Oystercatcher Tide Pools Help, I lost myself again, but I remember you
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Private 
@Dakarai let's do this cute thread!

Why wouldn't it go away? Shaking herself, the woman looked out over the tide pools. The warmth of the rising sun somehow elluded her as the cold breeze blew across her back. The question had plagued her for days, but the sky had not given her an answer, and the horizon taunted her with places that she could not see. Birds floated above her, unusually silent as well. Sniffing around, she wrinkled her nose at any food she found. She had eaten a few days ago, but even then she was not hungry. What was wrong with her? A face passed through her mind, but for what seemed like the millionth time, she shoved it away, the ache inside her radiating through her.

Sighing, she shook her head and started back towards home. Her lips turned into a bittersweet grimace as she thought about her brother and his family. She couldn't stay with them. Looking over the ocean, the sunrise brightened, the colors seeming to blend with the blue of the sky. The spectacular view was not fully lost on her as she stopped. Sitting back on her haunches to watch it, her head tilted as the question crossed her mind yet again. Why wouldn't the pain go away? Her ears flicked as she got lost in thought. Her other companions had left the same way he had. The ache from the loss of companionship had faded within hours, yet this time...Shaking her head, she pushed the image of his back leaving away. He had to, and she did, too. After he left, the drive to find her family had felt like it had multiplied, as if it were a force of it's own. Yet, after finding them, inside it still felt like there was something missing. She didn't know what it was. She should be completely happy, completely at peace. Then why wasn't she? 

Sitting there, looking over the ocean, she was silent as the wind blew through her fur.
I am a searcher. Always was. I still am...searching for the missing piece.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
A part of him wanted to continue searching endlessly for his children and he supposed he would continue to do so anyway, but after days of searching he'd only found Aries. No leads on Cassiopeia or Sirius and while he'd been tempted, he hadn't looked or tried to search for Olive. His son was a blackfeather wolf. That kind of ruined his desire to rekindle his relationship with his children. He had accepted the boy and didn't nescessarily hold it against him so much as it made him hate Blackfeather Woods even more. They had done what he couldn't do for his own child. 

On top of that he'd been plagued by an ache, a keen yearning for the pale female he'd met in the field and hunted with. Onyx...the name wouldn't leave his thoughts. He'd had to leave her at the time but leaving hadn't brought him anything good. If he had stayed with her maybe he'd be feeling happy now instead of walking with darkened eyes and a drooping tail. He was on his way to the tide pools where he hoped he could break through the frozen water and grab some shelled food. Maybe working on prying open those stubborn shells would take his mind off of what he'd walked away  from.

As he approached the area where the small pools lay his nose twitched as he thought he caught a familiar scent. It smelled like her. Flicking an ear he stepped forward cautiously, almost afraid to be hopeful. But as he grew even closer he spotted her in the distance on the shore, watching the ocean. His breath caught in his throat and he simply stared at her, the way the breeze blew through her fur being the most beautiful sight he'd had in a while. He walked forward slowly until he stood next to her and sat down, purposely making his eyes face the ocean "It would seem that the stars had it written" He spoke gently and then slowly turned to look at her, his eyes softening and a warm smile forming on his maw.
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
As she watched the sunrise, she heard paws hitting the ground. Yet she didn't move, not in the mood to talk to anyone except one. Her tail twitched in annoyance for the interruption of her thoughts. She tensed her muscles, ready to turn and force them away. But a scent hit her nose, and her eyes closed in disbelief. It couldn't be him. She was finally going crazy. Her breathing became faster as the man sat down next to her. For a moment, there was nothing but silence, and she resisted the urge to turn and look, afraid of seeing no one. 
As he began to speak, her eyes shot open, and her body betrayed her once again, her tail pounding the earth. The pounding of her heart could be heard for miles it seemed as she looked to find his blue eyes staring at her. For a moment, she blinked, still in disbelief, but as she continued to stare, unwelcome tears stung the back of her eyes. Was he really here? She hesitated for just a moment before giving him a soft smile. Without thinking, she nuzzled under his chin, the welcome scent of him filling her nose and lungs. A couple of tears fell as she continued to nuzzle, her voice soft. "You're here. You're really..here. I didn't think I would see you again. It...." She trailed off, just enjoying this moment, hoping..wishing it would last. The ache in her heart grew, knowing it would not. He had to find his real family. Sighing softly, she reluctantly pulled back and blinked away tears. Her voice low. "It's good to see you. I...I've missed you." Her eyes landed on his, a bittersweet look in them.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She smiled too but there was sadness to it that made his heart ache. As she nuzzled him he closed his eyes, breathing in her scent and making a low whine in his throat his tail tapping against the Sandy ground. The salty smell of tears made him open his eyes and he frowned, standing and stepping closer to wrap his neck over hers and pull her close "Yes I'm here, don't cry Onyx...it's alright" he whispered his heart racing and hurting. Did something happen to her while he was searching? If anyone hurt her he'd track them down and...he quickly changed his train of thought.

He let her go as she pulled away and met his eyes "I missed you too. You were always on my mind" he said earnestly. After a moment he sat down close enough so that his flanks touched hers. The sight of her had made him want to run to her and never leave and he knew he had to choose whether he would stay or go again. "I found one of my children. Aries...he's a part of the pack that caused me pain and ruined my life" he began his tone surprisingly steady as he thought about Aries. "I've done bad things father.." his son's voice echoed in his mind for a moment. "He's happy there though and I accepted it and we parted ways. I...I have no leads on Cassiopeia or Sirius. I'm not sure finding them would be best anyway, Sirius was raised as someone else's son and Cassiopeia probably hates me. I think I'll just let them go" his eyes showed the pain he felt about Cassi but his voice remained steady as he knew this to be the truth, or at least he imagined it to be.
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
His touch of comfort gave her mixed feelings of joy, longing and sadness. She leaned into him before pulling away and spoke. Sighing softly, her heart skipped a beat as he spoke and sat down next to her. His body was warm, and she leaned into him slightly. Why he had given her even a second glance was beyond her, but he probably wouldn't give her a third because of the search for his family. As he began to talk again, her ears swiveled towards him. He had found one of his sons. His voice was anything but happy, though. It sounded almost pained, and her head turned towards him, her eyes searching his. So much heartache in his life. 

Her voice was sad as she moved away from his side, the cold wind immediately making her shiver. The way she spoke made her own eyes closed, her back towards him. "I found my brother. The one I have been looking for. I met his family. I should be happy. I found...home. But it's not home. They don't have room for me. I am a wanderer yet again." Her voice cracked on the last word, but her shoulders stayed stiff. Realizing what he had said, she turned around with a confused look on her face, almost pain in her voice. "You can't give up. They have to be found. They're your blood. You need to see them at least once." During her ramblings, she paced a little, her tail swishing with agitation and bittersweetness. No matter how much she wanted him to stay, he had a family. Stopping, she looked at him as she sat down in front of him. The wind almost blew her words away as she tilted her head. "Why would you stop? You need to find your real family, Dakarai." Her breath caught as she spoke those words, but she couldn't let him give up. Maybe there was hope still.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She left his side turning away from him and telling how she'd found her family but she couldn't join them. He felt for her and his ears flicked back, he lifted a forepaw to go to her but she continued speaking. She told him he couldn't give up and to keep searching and for a second it stung. His heart squeezed and he wondered if she didn't want him to stay, was she pushing him away like Olive had done? He took a deep breath to try and relieve the immediate sting and work through it, he didn't want to leave her already they'd just found one another again.

"Every time I reunite with them I cause more pain. No matter how many times I go back, something always ends up keeping me away. Be it illness or a storm, I've always been kept away. I believe in fate, and that....that seems like fate is telling me they need to be away. Fate also lead me back to you" He spoke firmly but in a gentle tone, trying to explain why he was giving up. He stepped forward again and moved around her side, running his muzzle down her chin and underneath to lift it up so she'd look at him "I don't want to leave you. Please...we can be together and maybe we'll run into my children. Maybe we can settle near your family and be able to visit them. We..we can start over together" his voice whispered into the breeze as he looked into her eyes, searching them his expression almost pleading with her. Whatever it was he felt for her now it was strong, and he wanted it to grow stronger still.
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
She heard his words, but for a moment, she didn't comprehend. Her heart ached at the prospect of being separated from her family as he was. But she felt hope touch her heart as he spoke about her. She felt his muzzle gently lift up hers, and her eyes met his, and for a moment her breath left her. He wanted her. Why, she didn't know. But her ears flicked forward as she took a deep breath. Starting over. It sounded wonderful. Doubts tried to crowd her head, but she pushed them back as his plea touched her soul. Tears of happiness trickled down her face as a peace settled in her. Nuzzling him, she sighed. His scent settled her thoughts as she spoke quietly, looking back into the blue eyes. "I don't know why you want me, but if you truly do, I'm yours." Her tail lightly hit the ground as she licked his neck, trying to reassure him that she didn't want him to leave. "What you said..do you mean it?" She looked at him with a hopeful look, her lips turned up in a smile.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
There was silence between them as his plea hung in the air. He could see she was contemplating what he said and he studied her face. He could see so much doubt in her expression and he wondered what had been done to make her so scared to believe someone could love her. Finally she nuzzled him and she was crying again, but the sadness seemed to be gone. "I do want you and I promise" the words caught in his throat. He'd promised to protect and care for Olive too but he'd failed. Steeling himself he vowed this time would be different "I promise I'll protect and care for you. I won't ever leave your side until it's time for me to pass" he said earnestly and wagged as she licked at his neck, an affectionate rumble rising up his throat.

She asked if he meant it. He chuckled and nodded moving his head back to lick at her nose and forehead "About moving next to your family? Of course. About wanting you?" He paused and his eyes darkened as they travelled her body before coming back to meet her eyes with a sly grin "Oh yes, I mean it. In every way, I want you" he said his voice deepening into a smoky huskiness.
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
She heard his voice catch at his own words, and she wondered what had happened in the past that made him doubt himself. His words finally sink in, and her eyes lit up for the first time since meeting Mawk's family. Her heart skipped a beat at his rumble, and her tail swished happily. Closing her eyes amd whining happily as he licked her, he started speaking again, and her heart smiled. As his eyes went over her, she lost her breath, her gaze not able to move from his. Her legs felt weak at his next words, his voice doing things to her that she didn't know she could feel. She sat down and took a deep breath, her nostrils flaring as a look of shyness yet passion made her eyes sparkle. Her eyes looked almost black as she tilted her head at him, a mischievous grin on her face, her voice deepening. "Are you sure you can keep up, old man?" She laughed and laid down, her tail wagging slowly as her eyes went over his body, lit with admiration. She had never felt this before..this feeling of completeness. This joy. Her head went to the side and a soft smile graced her lips, her voice sincere. "Thank you."
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The shyness in her expression was adorable and he smiled brightly, tilting his head to the side as she grinned mischievously. "Aye, of course I can keep up. I've got great stamina" he said wiggling his eyebrows at her. As she laid down he moved in front of her, rolling onto his back like he had done during their first meeting except this time his head was pressed against her chest. "You're welcome. Thank you Onyx...for giving me a reason to continue on." He murmured and nuzzled back against her. "We can find somewhere to stay for the night, a temporary den and then we'll go wherever you want. I'm happy so long as you are" he said and closed his eyes, content to breath in her scent for the time being.
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Closing her eyes for a moment, she looked at him and smiled lopsidedly before looking up into the fading sunrise. A shiver went down her body as the wind passed over her. A new beginning. She would enjoy that. But there was no such thing. Her ears flicked with annoyance at the thought, hoping she could just enjoy this for the day at least. No such luck as her thoughts dug into her brain, making her face flash with emotions before going almost blank again, the only sign of her thoughts her wet eyes. Nuzzling him softly, she sighed as quiet as a butterfly's wings. 

Her pained voice was suddenly on the wind as she spoke with a quiver. "Before this goes any further, I..I need to tell you something. I...was raped." She closed her eyes again, her body shaking slightly as the memories washed over her. Softly she spoke, her eyes over the horizon. "There were three of them. I'm...not pure. I just wanted to tell you... before...you said anything you regret about staying. I understand if you..want to go." Her eyes blinked fast as she avoided his eyes. "You deserve better."

She felt resigned as her tail went still, her thoughts echoing in her brain. What was going to happen? She almost scoffed at herself for thinking that question. Her ears twitched towards him, aware of every movement he made.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
He watched the pain cross over her face and his eyes grew wide with concern before she began speaking and then he growled, understanding immediately. Instantly he had rolled over and was sitting up, his head layed across hers. His chest tightened with emotions, anger firstmost, sadness and sympathy second. Her words also hurt him and he pulled back staring at her "The disgusting things they did to you does make you unpure. It simply means..that if we ever did anything in the future it wouldn't be your first. I would never" his voice grew firm on the last word "Ever leave you because of that. Anyone who would is an terrible excuse of a man" he finished his eyes flashing with anger at what had been done to her.

Then his eyes filled with tears and he moved close to her again, pressing his nose gently against her cheek and licking her fur in soft sweet kisses. "I won't leave you Onyx. I'm not like those men, I wont touch you unless you ask first. I'll protect you and cherish you because to me you aren't anything but beautiful and sweet." He whispered against her fur as his tears dripped down his cheeks, grieving for her.
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
His anger surprised her as he laid his head across her. She hadn't meant to stir up the fury she heard in his growl. Leaning into him, she had to catch herself as he suddenly pulled away. Her eyes turned confused for a moment as he looked at her. Blinking at the emotions in his eyes, she turned her ears to hear him speak. His words made her hold back tears as he kissed her. Why did he want her? Trying not to question it, she let her own tears fall as she saw his. Her voice was soft, a touch of pain in it. "No, no, Dakarai. Don't cry for me. I'm okay. I'm.. okay." She licked his tears gently away, her heart aching. Her words had caused him pain. Hoping to help, she rested her head beneath his, her eyes closing as she heard his heartbeat. "I won't leave you either. I promise." She swallowed hard at those words. They hadn't went past her lips since...a shiver went down her spine as she continued to lean slightly on him. Her voice was hesitant, unsure of how or what he would think. "I..think...one of them followed me here. I keep smelling..his scent." Sighing softly, she pulled away, a small smile on her face, but masked memories in her eyes.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
He held still, closing his eyes as she licked away his tears. She'd been through alot too, just as much pain as him from one act. He opened his eyes again revealing two blue pools swimming with emotion. He pulled in a breath and then released it slowly to steady himself and draw back from the force of his emotions. "I know you wont. I believe you" he said his voice becoming steadier as he pressed closer to her in an attempt to stop her shivering.

At the next words she spoke he tensed up, closing his eyes and holding back the growl that rose up again. When she pulled away he met her eyes, his face serious. "I won't let him hurt you. Ever. Not ever again. I'll always be by your side, even when I'm not I'll be a howl away" he promised to her. They'd have to hunt together and sleep together and remain close. He'd protect her even if it cost him his life, he felt the promise deep in his soul. "If he shows his face he'll pay for what he did." He growled finally.
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
His eyes swam with emotions that she did not know anyone could feel because of her. As he pressed closer, her shivering slowed, but the memories still lingered, her breathing becoming faster. His presence settled them some, but it did not calm them completely.
Feeling him tense, she held her breath and pulled away. Uncertainty laced her eyes until she saw his eyes and heard his words. He wasn't mad at her. Relief flooded her as a sense of calmness came over her as the promise hit her brain. Flicking her ears towards him, she smiled at him softly, a light of hope in her eyes. A prick of doubt went to her soul, but she shoved it away, determined to believe him. 
He growled, and her heart skipped a beat. Something about it...a warm shiver visibly went down her back. Taking a deep breath, she tried calming him down by giving a few licks to his cheek. Her voice was soothing as she spoke. "I trust you. He's not worth your time." 'You shouldn't trust so easily.' The wolf's words passed through her head, but she shook it away and got up. Trying to bring a bit of lightness to the situation, she rose off the ground and rubbed her side down his as she moved past him, her tail flicking teasingly. "Catch me if you can, old man." Her voice was almost sultry as she ran, her light laughter ringing over the ocean.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
He looks into her eyes to see the hope shining there, the sight warming his heart and scaring him all at once. What if he wasn't good enough for her, or couldn't protect her in the end? Quickly he pushed the thought to the back of his mind, not wanting to believe that he wouldn't be able to protect her. He closed his eyes and sighed, feeling his anger fade as she licked his cheeks immediately soothing the protective rage burning inside him. "But you are worth my time and anyone who dares to try and hurt you will instead find themselves under my fangs" he murmured back to her before offering her a warm smile as she rose. 

She walked past him, pressing her sides against his causing a shiver of delight to run down his spine as he turned his head to watch her with a wide eyed dumbstruck expression. He leapt to his paws with a grin and shook his coat out before leaping forward after her, surprisingly fast for a middle aged wolf like himself.