King Elk Forest all the deepest blues are black
see my heart, i decorate it like a grave
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Private 
@Burke
So sorry this is super late, I've been sick! Can we assume there was a behind the scenes introduction?
Every step felt heavy as he walked into camp; Nathaniel was exhausted. He had been doing good, maybe better-- but last night felt like another leap back. Sleep had not come for him, only racing thoughts.
When the sun rose to greet the world, the ex-soldier had lifted himself reluctantly to his feet and gone to hunt for his father. He had been planning on spending some time with the old man before he died, but for some reason had been putting it off. As if that would delay the inevitable. Truth be told, he wasn't ready for Burke to die-- less from sentiment, really, because while Nat was being honest he may as well admit he still wanted answers. Answers to questions he didn't even have the words for yet.
He entered his father's den carrying a fox for him; it was by no means a feast, but it was breakfast.
Hope you're not dead yet. The words, level and somewhat wry, were Nat's way of announcing his arrival as he ducked into the den, setting the fox down and looking up at his father.
i've eaten the sun,
so my tongue has been burned of the taste

Mona is allowed in ALL of Nathaniel's threads, including private ones.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Totally fine, yay another Nathaniel thread <3

Burke was better at staying in his den, though at times he could still be stubborn and find his way to the border. Not that he had so much to do there but he would just walk around and the senses he had left on alert. The male grumbled when he heard someone come into his den. He was sleeping and disliked to be woken up. He automatically made such a noise if someone entered, even though it could have been Malice. The male just had his grumpy side to deal with.

'Very much alive," he grumbled to his son. The elder licked his lips at the scent of blood. He realized he was hungry. The male eagerly took a bite out of the meal. His face seemed to be less grumpy looking. Even though it might not be enough for a wolf in its prime for Burke it was more than enough. He didn't need much food as he did before.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
He sat down next to his father, watching the older wolf eat with a blank expression. He still didn't have the right words for this-- unlike his brother, Nathaniel had not wasted his time wondering about a father who had abandoned them. But maybe it wasn't a waste after all; Sebastian had likely known what to say.

So, what did you do after you left? He figured he would start with sating his curiosity. Thus far the ex-soldier had found himself grateful that his father asked few questions about his past, but that didn't mean he was about to extend the same courtesy. No, not at all. Burke could have privacy in the grave; it obviously wasn't far off anyway.
i've eaten the sun,

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke did not expect the direct and personal question. He didn't think Nate would be interested enough. "Joined a cult-like pack, Blackfeather Woods. Became Beta, married the female in charged, then had pups. She died during childbirth. Then I became the leader for more than a year and was kicked out by one of my adoptive sons," he spoke from memory. Burke could remember his time in Blackfeather well. After that, his life hadn't been as exciting to him. Or at least, that was what he felt like.
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Nathaniel hadn't really expected anything less than bluntness from his father, but he was nonetheless slightly amused. He hid it well behind his typical indifferent facade, only flicking an ear in acknowledgement at first.
Fun. The ex-soldier commented dryly after a beat. So, when'd Seb find you in all this? Bet that was a great show.
He was a little eager to hear that story; it had been so long since he had seen his brother. Nat was already thinking he would try to find him, when Tindómë no longer had need of him. The ex-soldier had higher hopes for his reunion with his littermate-- though, ever the pessimist, he felt this was only setting himself up for disappointment. With his luck, Sebastian would hate him by now, for whatever reason.
i've eaten the sun,

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke glanced to the side while he was thinking. He couldn't really remember when Sebastian showed up. "He showed up too many times. The fool," Burke spoke grumpily. "We had one talk though. I offered him a spot in the cult-pack. But he couldn't take it, he was gone in like a week. So weak," Burke muttered. "Though apparently he did have the guts to kill my brother Darius," Burke spoke with a frown. "Oh well. I don't think I will see him again after leaving his beloved Caldera Folk," he stated with an eye roll.
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
I'm so sorry I've kept this waiting, I'm terrible. fade with your next post? <3 you can pp Nat leaving at some point
He actually couldn't help a half-snort half-chuckle at what Burke said, though he made a half-hearted attempt at masking it as a cough. Though his expression didn't betray it, Nathaniel took these words in. Sebastian had killed Darius? And-- who were these "Caldera folk"?
The ex-soldier was just about ready to call it a day; he had had enough now of this reunion. But he wanted one more answer. So, where is he now, then?
The weight he placed on this question only bled through in the barest hints. If he could find his littermate-- if there was any chance-- he would. There was no question about that.
i've eaten the sun,

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke shrugged. "Probably still at the Caldera. His pack is called Redhawk Caldera and they live on a volcano," he stated. Burke didn't say in touch after leaving that horrible pack that didn't want to feed him. Burke was far happier here. It seemed that answer was enough for Nathaniel. Burke was certain he had more questioned but they would have to be answered another time. Now he didn't feel like answering all those questions anymore. Luckily Nathaniel understood that and left him alone.

- END -

no worries <3