Sea Lion Shores song of my home [IC joining]
maybe someday you'll be somewhere, talking to me, as if you knew me
19 Posts
Ooc — beck
Away
A black Mackenzie Valley wolf was running by the seashore, her huge paws throwing bits and chunks of yellow, wet sand as she ran. Her running was powerful and tireless and her jump - far, yet it somehow seemed as if she would trip on those paws any second now.

The wolf's pace descended to a calm trot as she enjoyed the sun of the evening. Her tongue was lolling out but she didn't seem tired by any measure.

How long had she been gone? She didn't know, she didn't count seasons. Must be long, she left as a lanky, clumsy teenager and came back as a lanky, clumsy adult.

Eddie smiled at the memory of her as a young pup running along the seashore, howling to the wind and splashing around in the shallow water, tumbling on her own paws.

And so the she-wolf howled long and hard, to the memory of the old days, howled till her strong swimmer's lungs gave out and she started wheezing.
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Hi!

Majesty lay on the sandy beach of Wheeling Gull Isle that morning. It was not sunny, but the temperature was quite comfortable. Not too hot, not too cold. The waves seemed a little choppy, though. It was probably not a good day for a swim. He lay his massive head on his paws and closed his eyes, listening to the call of the seagulls nearby. And then their cries were drowned out by a distant howl, which came from the Sea Lion Shores.

Majesty's head lifted, and he squinted to try and see who it was. All he could make out was a dark speck against the yellow-white sand. With a sigh, he decided to investigate. Perhaps it was someone trying to tell him something. Maybe it was a wolf wanting to join the pack. Who knew? He stepped into the water, getting used to the temperature a little, and then bounded in the rest of the way. The water went mid-way up his legs. He reveled in the feel of the current pulling along his fur, and made his way to the Sea Lion Shores.

When he arrived, he could clearly make out the howling wolf. It was a female. She was long-limbed and had an… interesting lower lip. There looked to be something wrong with it. He shrugged. It wasn't for him to judge. He trotted over to her, letting out a greeting. "Hello there, friend. Good morning. How are you today?"
19 Posts
Ooc — beck
Away
Hey! Thank you for letting me join :3

Eddie was playing in the shallow water when she heard a voice. Usually she was a bit more attentive to her surroundings, but this time all her senses were dulled by the salty, stingy seawater so she couldn't see or hear or smell anything but salt.

Eddie jumped at the stranger's voice at first, but she wasn't fazed for long and trotted out of the water as if it was the most natural thing on Earth for an adult loner to play around as if she were a sheltered puppy.

"Mornin'," the she-wolf answered. "Name's Eddie, and I'm faring pretty well at the moment," she shook the water off her fur.

"You?" Eddie took a good long look at the stranger wolf. Tall, but proportionally so, with brown fur and inquiring, a bit chilly amber eyes, she thought. Once she got the water out of her nose, she could smell that the stranger wolf wasn't a loner, no, he had the smell of other wolves on him... Not that many though. Maybe a small family? He seemed the fatherly kind - well-seasoned, but not elderly yet.
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Of course! ^_^

Majesty thought Eddie was an odd name for a female, but he said nothing. Other wolves had made fun of his name before, so who was he to make fun of hers? Besides, he wasn't really the type to make fun of anyone for anything. He smiled at her, glad that he had not met a wolf whose automatic instinct was to go into attack mode. He cleared his throat, as he often did before speaking, to give himself a chance to think.

"My name is Majesty, of the Wheeling Gull Isle pack. And I am, in fact, doing very well this morning." His deep, calming voice came quietly from his chest, as he was close enough to her now that he didn't need to speak loudly. He gave her a friendly smile. "You don't smell of any particular pack, friend. Are you a lone wolf?"
19 Posts
Ooc — beck
Away
Indeed he was a pack wolf, with a territory to protect, and friendly. Those two traits usually didn't meet in the same wolf, but it was real pleasant when it did. She thought it was such a chore to try and calm down a narrow-minded individual who could only think as far as his growl 'MINE!!' reached. The mountain wolves often lacked compassion dearly.

"Ever since I remember myself," the she-wolf said. "In fact, I was born and weaned on this very beach," she continued, "feels good returning home."

Even though this was not the exact stretch of sand Eddie was born on, it really made no matter. Fore or past Totoka, all coastline shared the same look. As a pup she used to run as far as she could until she dropped into the seawater from exhaustion, and the scenery still hadn't changed.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Majesty was surprised when she told him that she had been born on the Sea Lion Shores. "This…" he began. "This shocks me. I am surprised you haven't been recruited into a pack yet, especially considering that the Horizon Ridge pack is just up there." He pointed with his muzzle to the north. "Where is the rest of your family? Your mother, father, litter-mates?"

He didn't know why he was asking her these questions. She seemed like she could handle herself out here. If she had avoided being recruited and/or chased off by Horizon Ridge this long, it must mean she was good at defending herself - or hiding. Either one was an admirable skill to Majesty. He never thought there was any sense to fighting unless you were defending your life. He waited expectantly for her answers to these questions, hoping in the back of his mind that he might get the chance to bring her home to his own pack. They could use the numbers, and he was never one to leave a lone wolf dangling.
19 Posts
Ooc — beck
Away
And now came the hard part. He was interested in her past, which was one of the rare things Eddie gave grudgingly. Not the first wolf to do that, though, so her answers were prepared.

"Well I tend to avoid pack territories for the most part," she gazed upon where far beyond her sight there were mountains and forests, but she looked as if they were right here and she could see them right now. "I don't want to cause any trouble, y'know." One could never know how a pack wolf felt about strangers. She still remembered that time when she was a naive young pup... No, better not remember that, not here.

"Here and there, I guess," she shrugged the question about her family. In truth, she really didn't know. Probably wound up dead somewhere, as all loners eventually do, as all wolves eventually do. Him who is born must die. Yet Eddie had survived against all hope at the ripe old age of a year and a half. Surely her mother was as sturdy, if not more?
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Majesty listened to the lone wolf, trying to let her know that he genuinely cared about what had happened to her. For him, he didn't need to know someone personally to genuinely sympathize with them. He was empathetic towards most wolves naturally. He needed no prodding to show his true feelings, and he was usually calm and collected enough to not feel burned if things backfired on him. When she was finished, he took a breath. Here came the moment of truth.

"Have you ever considered… joining a pack?" he asked her slowly. "I recently created my own pack out there, on the island." He pointed over his shoulder towards the small isle that had become his home naught but a few days ago. "The wolves there are friendly, like me. One of them, Beric, may seem a little rough around the edges, but he's kind once you get to know him. There are only four of us, including me. We could use the numbers… It's all right if you decline." He gave her that option. He didn't want her to feel backed into the situation. Patiently, he waited for her answer…
19 Posts
Ooc — beck
Away
She looked at the small island in distance and then at the stranger wolf who was supposedly the Alpha. And it wasn't a family pack, since he accepted outsiders.

"In fact, I have, 'specially recently," the she-wolf admitted. It couldn't be so bad, could it? True, it was like jumping off a cliff when you didn't know how far off the ground was. Yet stranger-wolf seemed rather friendly and genuinely nice.

Also, with the pack land on an island separated by water - might be she wouldn't have to fight. It would be an understatement to say she hated fighting. She just didn't do it. Never fought, no matter what. She knew she wouldn't protect the pack against any other pack, were quarrels to rise.

"I'd be glad to join really," the black she-wolf answered, "if there is a way back out after it, in case I find it overwhelming."
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Majesty nodded in understanding when the she-wolf mentioned wanting a way out if she found pack life overwhelming. "Of course," he said, smiling at her. "You may leave if you wish, though I hope you will stay. How about you give it a week. Come join us for a week, get to know us, and if you don't want to stay after that, you don't have to. I think that this is fair and reasonable."

He paused, clearing his throat. "Though I must ask you. If I let you join, what will you bring to the pack? What skills do you possess? Everyone must do their part within a pack - and that includes you. What trade or trades do you wish to pursue within the pack?"

I would suggest now going to the Guidebook and looking up Packs and Trades and reading about what Trades are available. You may have up to three. Think about what your character would be good at, or would be interested in when picking it/them. If you have questions, feel free to PM me! ^_^
19 Posts
Ooc — beck
Away
His answer satisfied Eddie. A week or so to get to know them and give them a chance - that would be perfect. He already seemed to be a peaceful, calm type, and that reassured her that she would most likely fit in with this pack, if everyone acted like stranger wolf.

It was not the first time Eddie encountered this question. If it had puzzled her at the first glance and seemed unfair, now she understood it and had an answer for it. "Naturalist or an outrider are things I'd be good at, 'specially knowing my past and all," the she-wolf said after a moment of thought. Chronicler or Counselor had occurred to her, but the pack (hopefully) would lead a peaceful and uneventful life, being on an island, and although she liked helping other wolves, in the end she didn't want to be everyone's shoulder to cry on. Although she loved traveling the world and listening to everyone's story, it was mostly because the stories were interesting and eventful, and rarely whiny. She would soon grow tired of the same old wolves with the same old personalities telling the same old problems.

Thanks! ^.^ I think I got it. I hope I did.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Majesty nodded as he listened to her choices. He smiled when her first choice was to be a Naturalist. He had a feeling they would get along splendidly. She seemed the calm type, like him, and he appreciated her for it. He stood, and smiled at her.

"I will take your choices into account, and you may begin working toward them. Now, let me show you to the island." He nodded his head in the direction of Wheeling Gull Isle, and then lowered it to show her the area where the sandbar was. "There is a sandbar that we can use to help us cross. That way we won't have to swim all the way. We'll only to have to swim a little bit to get to it, and then a little bit to get to the shore of the island. I hope you're all right with that."

He smiled at her again. "Come on, then. Let's go introduce you to the pack."

Yep, you did everything correctly! You are now free to start posting in the pack forum. You'll see a thread that says "Introductions [Mandatory Pack Meeting]" but don't post in there. It was made before you were part of the pack, so time-wise it wouldn't make any sense for you to post in there. I would suggest looking through all the sections in the Members Only Forum, as that will give you an idea of what's up and stuff. (Don't look at the thread called "Yay". I just left that in there for me cos it teaches me how to do coding and stuff. I'm going to have this archived, but feel free to add an ending post if you want. Sorry this OOC is so long. >.<
19 Posts
Ooc — beck
Away
Eddie smiled a wolf smile and wagged her tail in a rather dog-like manner. "If there's one thing I can do, it's swimming," she said, running into the water and jumping over the waves. She didn't notice a sudden hole in the sand and tripped facefirst into the water. Snorting the water out of her nose, she galloped a little, then stopped.

"Let's do it," Eddie May barked, running toward the isle with a bit of fear in her heart and a bit of a smile on her muzzle.