Stone Circle fourteen miles away from a landfill grave
24 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
hope this ok - PM me if not

he had informed @Garait that morning of his departure, headed for the idyllic hills that presently showed signs of occupation. from a distance -- specifically, from the promontory of shadow mountain -- it looked like strangely circular assortment of monolith stones. he was overcome by interest when he first laid eyes on the plains, but later, learned these lands were not his to pass through.

venextos moved warily as he drew closer, pausing at scents here and there to ensure he was not trespassing. several hundred feet before the most evident marker he threw up his head in a soft howl, entreating the company of any wolf so that he may learn of who resided here.

he kept his posture as inoffensive as possible, and stood in plain sight so any wolf securing the borders may find him easily.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook did not recognize the call that went up to touch the realm of Easthollow, and she heeded the unfamiliar voice with haste. She felt uneasy, and on guard - she reckoned they all were, after Cyron had informed them of a man with the scent of Blackfeather who had been milling about their borders. A growl rumbled in the back of her throat, and her eyes darkened. If those Woods were oozing over the mountains to threaten her family with their war, she would be the first to show them their mistake. This stranger had called, however - a good sign they were likely just some curious scout - but the mercenary would take no chances.

She neared him with tail and head raised high. He certainly didn't fit the description Desna had given of the one they were to be alert for, nor reek of anything but the wind and the wild. His face looked like it had seen better days, and her gaze lingered on his gnarled ears and muzzle before imploring him with a questioning look - not hostile, but not welcoming, either. Neutrality, and reservation - a simple a prompt for him to speak, and a sharp pique of her ears to signal she was listening to the words he would say.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
304 Posts
Ooc —
The howl had roused Murdock from his nap, but due to his limp, he was not the first to arrive. He had grown too weary to hide it from his packmates any longer, but in front of the stranger, he put on a brave face.

The male came to a halt several paces behind Nanook, seeing that she had the situation handled. He gave a low chuff just to let her know he was there, and then lingered in case he was needed - and also because he was curious about what the other man wanted with them. Murdock was fairly certain he'd passed Blackfeather's borders, and this man smelled nothing like them. He didn't feel any need to behave aggressively - yet.
Feel free to skip!
[Image: AIUhSFO.png?2]
24 Posts
Ooc —
ty for joining!! more welcome to come in if they want-- oops, shadow posted murdock! edit in light of that!

he was fretful as he waited at the borders, not unlike a man with his cap in his hands worrying a loose thread with a calloused finger -- carefully he looked over his shoulders, or cast worried looks within the territory. he was aware he would be treated as an imposition at best and a trespasser at worst, so kept his guard about him.

a smattering of snow alerted him to the presence of another -- a wolf that approached him with admirable haste. he kept his glances low and his ears lower -- as she approached he turned and circled once, tail low and muzzle at an unthreatening angle -- as if to exemplify he meant no threat.

there was something about the wolf that captured venextos, for she, like him, seemed borne of the wild. it was the indomitable copper of her gaze, he thought, that made her look so intimidating. her posture was not threatening, but he did not perceive warmth either. good -- that is exactly the way he would have been too.

"hale, miss.. and sir." he spoke, a low dip of his head given and every movement slow and circumspect as a second wolf arrived. venextos noted the limp, wondering if perhaps there had been trouble in this area that needed resolving. "i will not waste much of your time. i am from the order triva." he knew these words would mean little to the duo, so after a quick glance to ensure both were following (or at the very least, not changing their posture to attack him) he continued, explaining: "we're wolves of the service. i've come to ask if there is work for us here. triva offers many services.. from reinforcement... to more grim matters." if either wished to know more, he would oblige -- but if they found their patience tested, venextos would be glad to part company to ensure amicable terms.
sunflower boy
62 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Ezra’s ears perked up when the howl reached him, tired eyes brightening up at the idea of meeting someone new at the borders. He slowly rose from his resting position and steadily gained speed as he neared the borders, attention landing on Nanook when she came into view. The grayscale child quickly padded after his aunt, tail swishing with excitement as she neared the stranger. Murdock entered the scene as well and Ezra soon found himself trailing after the older male without much thought, focus fully taken up by the porcelain stranger.

Feeling comfortable enough to approach, Ezra joined the adults and tossed a small smile in the loner’s direction before settling beside Murdock. He gave the injured man a concerned look but, as per usual, said nothing on the matter. Ezra was here to learn mostly, but there was also some curiosity bouncing around in those youthful eyes of his. He was interested to know what the pale male wanted of course, but he was also eager to learn how Nanook handled strangers in comparison to his mother.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
The arrival of Murdock and Ezra brought a muddle of emotions to the sterling woman. On the one hand, she appreciated the backup in case the man turned their meeting sour, yet on the other, the presence of her pack mates tightened the weight on her shoulders. She was no healer, but even she could see the pain in Murdock’s steps ever since his altercation with the bison. Would he even be useful if the man chose to attack? And she couldn’t help but tighten her guard with Ezra at her side. Though he was growing by the day in strength and mind, he was still her nephew, and much like a son to her. His arrival reminded her of why she had chosen the life of a mercenary and guardian. She turned her ears back to the ivory man with a higher measure of scrutiny.

The stranger submitted with practiced poise, and spoke with a fluency unbefitting his form. Nanook raised her brows, unfamiliar with the names he dropped, and intrigued by his purpose here. Yet while he picked his words with obvious care, she felt her lip curl. “I’ve not heard of your order before,” she said. Her form remained rigid, and on the border of neutrality, though the dark allusion of his words set her on edge. She pressed to know more. “Tell me more of who you are, and what you do.” We’re these wolves from Blackfeather? Did she risk their safety by keeping them here? Nanook had no desire to wrap herself in dark business, nor did she take an interest in entertaining killers or assassins, but information was a valuable resource she wouldn’t pass up, especially if the wolves of this service would one day prove a threat to them.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
24 Posts
Ooc —
the man's gaze slid from the limping grey and tawny male to the darker female, who still captivated his attention for her tameless aspect. when a youth approached he lowered his muzzle in a respectful bow, his features grim but not unwelcoming. it was not his place to question if a child's presence was necessary -- though he wondered if he should temper his response given his newest audience member.

"we are new to the valley, but old to the realm." he answered. it was against triva code to be too specific and expose their sect to outsiders - a doctrine he understood, but regretted upholding tenaciously. most wolves found cryptic answers frustrating, and he was not oblivious to that. "so it is no surprise you have not heard of us. we prefer obscurity to notoriety." he was not a man to jest, though there was a certain lightness in his tone as he continued. "i will not impose much longer. should your kind ever need assistance, simply call for triva." he made move to step backwards, then gave pause as if thinking about it at length before adding: "most wolves find the services we offer valuable, and our recompense palatable. we ask for access to game trails so that we may feed our men, and barter for caches if packs have little else to offer. occasionally there are other... gifts we accept, though it is not my way to accept them and it is certainly not expected of you." venextos did not outright decry the use of companionship as a means of payment, but he knew his brothers to have many needs besides the appetite for a meal. he presumed both of the adults would find the last statement offputting -- all the same, he believed in offering as much transparency as his order allowed.