Blacktail Deer Plateau With ice cold hands taking hold on me
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
All Welcome 
Fever dreams. I'd really like @Dawn  or some other family member? But anyone can come.Set after O'Death.

He'd been brought back to the dens where he'd laid still since. The sickness was growing worse and worse by the hour and now he lay shaking on the den floor in a fitful slumber filled with troubled dreams. 

He was small again in the den back at Easthollow, nestled against a large black furred female and another smaller body was nestled against him. He turned and looked around with blurred eyes and nudged against the small body to his right. It smelled and looked like Dawn and his gaze softened as he lay his head across her back. His sister, his little sister. Only younger by mere moments but he still wanted to protect her. Then he remembered they were tucked against someone and he looked up into the face of a she wolf. All he remembered of her face were blue eyes and so in the dream she had those blue eyes but all other details were blurred. For a few moments he stared up at her with wonder "Momma..." He murmured. Then he remembered. She'd left them all. She'd run away and abandoned his father and him and Dawn without a single care. He stood up and backed away growling at her. "You left us! You left me and Dawn...you hurt Dad!" He shouted at the black figure. Suddenly the scene changed and he was running after two figures. It was Dawn and his Father running away from him like their mother had done so long ago. He shouted and tried to run after them but his legs hurt and everything was so heavy "Don't leave me! Please!"..

"Don't go...please don't go! Dad, Dawn!" He shouted in his fitful sleep legs kicking out but he didn't wake up. His lungs rattled and he coughed again in his sleep for a few minutes before heaving once and puking. Even then he didn't wake up but continued to dream horrible things that tormented his mind and prevented his body from getting proper rest.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday had, unfortunately, slept through Sunny's ordeal until he'd been brought back to the den. The male had been shocked and confused by the boy's sudden bad turn. Sunny always seemed so strong, and it just didn't make sense to Grayday that he should have to worry about the boy even now, when he was big and grown.

The father curled closer to his son, his puppy, his baby boy. "Daddy's here," he said urgently, the words twisting a knife in the depths of his heart. He thought guiltily of the months he'd left Sunny on his own, gone off to pursue his own life while his boy was still young and small. "I'm not goin' anywhere, buck-o. I've got you."

He turned to lick Lavender's forehead as his words seemed to bring her out of her own fitful slumber. "Go back to sleep, baby," he said to her. "Sunny's got a bad dream, is all." The painted child settled back down, and Grayday turned his attention back to Sunny, laying his head across the boy - the man's neck. "Daddy's here," he repeated, chest squeezing uncomfortably.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
His dreams had so many faces of the ones he cared for in them, even those he didn't know all too well showed up to torment him.
His mother was back again but was trying to take him and Dawn away. She had grabbed Dawn by the scruff and had begun running away. Their father was nowhere in sight so Sunny struggled after her once again feeling like lead but this time he pushed on. The black furred woman turned her blue eyes to him and dropped Dawn, standing before a stream "You can't save her. You cant stop me from leaving. Where's your father?" the voice teased him sounding wretched and suddenly she grabbed Dawn and leapt into the stream as he screamed

After that particularly nasty turn he gave a cry of alarm and woke up, his whole body jerking. He opened his eyes and stared around the den in a confused manner nose sniffling to draw in the scents. He still wasn't out of the dream yet, he didn't know what was going on. His thought were all befuddled and confused but he did know that he hurt all over. A weight on the back of his neck made him turn his head slowly and he eyed the gray fur and drew in the scent. It was his father, that was clear enough and he choked back a sob. "Dad? What's goin on? Where's momma? Is Dawn safe?" He croaked weakly as his mind replayed the dream over and over. Slowly he came back to himself and realized he was in morningside not Easthollow and everyone was alright for the most part. He flattened his ears back embarrassed at what he'd just asked and then spotted the puke. "Aw hell....I shouldn't be near you and Lavender..." He groaned.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
When he sensed that Sunny had awoken and regained some of his senses, Grayday lifted his head to free the boy from his embrace. "We're both already sick," he pointed out. Really, they'd been forced together. They couldn't be around their healthy packmates and get them sick, and Lavender needed to be around someone for warmth. "You just worry about getting better, alright?" Grayday pressed, bumping his nose against Sunny's face, and licking his cheek once he found it.

He shifted slightly, giving Sunny a bit more room. His fatherly concern had had him curling close around his fully-grown son, but he didn't want Sunny to feel like he was being babied - only when he was asleep! But Grayday couldn't help worrying about him, even though he was an adult. "What were you dreaming about?" he asked after a moment.
What's Mine is Ours
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny looked between his father and Lavender and nodded "Oh...right" he murmured softly and sighed. He shifted further away from the vomit,still feeling bad that he'd not woken up and at least made it out of the sleeping place. His head throbbed as well as almost every other part of his body and his lungs were rattling and wet. His father was right, he needed to focus on getting better for now so he could be up and helping out with the pack.

When asked about the dream he frowned and out his head on his paws. "Mom...Amber....first me and Dawn were pups again and beside her and I yelled at her for leaving us..then just now she stole Dawn and you weren't there so I chased them and Amber told me I can't save Dawn and I can't stop her and then she..she Jumped into the river with Dawn " the last part was said through tears that he desperately tried to blink away, voice cracking.

"I rarely ever dream about her...why now? Why Dawn? I don't wanna go back to sleep...I know that's childish but I can't.." he murmured softly turning to look at his father. He sighed again and flicked his ears "I get the dreams are all nonsense but they seemed so real. Even down to her eyes...the blue of her eyes." He whispered.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday gave a sad chuckle. "You get that from my side of the family. We're both inconvenient dreamers, you and me." He did still dream of Amber, at times, but most of the bad ones were about Khoe. His dreams tended to feature the kids most heavily, with Adeline and Catori guest-starring from time-to-time. Grayday tended to dream about whatever he was anxious about, and the safety of his family ranked top on that. "I wouldn't worry about it too much," he added. "Fever dreams tend to be about the most inane things, but they can leave you with a sense of impending doom."

He knew that all too well, having been sick with fever for several days, albeit not quite as severly as Sunny and Aditya. "I'm here, though. I won't let anything happen to you two. Dawn's fine as well - she and Aditya have gone back east, to find a safer place for us to live. They've got Easy, too." Although they were out and about on their own, Grayday felt that the three were far safer than the rest of the pack. This side of the mountain range was proving to be dangerous ground.
What's Mine is Ours
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
An ear flicked curiosly as his father explained that the dreams were a familial thing and he couldn't help that feel that as much as he wanted to be like his father he could have done without these nasty dreams. He listened as his father went on to tell him they were nothing to worry over though he wasn't exactly soothed. His breathe caught again and he began to cough and hack until white specks floated across his vision and he lay wheezing weakly.

Finally he managed to pull in a breath and he smiled weakly at his father "Good. With all these trespassers we're bound to lose someone to either sickness or injury. It's getting really dangerous lately" he said hoarsely. He closed his eyes and a really troublesome thought occurred to him "Didn't Adi almost die from this? It's hitting me hard...what if-" he cut himself off and fell silent his eyes opening and peering out the den.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"He was very sick," Grayday reluctantly agreed, "but he didn't die. I don't think you will die, either." It just wasn't possible. He was a young man, and if anyone should have died from this sickness, it was Grayday, who was already in somewhat poor condition. But he hadn't died either, and Grayday was sure his strong, robust young son would pull through.

He heard the words that Sunny left unsaid, but made no further comment on them. What could he say? Death was a very real part of life - Grayday knew this as much as any wolf. That didn't mean he had to like it.
What's Mine is Ours
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
His father's words comforted him greatly and he placed his head back down on his paws. He felt tired again and could feel the drowsiness pulling him back toward sleep. He fought it though still fearing the nightmares that had been plaguing him all night. Despite how he kept snapping his eyes open he began to fall asleep and inadvertently pressed closer against his father, seeking warmth and familiarity. Before he finally passed out again he murmured "I'm not ready to die...there's so much I wanna do" and then he was out like a light, lungs rattling occasionally in the silence of the den. Surprisingly and much to his unconscious relief he had no more nightmares, no dreams at all in fact but just a deep quiet slumber.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday gathered Lavender a bit closer to him and dropped his head down to his paws. He was glad that the conversation had been stopped there. He didn't know how to dispell his son's fears. Hopefully, he would be feeling a bit better when he awoke.
What's Mine is Ours