Cerulean Cape you've been on my mind since the flood
165 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
She'd slipped away from Morningside in the early morning; but not before adding to their caches and paying her dues, as she believed was owed. The flame-touched girl had looked back once in the slight of the cold dawn before slipping past the borders, wounds long healed and mental scars not quite so raw. She'd put on weight, after her meeting with Forrest, and gained enough energy to make her way to the coast, not entirely sure if this was the end of her stay at Morningside, or where she would go. The man haunted her still, and the fear had warped into a twisted desire for it to come to a head and for her to meet the monster again; surely that was better than the constant uneasy, the fear, the worry.

But there was no time for such thought now, not when the ocean crashed against the surf, the familiar scents of salt and brine lay heavy in the air. The moon lay heavy in the sky, huge and clear and reflected in the far waves. Feeling the closest to happy she'd been in a long while, she moved swiftly to meet the waves as they rushed forth, gasping as their chill crashed against her twiggy hocks.
did you hear the sun go down?
silent as a child I found
hiding in the midnight of my soul
I am ready now to let her go
23 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Harley ended up sticking around the coast, finding the beaches to be much more accommodating than inland, or wherever she had come from. The salty air prevented ice from forming, Harley guessed, but honestly she didn’t think about it too much. The chocolate-dipped girl simply knew that she liked this place better than the other places, so she stuck around. It’s honestly what had kept her around Frostbite Mountain for so long; that was, up until Raiden left and everything became so bland and boring.

She followed her nose back to the oceans edge once more, noting wolfscent upon the air and allowing her curiosity to get the best of her. Immediately, she found no one — but after dancing circles in the lapping winter waves, she caught sight of a femme down the coastline aways. There was no hiding dark form, so stark against the pale milieu, so Harley brazenly made a beeline towards the girl with head held high and banner waving good-naturedly. Hey, cutie! she called out, when she was within hearing distance. Harley didn’t know what she wanted from the stranger, but figured she would find it along the way with a wink and a smile.        
they'll never know how I'd stared at the dark in that room 
with no thoughts, like a blood-sniffing shark