Hoshor Plains and the skies are not cloudy all day
239 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
Weather: 15°F, Mostly cloudy.

The morning had been mostly clear, but the clouds in the distance told Dune everything he needed to know about the next few hours. It was going to snow, and soon. He, unfortunately, was in the middle of a vast open plain. That was one of the worst places he could possibly be, so the male began to quicken his pace, trudging through the already deep snow in an attempt to make his way toward the forest that lay to the west. Hunger had begun to eat at him, too, and he looked for signs of carrion along the way.

There were no crows and nothing on the air smelled of carrion, which was disappointing to the lone white wolf. He had hoped luck would find him today, but that did not appear to be the case. Still, he kept marching forward toward the trees up ahead, blue eyes trained on the thicket as he hoped that he would reach them in time to shelter himself from the storm.
Remedy#8618 · amwelles · amwelles · human
。◕‿‿◕。
12 Posts
Ooc — Melee
When she left home, she hadn’t intended to be a nomad, nor did she intend to remain one forever, but for now she was simply happy to enjoy it. Earthsea had left home with the intention of seeing the world, of having an adventure, and that was exactly the result.

In fact, she had briefly settled down with a pack after deciding to part ways with Tytonidae. She had done her part, but had eventually found herself on the wrong side of the shewolf-in-charge; not enough sympathy, perhaps, when a young pup had escaped watch and crossed paths with a mountain lion. Whoops.

There was no shame in running, which is exactly what Earthsea did when the Alpha pair commanded the pack turn on her. She had no qualms— they could have simply asked her to leave, with how quickly they had abandoned the chase— and left without a second thought. Everything, as it always was, would be fine.

Finding herself without security in the midst of winter, however, was a bit of a pickle. She had returned to the Wilds with a half-formed plan of meeting back up with Tytonidae, but even this she didn’t lose too much sleep over. If there was one thing Earthsea had full confidence in, it was that she could survive anything.

She watched a figure cut through the plain ahead, his movements determined and rife with a subtle anxiety. Unconcerned with (or more likely, unaware of) the approaching storm, Earthsea began the trek to meet them somewhere in the middle.
I am a slower-paced roleplayer. There may be times that I am only able to post once per activity period. If I do not respond to a thread within 7 days, you are welcome to minorly powerplay Earthsea's exit if you prefer a faster pace.
239 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
I love Earthsea.

A young, seemingly healthy wolf approached him, and Dune was unsurprisingly wary. He had learned during his travels that each wolf could be cruel or kind, easy-going or hard, good or evil. Fortunately for him, he had run into more of the good than the bad. He considered it all luck and not any superior judgment on his own part. Dune was a simple wolf, and he did not think he possessed any ability to judge a wolf simply by looking at him or her. Instead, he preferred to let strangers show him in their own way what their true colors were.

This particular female didn't have any features that made her noticeable right away, though upon approaching her more closely, he did notice one ear was neatly folded down. Apart from that, she was your typical run-of-the-mill grey wolf, likely seeking out things every wolf did: food, shelter, and companionship.
。◕‿‿◕。
12 Posts
Ooc — Melee
He regarded her with caution, and she couldn't help the smirk that pulled at the corner of her lip as she drew nearer. Earthsea never understood why some wolves were so damn afraid all the time, especially when they happened upon one of their own species in unclaimed land. She knew she smelled of wind and trees and rivers, her coat intermingled with the plethora of territories she could have only traversed if she was unburdened by a pack. And, well, if he was of a pack, she certainly couldn't smell or see any sign of them.

She couldn't fathom being anything other than glad of company, and so she greeted him with the same enthusiasm and kindness she would have greeted a loved one, "Hello! I'm Earthsea."
I am a slower-paced roleplayer. There may be times that I am only able to post once per activity period. If I do not respond to a thread within 7 days, you are welcome to minorly powerplay Earthsea's exit if you prefer a faster pace.
239 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
She made no attempt to do anything heinous, and Dune almost immediately relaxed when she greeted him in a chipper voice. She announced her name, and Dune replied in his usual short manner, eyes soft and welcoming along with the rest of his body language. "Dune," he said, stating his name. Nothing more, nothing less. He tended to speak the bare minimum needed to get by, and he strongly preferred those who did the same.

Still, he was worried about the storm, and he wished to get to shelter sooner rather than later. "Storm coming," he said, gesturing to the clouds that were heading their way. "Go to shelter." At least, that was what he was planning to do, and he used his muzzle to point to the forest that lay ahead of them. It was a silent invitation.

Whether she decided to follow or not, Dune's plans weren't going to change, so he began to make his way toward the trees.