Dawnlark Plains know where
8 Posts
Ooc — Laur
All Welcome 
He had left his Dear One somewhere north of these plains, roaming ahead to scout the area. In the distance, he saw mountains that towered into the sky, peaks that nearly touched the heavens. He stared, breathing them in as if he could taste their scent from where he stood. However, the man knew their journey was not over; it would never be. Not until their God descended upon the earth to devour it whole.

On limber legs, Oqdis strode forward through the snow that blanketed the plains, taking time to listen for movements beneath. In the summer, he was sure the territory was abundant with prey, only for them to flee as winter tightened her grasp and flurries turned to blizzards. No matter. He was not a man of picky taste, and could afford a lack of food for now.
42 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
The sun was just coming out from it's hiding place, the pastel colors of the sunrise mixing with the blue sky, but she paid it no mind. Her paws, even with her body weight, whispered on the cold ground. She stopped and sniffed the air. A faint scent of a wolf wafted into her nostrils. Swallowing, she forced her mind off of a meal and trotted towards the scent, her muscles rippling under her pelt. They needed recruits. They could make them meals later if they misbehaved.
Catching sight of the grey wolf, she cocked her eyebrows as she watched him. He seemed to be searching for something. Odd. Walking closer, she looked him over. He looked strong. Healthy. Maybe. Just maybe he would do. She chuffed a greeting, her dominant nature coming out. She held her tail high, her ears forward. Her voice was a rumble as she spoke, an almost amused edge to it. "Lose something?" 
She kept her eyes on him, the direct question not rude, but blunt. Twitching her tail in curiosity, her eyes held his.
The devil asked me how I knew my way around the halls of Hell. I told him I did not need a map for the Darkness I knew so well.
8 Posts
Ooc — Laur
It wasn't long before he had company, and Oqdis looked up from the snowy ground to see a dark woman striding towards him. She was the picture of dominance, with her tail held high and ears thrust forward, a stranger drenched in self confidence. Oqdis held his own with an amicable smile, tail low and beginning to wave gently at his hocks in a friendly manner. He had had a lucky run so far with strangers; he and his group had managed to remain relatively unscathed on their journey. The key seemed to be to never challenge another directly. If a dispute could be settled with tongues rather than teeth, then that was the route Oqdis would take.

Her question was met with an amused chuckle, and he dipped his head in greeting, learning forward into a respectful bow. "Not at all. I am on a search, however," he said, drawing upright again. "The name's Oqdis."
42 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Quirking her eyebrow at this wolf. Submissive, almost friendly. Not one that would fit in with their pack. As she started to turn to walk away, something caused her to give him a second glance. His chuckle. She recognized something that she had seen in others that were similar to her. Her tail swished only once, curiosity cloaked on her bored face as her eye went over him. There was an oddness about this one. Maybe they could use it. He could be bait to bring another wolf to their death. Her mouth watered, and she swallowed, her ears flicking towards the wolf as he spoke.
What kind of search? Her voice was almost montone, yet her face held a very small speck of curiousity. Not for the animal itself. She could care less. Yet this search intrigued.... Twitching her tail, she never changed her stance except to relax her muscles in her back legs, matching his every move.
The devil asked me how I knew my way around the halls of Hell. I told him I did not need a map for the Darkness I knew so well.
8 Posts
Ooc — Laur
He could tell her interest was waning the second she laid eyes upon him, that deadpan gaze sparking with interest for but a fleeting moment. His own wide, silver eyes studied her guarded features, so unused to those of a wolf after spending so long amongst dog kind. He much preferred the mutts. They had become willing members of his flock so quickly, so eagerly. The wild creatures of this land would have a harder time digesting the news, he assumed.

"A mountain," he answered, gesturing with his nose to the distant peaks. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed her relax ever so slightly. He kept his tail neutral, trying to assure the girl he meant no harm. "We are not sure which, however, He has not told me yet."
42 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Her ears twitched forward at his answer as she almost sighed. A walk around. Seeing his stance, she sat down and decided to listen. Nothing better to do. He seemed sincere, but there was something about him that seemed...off.
Her gaze shifted to the mountains as she quirked an eyebrow at his comment. Did he actually believe this? Eyeing him, she sized him up, ready to sink her teeth into some wolf flesh. Of course, after he got boring. Swishing her tail, she tilted her head slightly. Who's he?