Firefly Glen introspection, recollection
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
set 1,000,000,000,000 years from today when they finally make it to gbw, tagging @Zada for visibility.  for @Rannoch.  shit op is shit.

she had thought about her departure from northstar vale quite a bit on their journey away from the kingdom that had shattered her soul.  once again she claimed the moniker seabreeze, as she had, much with every decision in her life, changed her name to suit the ashen prince and his family.

no more.  seabreeze was the name she had given herself when she'd washed ashore, water in her lungs, all skin and bones.  it was all she'd had, and so it would be again.

she kept her thoughts away from the pair's time in the den underneath the snow at the kingdom's borders.  she would not fall for another so quickly, no matter how the girl made her feel.  she couldn't afford to be broken again.  she needed.. to find herself.

so seabreeze set course towards the pack she'd once called home.  it was exceptionally rough on the healing girl, and the return seemed longer than the trip she'd taken to tindome with mato.

turning to her companion, she bid her to stay while she scouted forward.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Nostalgia had lured Rannoch to the glen; although his most-recent visit to the territory had almost lead to his demise, Rannoch still thought fondly of the area that separated Moonspear and Neverwinter Forest. He had never seen the forested region dressed in a white blanket of snow, Rannoch was confident that it was a sight to behold— a spectacle that he needed to see before Spring reclaimed the Teekon Wilderness. If the territory lived up to his expectations, he knew that he'd have to return with Liffey at his side.

Rannoch pranced through the snow with stars in his eyes; he had arrived at the glen in no time and was blown away by how the region had transformed. Even though he had been to the area frequently, it was almost unrecognizable to him. 

In time, as he meandered closer to the heart of the territory, something recognizable crossed his path: the scent of a long-lost friend. He stopped to scan the barren area that surrounded him, as he felt his heart begin to race. "Seabreeze?" Rannoch called out, his voice hopeful as he observed the vacant land before him. "Are you out there?" Although he was confident that it was her scent, coupled with another that he did not recognize, he was not sure whether or not she was near; her scent was fresh, but she and her unrecognizable companion could have already moved on.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

she was tugged from her thoughts by the scent of a friend, and she very nearly thought she was hallucinating until she heard her current-former name carry through the air.

rannoch?  she wondered how he still remembered her, and if she even wanted him to see her in this sorry state... but she paid it no mind for now, simply pleased to find who she had been looking for — and earlier than she'd planned!

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Seabreeze's reply caused Rannoch to regard the land before him more intricately; he looked to where her voice originated and investigated from there. 

"Where are you?" Rannoch asked as he took a tentative step towards her scent.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

she pushed fowards towards his scent until he came into view, her tail giving a tentative wag as she glanced over him.  he was scarred heavily; she feared seeing him so worn but she supposed they had both changed so much.

right here, she says, offering a genuine but small smile.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Seemingly out of nowhere, Seabreeze appeared before him. Unable to veil his excitement in seeing his old friend, Rannoch hurried towards her with a wagging tail. 

"Seabreeze!" Rannoch paused just in front of where she stood, looking at her with nothing but fondness in his eyes. There were so many questions he had for her, but one seemed to slip out before the rest could escape, "What are you doing here?!" 
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
she was enamored with the excitement rannoch had at seeing her once more, and her worry dissipated at the wagging of his tail.  looking for you!  what a chance this was!

she fixes her seaglass gaze upon him with an inquisitive look (although one without judgment) and asks a flurry of her own questions.  i didn't expect to see you so soon.  why are you not in the vale?

her gaze casts quickly over his ragged throat before returning to his cerulean eyes.  you smell like pack though, so i'll assume you're doing alright.  is liffey still with you?  secretly, in the deepest parts of her she hoped that the girl was, because this was one wolf she didn't want to commiserate with.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"Looking for me?" Rannoch echoed in surprise, finding her words hard to believe. Concern quickly rose within the former Alpha, and though he wished to speak to it, he remained silent as Seabreeze spoke again. 

"I haven't been a part of the Vale for quite some time," he informed her with a frown, "I was out looking for Cypress one day, and Vaati attacked me. Almost killed me." He paused, and his pout deepened at the memory.  "Three wolves from Moonspear saved me from him and took me in. They healed me and fed me when I couldn't hunt for myself. I've become a member since to repay the debt I owe them."

Rannoch fell silent for a moment, and his ears dropped to lay upon his head.  "I don't know what became of the Vale," he admitted quietly, "Hydra, Moonspear's Beta, went out to tell the remaining members about what happened. But, I don't know what happened to them." Rannoch's expression brightened at the mention of his mate. "She is with me. She tracked me down after I got hurt." With quiet enthusiasm, he added, "She's my wife now." 
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

the name vaati does not ring any bells but she commits it to memory, just in case.  moonspear gets jotted down in a separate mental category. 

her eyes widen in delight as he speaks of liffey.  oh, she just had to meet this girl!  rannoch, obviously had to have good taste in girls.  objectively, he was rugged and handsome and kind and smart (but admittedly not seabreeze's type at all).  

so his girl would be something that would fit him well, kind and spirited and beautiful.  

i am sorry to hear that, rannoch.  i hate to tell you that i sought you for unhappy reasons as well, she begins, figuring she should just go for it.  mato and i had a falling out.  we became husband and wife, and just days later i strayed too far from the outside of the borders and was captured by a small band of wolves.  i was gone three weeks, maybe four.  he assumed i had abandoned them.  he called for a break and then never faced me again.

she shrugs.  now that it was over, she never had to talk about it again!  yay!  of course, that's never how conversation worked, but god she could hope.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Despite the troubling news, Rannoch resisted the urge to frown. Seabreeze had seemed relatively nonchalant about the situation, and Rannoch didn't want to do anything that would make her feel differently. "I'm sorry that all of that happened," he said, expressing his sentiment on the matter. "You are a wonderful woman, and I'm sure the future has something brighter in store for you." Although Rannoch had been fond of the star-kissed man, Seabreeze's story didn't sit well with him. He couldn't comprehend how anybody could turn their back on their spouse so quickly, and he queried what Mato would have said about the matter. This wasn't to discredit Seabreeze's story, either, he just wondered what mental-state one had to be in to act so cruelly. 

"If you want to talk about it, I'm here for you," Rannoch offered with a wave of his tail.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

i have forgiven him.  i just wish to move on, she says, glossing over the bitterness she held for him deep in her heart.  i was hoping to come back to the vale and grovel at your feet, she says with a toying grin, and maybe you'd let me back in.  what are the plans for now?

he was right; the future did have something brighter in store for her, but she did not know it yet.  she just held onto the idea of returning to rannoch and his friends and hoped it would be enough to quell her.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch nodded; he would not speak another word about her divorce. 

Seabreeze then went on to articulate her purpose of being so far from home; Rannoch's head tipped as he contemplated what his plan was. "I'm not sure, honestly," he began after a pause, "I have some good friends at Moonspear but, things there have been..." He paused and glanced over his shoulder to make sure that Big Brother wasn't near. When he felt as though they were alone, he turned back to his company, leaned in, and spoke softer. "... weird." 

He frowned, uncertain of how to elaborate his feelings to somebody who had no idea about everything that had happened at Moonspear. "Certain situations have led me to begin to feel kinda uncomfortable there but, I know I have a debt to repay." 
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

his discomfort is enough to cause her gaze to dart wildly around, as if pairs of eyes would materialize and they would be surrounded by unwelcome onlookers.  she finds nobody, but respects the silent conversation he wishes to have.

you must have been here some time by now.  will they not let you leave?  .... are you in danger?

she cannot imagine he is being held captive somewhere with his wife but with the way he speaks she cannot deny the possibility either.  can you not gather your friends and leave?

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch's frown deepened, and he shrugged. "I'm not sure, honestly," he replied. The wolves of Moonspear tended to act out when they were opposed. "I don't think that they'd be fine if we left with some of their members..." 

But, it was a possibility. Rannoch couldn't deny that. 

"... But, that is an idea," he admitted. "An idea I might consider." 
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

her brows knit in worry and frustration and her seaglass eyes turned hard at his words.  but she was helpless to protect him, she knew.  the three of them could not hold their own against an entire pack.

should i wait here for you?  if he was maybe leaving it was a better shot than staking out on her own, and perhaps maybe.. she could be of some kind of assistance.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"If you want," Rannoch replied. Although he had no reason to omit his residence, it was something for him to consider. "I don't know if or when I'd leave but, you'd be one of the first wolves to know." 

He hesitated then and gave her a once-over. "Are you sure you'll be good out here without a pack?" 
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

yeah, she assures him, there are two of us.  we made it all the way from the king elk forest, so i think we'll be fine for a while.  let us know when you decide something.

well, that was that, then.  so long as he didn't want to catch up some more, she'd bid him adieu.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Feel free to add one more post and then archive! Thanks for the thread!

Their conversation was coming to an end, and Rannoch knew that it was about time for him to return to Moonspear. "Alright, I'll come and check on both of you in a few days," he promised. 

Rannoch took a step forward and poked her cheek with his nose. "Stay safe, Seabreeze. I'll see you soon." And without another word, Rannoch turned heel and loped off in the direction of Moonspear. He had a lot to think about, and he needed some time to digest the conversation they had had.