Wapun Meadow Poppy's In The Brain (M)
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Engel began to guffaw, and her ears folded back in something like nervous shame, shifting uneasily and feeling a fad better when Murdock aimed a harmless bite at the male's face. Murdock soon went on to explain the men could not get pregnant, and nor could women, unless - "heat?"  She ventured, carefully, glancing at Engel lest she say something that had him burst into laughter again. The fact that Murdock hadn't gotten Engel pregnant, and that the two seemed to merely be having some fun, dissipated the last of the odd feeling in her chest, though she was still a little hurt by Engel's obvious amusement at the situation.
Adopt my pups!               
[Image: SXBUara.jpg]
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel shut his mouth quickly as the harmless bite came at him, but he stifled a chuckle. "Sorry" he whispered. Though he was curious to see how Murdock would try to shut him up. He rolled over onto his belly and watched Poppy. So she didn't know much at all. 

"Heat, only females get Poppy...you don't have to worry about me getting any of Murdock's babies." He paused for a moment before he started again. "Heat is when a female is ready for breeding. They..." he looked to Murdock, wondering how he should go about this. "They give something off that makes males want to breed with them. But don't worry, Murdock will keep you safe. Right?" While he may have laughed before at Poppy, he saw her as much too innocent for such a burden.
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
304 Posts
Ooc —
Engel seemed ready to jump back into the conversation, then. Murdock shot him a look, but when he proved able to comport himself, the larger male shifted his attention back to Poppy's face.

"If you need me to," he agreed with a little bob of his head. "I don't want you to be afraid of it. It shouldn't be a scary thing, to go into heat. Natural as shedding, and much more pleasant, I assume." He, of course, had no firsthand experience in that regard. But all the women he'd encountered in that state had seemed to be enjoying themselves.

"But yeah, I'll keep you safe. Same as with anything," he added, just in case she wasn't sold on the idea.
[Image: AIUhSFO.png?2]
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Her gaze widened and it seemed even more doe-like, and she asked quietly, "all the males?" She didn't think she smelled that good ever, but the thought of a magic scent that could make all males she met want her in that way awed and scared her. "and the girl's, too?"  She asked, hoping this was not the case. A magic smell that made everyone want to do the sex seemed a bit too much to bear. She nodded when Murdock said he'd keep her safe from all those who wanted to do the sex, and while she stopped her nervous shifting, her gaze remained wide as she asked,  "how do you give people your babies, Murdock?"  She asked him, head canting as she did, curiousity written across her features.
Adopt my pups!               
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"If they are old enough....yes...but like Murdock said it's not something to be scared about, you have him there" he said in answer. He considered her lucky to have Murdock there always, if he was by her side always. The question about girls, he was not sure. "That...that I cannot answer." 

He looked to Murdock, still managing to hold his overall composure. The question was directed toward Murdock, so he made no answer to the question.
304 Posts
Ooc —
"I don't think the scent does much for other women," he supplied, although he had noticed that the season in general caused extra horniness in many women. It could have something to do with the presence of heat scent, but Murdock did not think that worth mentioning. They wouldn't be panting after Poppy because of it.

He paused on her next question, telling himself firmly to calm down. He didn't want to give Poppy - or anyone! - his babies, so the conversation shouldn't be affecting him this way. He was being ridiculous.

"Well, I would mount the woman," he said to Poppy, moving toward Engel and throwing himself over the other male's hips without warning. "Like so. Budge up there, pal. And then my penis would enter her, and we'd make this sort of motion," He swung his hips halfheartedly at Engel's a few times before dropping to his own four paws once more. "And it'd feel really good, and then the woman might get pregnant. If she was in heat."

He looked between the two, wondering if there was anything else he ought to include.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
While slightly relieved that she wouldn't be attracting all manner of wolves, the thought of something as powerful as a heat concerned her still. She leaned forward a bit as Murdock began his demonstration, and this time it was her turn to poorly suppress a little nervous giggle as the display. Her brow furrowed in slight confusion, wondering just how entering worked. She peered down at herself when the pair finished, succeeding only in losing her balance and sliding halfway onto her side as she tried to work out the logistics of that act. Some more squinting at her rear did not turn up anything that looked like it might be useful for such an act, but she said only "oh" before slowly pulling herself back into a sitting position.
Adopt my pups!               
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel nodded along as Murdock explained some things...that was until Mur decided Engel was the perfect test dummy. "Woah, Mur-" He stopped struggling for a moment from the surprise mounting and just stood there, trying not to pull a funny face until Murdock hopped off. If he were to be honest with himself, he kind of hoped he had not hopped off...even with the company. 

"Uh, yeah...like that." He remained still, standing there awkwardly.
304 Posts
Ooc —
Murdock was also suppressing a snicker as he saw that Poppy was still a bit confused. It was one of those things you just had to figure out in the moment, in his experience. He was sure Poppy would get the hang of it when she needed to - hopefully without falling over. 

"It works," Murdock assured, sensing a bit of disbelief. "It's not the most intuitive thing, but hey, we've all been doing it for generations. You'll figure it out."
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Murdock assured her that she would figure it out, and she nodded almost grimly, asking then,  "when do I need to do the sex, then?" She asked, glancing at the pair. She assumed by the way that Murdock claimed that they'd been doing it for generations that eventually her turn to do the sex would come, and she'd have to do the thing Engel had been doing, which, admittedly, didn't look too hard. She was quite interested in the fact that pups were a product of such an act, though her expression turned to a grimance as she imagined her prudent mother in Engel's position. That, however Murdock explained it, seemed wrong.
Adopt my pups!               
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel definitely knew that question was someting he could not answer, not without a highly innappropriate answer. "That's all yours" he whispered to Murdock. He could not shake the feeling that perhaps if Poppy did go into heat, Murdock might be taken from him...which he would have been fine with. If not for the recent feelings he had been having after Murdock's touch to him. It was something he could no doubt get over, however.
304 Posts
Ooc —
The question bothered Murdock, a little. He wasn't quite sure what Poppy meant by it. Did she mean to go and find someone as soon as she could, or was she merely worried that she would be forced to in the near future? There were a thousand shades of in-between as well, and probably quite a few possibilities that Murdock hadn't thought of. Women were awful like that - who could ever know what went on in their pretty heads?

He decided to respond with a magnanimous, "Whenever you want," figuring it would cover all bases, with a few qualifiers. "I wouldn't recommend getting pregnant without Valette's permission, but I doubt she'll try to stop you from sleeping around. Just avoid the ones with mates, and try to keep it to yourself, if you can. Some folks are a little squeamish about that sort of thing."

He glanced at Engel, not really sure what else to add. "There's no rush," he said after a moment. "No one says you have to do it." He still wasn't sure what she'd meant.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
She relaxed a bit when Murdock claimed she could do the sex whenever it pleased her, and there wouldn't be some time that it was expected of her. At his talk of pregnancy and sleeping around her ears flickered nervously, and she was quick to say, "no, that's alright. I don't think - I wouldn't - I mean -" She broke off after her faltering sentence seemed to reach no end, wondering if she were the type of folk squeamish about such things. Still, her tension leaked out of her quickly when Murdock's final reassurances sunk in, a kind of nervous fear replaced instead by a budding curiosity in the whole thing.
Adopt my pups!               
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"Oh yes...mated pairs are not something you ever want to get between" he said, louder than he had meant to. He had done so a few times, and regretted getting in between love. And then leaving those that left their mates for him....he had never meant to cause such mayhem, but the hole in his heart was large. 

"No rush, no rush at all. Something for your own pace...don't even have to once." Even though that style of life was not so very much fun. "I'm sure you'll meet someone though...or already have" he said with a snicker, ducking a bit away from Murdock. There was definitely something there, even if it was just a friendship...or whatever it was.
304 Posts
Ooc —
Murdock shot Engel a quelling look. It took a lot to get him angry these days, but that didn't mean he'd sit idly by while others made slanderous comments against him and his. The man's gaze softened as he turned back to Poppy.

"Never mind him," he said firmly. "It's up to you entirely. If you prefer, we can forget this ever happened." He would certainly prefer it. He'd never been too worried about being walked in on before, but he was usually with women, and there'd never been a Poppy before.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Engel's comment had her start, and she stood, deciding then that she'd had quite enough learning today. Murdock's comment relieved her greatly, and she nodded quickly. "yes - tha - I think-" She shifted, picking up her paws in an awkward kind of dance before finishing her sentence finally. "I think I'll go back now. Engel, I'm happy you're okay." She finished awkwardly, before glancing once at Murdock before twisting and moving back in the general direction of Easthollow, gait an odd prancing trot as she tried not to simply bolt out of the situation.
Adopt my pups!               
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel kept his eyes on Poppy as she left awkwardly. Now he couldn't help but feel sorry for her. "She's nice, you know...lucky to have you" he said, and he couldn't helpi not hiding the jealousy in his voice. Then there was a pause from him.

"So...what now?" he asked to Murdock. He honestly had no idea what to do next in this situation, he was quite confused by it all.

Shall we finish up soon?
304 Posts
Ooc —
Murdock was in no mood to suffer Engel any longer. His chest felt strange and tight as he watched Poppy dart away - as though he'd lost something very dear to him.

"I really wish that hadn't happened," he said quietly, turning and walking the opposite direction. He needed some time to himself.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel just kind of sat there, awkwardly as he watched Murdock leave. "Yeah...I wish that too." He couldn't deny that he was feeling...well, something toward Murdock. But for now, at least he could hide it.