilted her head as she thought about where she wanted to look next. She was getting weary of looking for what she wanted..yearned for... answers. And a family. Blinking, she shoved the longing away and focused once again on the wolf in front of her as he asked her a question. 

Flicking her ears, she hesitated, but spoke with a small smile. "Definitely not. My origin is way up north. I've been on my own for.. almost 3 years." Her eyes were rimmed with curiosity as she looked at him. "Were you born here?" It would be a beautiful place to live, if she was honest with herself. She sighed softly. The drive for answers was too strong for her to stop for long.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
He noticed her beginning to relax while he talked of the land, and that helped to reassure him - he was a wolf who only brought down his strength on another if they had previously caused him harm, or grasped at malicious intent. This stranger seemed friendly enough, the man concluded with a smile still present upon his face. 

When she spoke of her origin, Mawk blinked and his smile widened into a grin. "North, huh?" It was interesting, he mused, that they might have come from somewhere relatively similar. "No, I was not born here. I was born further North too... near humans, might I add. I don't remember them, though, so don't worry - I'm hardly a dog, if you don't count my tail. I was raised by a wolf." He replied with a chuckle, glancing for a moment back at the curled tail that other wolves often questioned him about. Besides, he may have been born near humans but in no way did that mean he had grown up with them.
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
She raised her brows as he told her where he had come from. Maybe that's why he looked so familiar. She wagged her tail slowly as a thought crossed her mind. Maybe she felt more relaxed around him for this very reason.

He mentioned humans, and her mind suddenly filled with memories of her childhood. Some good, some..not so pleasant. The similarities only made her more curious. Her ears flicked forward as he finished. Hybrid. She had pinned it. A thoughtful look crossed her face as her eyes lit with questions, although she only asked one. "I'm part dog myself. That's very..odd. What is your name, stranger?"
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
A lil short, sorry!

She mentioned being part dog herself, and he quirked a brow curiously at her. The wolfess inquired about his name, and he blinked in surprise as he realised he hadn't yet introduced himself. "Oh! Sorry, that was rude of me. My name is Mawk Saefyn, pleasure to meet you." The man grinned still, tail wagging behind him.

It was curious indeed, though, that they came from a similar location and shared the oddity of being part dog.
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Her heart stopped as her eyes widened, tears filling them. Was her search over? She stood and walked through the water towards him, her ears back so he wouldn't think she was attacking. Stepping on to the other side, she blinked as her mind going still  as she focused on his face. Her...brother. She was talking to her brother. Had he ever thought about her? Had he ever thought about searching for her?

The wind stilled, as if it knew and wanted the land to hear what she had to stay. Blinking away tears, she hesitated before speaking. How would he react? Would he send her away? Were the memories too painful? Her heart ached at the thought. Before she lost her nerve, she spoke, her voice soft, nervous but hopeful. "It's nice to meet you, Mawk. My name is Onyx. Onyx Saefyn." She watched for his reaction, trying not to think about the fact that he could tell her to leave.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The man blinked in confusion as she seemed to halt her movements, gaze fixed onto Mawk, ears pinning back against her skull. He bit the inside of his cheek anxiously as she began to make her way through the cold water toward him, eyes not shifting from their focus on his own - who was she? From the slight distance he could not see the tears welling up, but as she closed this distance his tail twitched nervously. 

"It's nice to meet you, Mawk. My name is Onyx. Onyx Saefyn." That moment, right there, was when his heart stopped. The world around him stilled, silence filling the land and stretching out the time so that it seemed they stared at each other for perhaps an entire season. Every time he found he wanted to open his jaws to speak, the words caught in his throat and so he simply watched, looked at her - his sister. His sister was alive. 

Finally, like the slice of a knife, the silence broke and tears rolled down his cheeks. He rushed toward his littermate, digging his nose into the fur on her neck and sobbing gently. "Y....you're here.... you're.... a-alive...." The words seemed more to himself than to her, like internal monologue that had escaped from his mind and come out in the form of choked mumbles.
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
'He isn't sending me away.' The thought echoed through her mind as relief flooded through her. Tears poured down her cheeks as she nuzzled his neck. She had found him. And he wanted her to stay. "I..found you. After almost three years of searching. I almost gave up. But I didn't. And I found you." Her words were filled with disbelief, but her heart was at peace, the joy welling up into tears and small awed filled giggles. Stepping back, she took another look at her brother, her tail wagging fiercely as a happy laugh escaped her. She nuzzled him again and almost danced around him, still not quite in belief that they had found each other. 

Curiosity filled her face as questions shot out of her mouth, her eyes lit up more than they had been in a very long time. "It's been way too long, Mawk. Where are you staying? What's been happening? Are you in a pack or you a loner? Have you been taking care of yourself? Have...you ever thought about trying to find me?" The last question was spoken slowly, her eyes full of uncertainty yet hope.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk gaped at the wolfdog in front of her, his tail beginning to wag at five hundred miles an hour, each rapid shake matching the thrum of his heart. The tears fell steadily now, rolling down his cheek with barely a few seconds before the next cascaded down and landed with a small ripple into the river beside them. "Oh... Onyx, I thought I was the only one left. I never stopped thinking about you..." Maybe it was true that they had not grown up next to each other but that did not stop him from grasping at memories, memories that had remained with him for many years. Memories of them playing together and rolling around in the woods at a young age. So innocent, so pure they had been - before their world was so dramatically changed, they were inseparable.

Then came the questions, and Mawk took a deep breath but wasted no time in explaining. "I... well... I have been a part of various packs but I have found my home in a place not far at all from here - Easthollow. I have a wife, and I'm a father. I have children. Oh Onyx, you have a niece and two nephews! You have to meet them!" The excitement was rushing though his body and the tingles in his paws displayed this well. His sister would not yet be able to meet Burr, for he was in Morningside while he healed, but Rowana and Cyron! They had an aunt, and the idea alone made his heart smile.
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Her excitement had her almost dancing on her paws as she looked her brother over. He looked good. Her tears splashed on to the ground unnoticed. Happy tears at last. It had been a long time. Her heart felt like it had been mended together as he spoke. He had never forgotten her. 

Her eyes went wide as he answered her questions. He lived here. This beautiful land seemed more inviting as she thought about how it had sheltered her brother. Her breath was cut off for a minute as he continued. A wife. And kids. She was an aunt. She had a sister in law. Her tail wagged faster at the thought of meeting them. She needed to meet them. She felt rejuvenated. It was almost surreal. It had been such a long time she had been alone. She had a family. She was home. Her voice was filled with happiness and hope. "Oh, Mawk. When can I meet them? They sound beautiful."
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk's heart was thumping like a drum, each blink further confirming him that yes, his sister really was here, right in front of him. He took a deep breath, inhaling the cold air that stung his nose - his body was still shaking, though not from the cold. He was simply terribly excited at the idea of Onyx being alive, and the possibility of her meeting the family. His wife, his daughter, his two sons.

Onyx's voice was laden with joy when she spoke, and a wide grin stretched out across his face when she asked about meeting them. "How 'bout now? Easthollow isn't that far away, we could head over there and you could see my home. Illecebra will be there, and Cyron most likely. I can't be sure whether Rowana will be,  and I know Burr won't but you could meet half the family!" His tail continued the rapid wags and his fiery gaze sparked with glee.
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Her laughter of joy rang out as he spoke, and relief once again ran through her veins. Her brother. A father. A husband. Energy shot through her, and she bowed as if to start playing, then she took off. Giggles rolled out of her mouth. Her heavy burden was gone. She was home. Home. The word was almost foreign to her. Her feet kicked up snow as she ran in large circles, the cold wind ruffling her fur. She ran as fast as her feet would take her, neck stretched as happy tears were torn from her eyes. Her voice was loud as she almost howled her words. "I'm home! I'm finally home!" Exhilaration flowed through her as she slowed her run, jogging up to her brother, nuzzling him once again. She froze for a second, then backed up just a step, looking into his eyes, now nervousness in her eyes. "Will they like me? What if they don't, Mawk?" She searched his face for validation, for reassurance.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
One more post from you and then finish up? I can archive. I'll get a thread set up at Easthollow, yeah? :p

It felt wonderful to hear her laugh, the sound of joy at her missing family that had been found infecting his own veins, resulting in chuckles of his own. The more vibrant coat of his sibling lowered in a bow and then shot off, a burst of energy fueling Onyx as she sped away. Mawk was quick to chase, tail beating furiously against his back as his black-tipped paws raced across the ground. It was an unbelievably good feeling that spread through his chest - something warm. Homely. Yes, his sister was home, and with her around it felt even more like home than it already had.

When she finally slowed, nuzzling him, the man smiled warmly. Even when she nervously rambled about whether they would or would not like her, he smiled. Because he already knew what they would think of her. "Onyx, they are going to absolutely love you."

And with that, he began to set off toward Easthollow with her by his side.
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Sounds awesome! :)

It was good to have this feeling of complete joy and abandon, even if it was just a few days. Trotting next to her brother, thoughts ran through her head, most of the family, but one surprised her. It was of the lone wolf she had hunted with just a few days before. Why was he in her mind? 
Shaking her head, she focused on the feeling of her brother, her family, next to her. It was a strange but welcome feeling. Had she finally found her permanent home? Hope welled in her heart as they travelled, their pace matching the other. She smiled as they trotted over a hill. Stopping for a minute, her tail swished slowly as she turned her ears towards her future. Her home.