Emberwood today we will survive
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Theia :) Assuming she has momentarily slipped away from the others to find more prey, but feel free to have @Tree and/or @Nikan pop in if you want them close by.

Her stalking did not cease this time once the sun rose. It was only the early hours of the morning, and she had not yet felt the desire to close her eyes and drift off into sleep. Rather, the constant images and hushed voices, all urged her to continue in the direction of which she was heading - to be a leader. Kelina was brought up with the idea that she would one day be the alphess of her pack, and although that had never happened, it gave her almost an arrogant assurance that she would indeed lead. The trio she had begun to gather confirmed her thoughts. The Nightstalker would not settle for being a subordinate, so she would have to take matters into her own hands and command the pack of darkness that she saw in her mind. Yes, it would be her domain. Tree would share it with her. And perhaps if he proved himself undeniably useful, one day perhaps Nikan might even join them in their leadership. Only time would tell.

She shifted through the trees scattered in the woods, occasional beams of light falling onto her blackened pelt and revealing the shadow a split second before she molded into the dark once more. Elegant as usual were her movements, graceful and confident with an air of danger that warned most not to come too close. Perhaps if one was able to spark her interest enough she might initiate a conversation, but otherwise her only reason to communicate with another was after putting on a mask so that she could tease them and lure them into her trap like a farmer attempting to capture a theiving fox.
[Image: tAPcmpF.png]
"I do not suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
After the original meeting with the night colored female, he'd gone off on his own for a bit in the promise he'd remain closed by. During that he'd killed an elder,attempted to bury said elder's head, been caught doing so and beaten the poor girl who'd caught him. Afraid she'd say something about the head and him he'd picked it up again and ran off. Much to his surprise he spotted Kelina again in the distance and slowed his pace, coming to a stop a few feet away from her and dropping the head. "Hello again madame." For a moment he stared at her and then looked down at the head. Well...this was awkward. "For...you?" He said hesitantly and shoved it toward her.
Warning: Nikan is a mature character and will have sexual and violent themes. Please be aware when joining threads.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Finally here, sorry for the wait! @Nara is also tagging along, for now.

Without the bird's guidance, Theia wasn't sure where exactly this other pack was supposed to be. She'd just have to do some wandering around in the southeast and hope for the best. She traveled in silence, for the most part, eyes focused ahead towards the future as she weaved between the foliage with ease. Her chest wound had stopped throbbing completely, and she'd managed to clean it somewhat with snow.

The sound of a voice earned her attention, and her ears shot forwards. Theia picked up her pace, though she remained at a brisk walk. What she saw disturbed her—two wolves appeared to be conversing with the head of their own kind between them. Her fur bristled in alarm, and she began to backpedal. She'd gotten into enough trouble already.
PM me about sprees; I'm usually open!
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away

They had been walking in silence for a while now. The other wolf seemed to be lost in thought and Nara didn't want to disturb her. She was grateful she wasn't alone. But the walking had made her slow and sleepy.
       She was alerted from her drowsy state when Theia's posture suddenly changed and an anxious feeling passed down her back. Before she could see what had alarmed Theia, the wolf was already backing away. Nara's nose prickled and she could smell the scent of another wolf, maybe more, but there was something much more distinct. Blood. What did you see?, she asked Theia hurriedly. 

The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
The sudden crunch of snow beneath a creature's paws alerted her to their presence, pricking her ears and lifting her head as she waited to see who had disturbed her silence. Nikan. At the sight of the Skullchaser, she let out a small chuff of greeting, though it was not filled with the warmth one would feel from a friend meeting another friend. The Nightstalker did not rely on others, and friendship was often just that - relying on another. Useless, if she could have a say on the matter. Though it was not Nikan alone that caught her attention, rather the bloodied head that sat lifeless on the ground in front of him. 

Quirking a brow, she waited for his explanation - and it came, though rather awkwardly. A small, feline grin snaked its way up onto her maw, and a tongue flicked out to sweep across her dark lips. From the way the scarred man spoke, it was doubtful the 'gift' had truly been intended for her, but here he was offering the thing to the night wraith, and of course she would not turn it away. Ah, the satisfied purr left her chest, a rumble of slight glee at the chance to play with this head during her own time. Yes, she would have much fun with this head - oh, she would enjoy especially ripping the eyes from their sockets and dangling them like a decorative chain across her den wall. Mmm.

"If you say so," She smirked, reaching out an inky paw to swipe the thing closer to her. It was then, during this moment of silence, that the voice of another reached her ears. Snapping her head around, she spotted the figures not too far off. The dark woman allowed a sickly giggle to escape from her maw, amused at the sudden shock she could see plainly upon one's face, movements bringing them away from this scene. 

"Where are you going? I promise I won't hurt you." Kelina smiled, stalking a little closer to make up the distance that was growing between them when one of the wolves continued to step back. She stopped, then, tilting her head inquisitively. "Don't see a severed head every day, hmm?" Truthfully, she was not wishing to harm anyone at the current time, rather she enjoyed playing with this fear that lay before her. Perhaps... perhaps, if they were willing, she might find even more recruits at her paws.
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
As he'd expected the gift was accepted by the Nightstalker. He'd sensed darkness within the woman, that she was just as deadly as she was beautiful and maybe that was part of what had given him immediate respect for her. A woman who had beauty was dangerous, a woman who held such hidden malice and beauty well that was deadly. As the purr rumbled from the black furred woman he felt a sense of satisfaction. Now she'd seen a bit more of what he was capable of, perhaps he was on his way to holding an immediate good place in the forming pack.

His attention didn't stay on the Nightstalker for long as the wind blew to him the scents of two others. He turned his head to see one drawing back in fear and the other looking fairly calm. The fear written across the one girl's face gave him immediately satisfaction, the desire to instill more fear within the girl raging through him. He tilted his head curiously though his face was cold and eyes blank as he studied them. 

As Kelina put on the charm he withheld a chuckle. He slowly followed behind her but also followed suit in this game she was leading, making his features soften and offering what he hoped look like a sheepish smile. "sorry you had to see my prize" is what his features and behavior seemed to say as he kept himself a few paces behind Kelina.
Warning: Nikan is a mature character and will have sexual and violent themes. Please be aware when joining threads.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Nara asked what she saw, and she answered curtly at a murmur, A wolf's head. Theia's eyes were unmoving from the pair even while she spoke. They were soon spotted. Shit. Running meant they could give chase, so Theia kept herself rooted in place, stiff as a statue.

I promise I won't hurt you. Theia wanted to scoff at that. She would not be fooled so easily—not by a woman standing right next to the severed head of one of their own kind. Not after just getting ambushed the other day. She felt a dark aura around both of them that screamed danger. Their faux smiles only unnerved her, especially when the woman took steps towards her. Don't see a severed head every day, hmm? She asked conversationally.

Who are you? Theia asked, voice sounding more like a command as she cut to the chase. She kept her tail parallel to the ground, refusing to shrink back, though not wanting to start a fight.
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away

Nara shuddered when she heard the words. A wolf's head. For a moment, she froze. She couldn't think or move or do anything. Then Nara heard the voice of another wolf and a jet black female walked up to them. She reminded Nara of a raven. Albeit with more teeth. The wolf didn't seem distressed at all, which worried Nara. Where are you going? I promise I won't hurt you, the female said.
That was when Nara noticed the other wolf. A brown male. While they stepped closer, a feeling of dread crept up to her. Something told her the wolves weren't going to let them leave. At least not easily. Nara noticed she was trembling. She tried to stand up straighter, like Theia, to make herself seem stronger and less afraid than she actually was. Hopefully, her eyes wouldn't betray her. She stepped closer to Theia when the wolf asked who the two others were.

The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
She sensed Nikan behind her, but kept her entrancing violent gaze upon the two newcomers. They seemed more of the cowardly type - at least in her eyes - but perhaps she could transform them into something more deadly. A pair of thieves, perhaps, or even a venomous team of assassins. Even witches. Yes, she saw potential that she could train and wield. More recruits for her band of rogues would do some good, she was certain. Even if she had to take them by force.

The ink-furred woman allowed another chuckle to slip from her raven lips as she saw the disbelief, the clear wariness that plagued both of the strangers. A command was given from the maw of the more bold one, and her faux smile grew. "Ah, sweetie, I am the Nightstalker." Her head tilted, tail lashing slowly behind her as she observed the pair. "And who, in that case, are you?"
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
He kept himself behind Kelina still and came no closer, remaining a few feet behind the Nightstalker. He kept his own multicolored eyes trained on the faces of the two women Wondering what Kelina saw in the two of them. The one that spoke up first he could see some potential in, she didn't cower and chose to snap a question back at them. Her tone irked him but he simply gave a flick of his ear and remained Stony in expression. His eyes moved to the female beside the first, noting how she scooted closer to her friend but at the same time tried to strengthen her stance. It was clear that she was afraid of them which made a silent chuckle escape his maw, the only sign of it being a puff of air from between his lips.

"I am skullchaser." He said putting wicked empthasis on the word skull. He couldn't help but provoke their fear,surely they'd understand the dark humor he just used. They'd obviously seen him roll the old man's head toward Kelina. He didn't want his actual name to be given out so he followed Kelina's lead by giving his title out instead.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Theia ground her teeth together with narrowed eyes at the demeaning tone of the witch before her. The Nightstalker and The Skullchaser. What dark titles they held. From the scents on their pelt, it didn't seem like they had a pack. What did they mean? What was their purpose? Whatever it was, it felt like a dark, foreboding one.

To answer The Nightstalker's question, Theia said boldly, I am Theia Argryis. Her voice held immeasurable confidence, and she held her head up high with hard, ice-cold eyes. She did not trust them, and there was a healthy amount of fear she felt towards them. However, she refused to cower and would fight if she had to.

What do you want from us, and why do you have a wolf's head? She asked, wanting to know more about them, more about their purpose. They seemed eager to explain.
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away

When the two wolves introduced themselves, they didn't use their names but their titles. Only someone who has something to hide would do that, Nara thought. She glanced at the severed head again, eyes staring at her, unmoving. It was gnawed off meticulously and she could imagine that it must have taken a while. 
I am Nara, she said after Theia. Compared to her, it sounded like a sad whimper and held none of the confidence. In her mind she cursed herself for it. Way to look weak. Theia asked what they wanted and why they had the severed head. Though unlikely, Nara hoped the pair had just found the head. She looked at it again. Its dead eyes unnerved her, she couldn't look away. D-did you kill him?, she asked, her voice merely a whisper. It was directed at both wolves, as something told her they were both capable of it.

The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Aghhh I'm so sorry for the wait on this *-*

The panther stared at the more bold of the two, eyeing her curiously as if she was assessing her for any wounds that would hinder her abilities. Small beams of light glittered through the gaps in the canopy of trees, illuminating the Nightstalker's coat in a strange glow of gold, colour that was rare to see upon her pelt of darkness. The girl who spoke raised herself in assured confidence, but all Kelina did was laugh softly - that, that was funny. 

"Theia Argryis," The woman of ink repeated the name on her tongue, smirk growing upon her face as though she was taunting the other with her own name. It did not matter what kind of display she put on, fear was present from both strangers and it had not gone unnoticed by the panther. The pale girl added a name of her own, and for a moment Kelina's attention turned to inspect her as though she was an ant under a microscope. Nara, she said, and the cowardly whimper only clicked something in the Nightstalker's chest, a flicker of amusement, enjoyement from this encounter.

"A wolf's head is hardly a shock to the eye when you've seen the things I have." She mused, black lips quirked upward upon her maw. As to why they had the head, she glanced to Nikan, allowing him to have the fun of talking.
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Nikan felt the familiar rise of pleasure as the more timid of the two whimpered before them. Nara and Theia were the names given and he made no acknowledgement that he had heard them. However, when the questionmwas asked about the old man's head Nikan gave a single, short burst of laughter "Yes. I did. He pushed at me and I take challenges like that quite seriously, so i attacked." He spoke casually as if what he had done was no big deal and to him it really was no big deal at all. Killing and fighting wasn't just a way of life for him buta source of pleasure and entertainment. "Severing was an after thought....some bitch called me a monster so I did something fitting of such a title." For a moment his eyes darkened with the malice and hatred he had felt at being called a monster but then he resumed the calm and casual aura he had before, grinning at the females.